How long do beans take to sprout in rockwool cubes?

• Thread starter HappyTrailz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Yo bozo, ended up getting the t8's with a plug.. moved the cubes into cups with croutons and will putting under this morning. I found a old pic of one of my coco hempys... Took me a minute to figure out the wet/dry period, but ended up being some good smoke! I think after i get the running with wool I'll take some cuts and try coco again:)
Will post update after i get the light up... they shorted me a lock washer for the shield so i have run back and get a couple along with some chain links. peace brah!
Coco023
Coco 021

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...stick your hand under there bro, if it's too hot for the back of your hand it's too hot, otherwise you want the light as close as possible.

...nice hempy bud shots too, with plants like that i'm surprised you switched it up.

...and that was a good idea with the croutons, now those stretchy stems should start throwing out some roots into those croutons.

peace, bozo

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

...stick your hand under there bro, if it's too hot for the back of your hand it's too hot, otherwise you want the light as close as possible.

...nice hempy bud shots too, with plants like that i'm surprised you switched it up.

...and that was a good idea with the croutons, now those stretchy stems should start throwing out some roots into those croutons.

peace, bozo
Yea bro, those floros hardly put off any heat... matter of fact i need to add some heat where they're currently growing. I don't have them in my tent. I'm goingt to pylon bomb my tent before i put these in. How long does it usually take them to get big enough and take some cuts and flip? I know all strains are different... just curious... so use to growing 10-14 days and flipping. Lucky for me i got some fem beans... so i want to flip asap and hopefully find me a gem!

My only beef with the hempys is the hand watering and disposing the waste... which you have shown how ez that is to correct. Definitely will be exploring the hempys again.

N

NWElite89

It all depends on the size of your tent/flowering room to accommodate the flip (stretch). I take cuts off my veg plants as well and they are about 18-24" depending on the strain (Indica/Sativa). After the cuts have been taken, I wait about another 5 days before switching the lights to flower mode and let the plants recover after the cuts have been taken.

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Have a tiny bleach looking spot on a couple of the tips? Haven't fed any nutes... The second set of leaves are coming out and i was thinking of hitting them in a few days with 1ml of gh 3 part? Too soon?

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Had to leave town for a little while... figured these would of been a little bigger... as i transplanted to bigger container noticed these were root bound:mad: Hope they start to take off.. i put them under the 600 and feed 400ppm GH.. I usually start in 6" hugo and then place on top of the croutons... hope i can get away just croutons. Plan to take some clones in a few weeks and find a keeper!Seedling 002 Seedling 003 Seedling 005

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...yeah man, sorry i've not been by, i'm still not used to not having a 'control panel' of sorts where i automatically go to every time i log on so i'm not used to using that 'watched threads' button.

...anyway, yeah, the roots being like that is your problem and as you just put them up i'd suggest you re-do it and this time rough up those roots before you bury them into their new pots, and don't be too gentle, especially when they are wound so tight you need to loosen them so they will spread out rather than continue to coil.

believe me bro, they can take way more abuse than you think, those pics show how healthy the root systems are.

...anyway, here's a couple shots of when i was first learning how to re-veg and where i was following instructions on pruning the roots, ...just to show you how much then can take and still be ok.

DSCI0468smll

DSCI0469smll

...so yeah man, you need to loosen up those roots and allow them to spread out and multiply.

peace, bozo

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

...yeah man, sorry i've not been by, i'm still not used to not having a 'control panel' of sorts where i automatically go to every time i log on so i'm not used to using that 'watched threads' button.

...anyway, yeah, the roots being like that is your problem and as you just put them up i'd suggest you re-do it and this time rough up those roots before you bury them into their new pots, and don't be too gentle, especially when they are wound so tight you need to loosen them so they will spread out rather than continue to coil.

believe me bro, they can take way more abuse than you think, those pics show how healthy the root systems are.

...anyway, here's a couple shots of when i was first learning how to re-veg and where i was following instructions on pruning the roots, ...just to show you how much then can take and still be ok.

