How Late Is To Late To Top A Plant?

• Thread starter sumerianak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
frebo

frebo

and another bit of advice is if you get a 20 gallon smart pot and a bag of fox farm ocean forest and transplant at the same time or soon after topping you will get a beefier plant.
when you shift the growth auxins the plant not only goes nuts up top but also in the root ball. Combine that new root growth pre flower with new rich soil and kablam man trust me.
I know some of you have reasons for growing in smaller pots and I don't want to argue about that. The larger the pot, the larger the plant....within reason. A lot of the smart pots come with handles. You could put a larger Smartpot on a piece of plywood on a Harbor Freight dolly and still be able to move it. Personally I don't like using a pot smaller than 100 gallons. I bought 10 of the beige colored Smartpots(100 gallon) and yielded 2-3 lbs. each and I didn't plant until July. This year I made 6 - 350 gallon pots with heavy duty animal pen panels and road fabric. My plants are 6-1/2' tall and 7' in diameter and yes I pinched them a few times.

sumerianak

sumerianak

yeah so this one was fim'ed 3 weeks ago and looked to be the best candidate for this expriment, it's a ak plant sitting in a 7 gal pot and now supercropped, 7-8 tops were put under the treatment.. we will see how big she gets as she is 26 inch high with 10 tops at the same height, she's 6 weeks old and got another 6-8 weeks to go before it's time to flower, i'm looking to supercrop one more time and maybe some lst once she's snapped out of the treatment. she's guna be a badass, prolly be flowered alone and i might blast her vertically and from the top if she can qualify til' then.
IMAG1486

Top Bottom