View attachment 384850

View attachment 384851

...so yeah man, you need to loosen up those roots and allow them to spread out and multiply.

peace, bozo
For real?? I just put them in... untouched on Sunday morning. I won't be able to fluff them up/uncoil until tomorrow night. Damm wish i would of known.... I've grown hundreds of clones, never reveged or been rootbound... SIGH!
Seems like i just keep having set back after set back...

Was really hoping to get them tall enough and get some cuts and flip. I defenitely have to hit the flip by the end of the month.. I'm only set up for the cool seasons. Think it's possible? Also i was scared the floros weren't giving me fast enough growth so i put them under the 600.. Should i get the floro's back out? They obviously were trying to grow... Fucking newb!!! Peace bro!

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

For real?? I just put them in... untouched on Sunday morning. I won't be able to fluff them up/uncoil until tomorrow night. Damm wish i would of known.... I've grown hundreds of clones, never reveged or been rootbound... SIGH!
Seems like i just keep having set back after set back...

Was really hoping to get them tall enough and get some cuts and flip. I defenitely have to hit the flip by the end of the month.. I'm only set up for the cool seasons. Think it's possible? Also i was scared the floros weren't giving me fast enough growth so i put them under the 600.. Should i get the floro's back out? They obviously were trying to grow... Fucking newb!!! Peace bro!
...yeah man, don't deride yourself for inexperience, it's these kinds of things that teach us the most and you can't get down on yourself for these minor issues, just accept them and do the best you can with the certain knowledge that your NEXT grow will be better, and the one after that will be even better, each is practice for the next so this is how we dial in our skills, as it were.

...also, why is it you can't do any runs in the warmer months? ...what's holding you back?

peace, bozo

S

ssteely71

@HappyTrails. It's not a set back at all. It's a step forward in skill. The more you know.......

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

...yeah man, don't deride yourself for inexperience, it's these kinds of things that teach us the most and you can't get down on yourself for these minor issues, just accept them and do the best you can with the certain knowledge that your NEXT grow will be better, and the one after that will be even better, each is practice for the next so this is how we dial in our skills, as it were.

...also, why is it you can't do any runs in the warmer months? ...what's holding you back?

peace, bozo
I ended up taking care of that after my post last night... i made a deal with the wife to only run a few times a year. So i chose the cooler months as i'm near the central valley and it gets way to hot during the summer in my gargage. I do plan to keep a couple of moms though under the floros. They put off hardly any heat.... Should i just throw up the floros for a few more weeks? I had no idea these roots grew so wild under them! Here's a few pix.. As always thanks bro!
Seedling 006 Seedling 007 Seedling 008

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...judging by those roots man i'd say you'll be ready to flip in no time, ...they look very healthy and clean and i expect you'll see a serious growth spurt VERY soon.

...also, if all you can do is 2 runs per year to keep your marriage happy i understand and if you only grow for your own personal use and you aren't a hog then you should be able to grow a years supply with 2 runs inside a 4 x 4 tent around a single 600HPS, ...i routinely pull 12 to 14 zipz per cycle so 2 cycles would give you 24oz or 2 per month, ...dialed in you could do better but 12 to 14 with almost no drama is good enough for this old stoner!

peace, bozo

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

...judging by those roots man i'd say you'll be ready to flip in no time, ...they look very healthy and clean and i expect you'll see a serious growth spurt VERY soon.

...also, if all you can do is 2 runs per year to keep your marriage happy i understand and if you only grow for your own personal use and you aren't a hog then you should be able to grow a years supply with 2 runs inside a 4 x 4 tent around a single 600HPS, ...i routinely pull 12 to 14 zipz per cycle so 2 cycles would give you 24oz or 2 per month, ...dialed in you could do better but 12 to 14 with almost no drama is good enough for this old stoner!

peace, bozo
Hehe... good to hear... sorry to ask again.. but to floro or not to floro?? And that tent is huge!! 10x10 i usally run 2k... the 600 was just to go easy on the new kids... and then i'll turn the 1k on.. Ya its all for the head bro... flooded cali killed my action a while ago... For some strange reason people enjoy going to the club and get bent over! Not this dude...My outdoor definitely carries me... Really hope i can get me some pie going outside this year... I may have to go the club and quarantine at another location and nuke the hell out of them.
Peace, trailz

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...btw, if you are gonna do this successfully then you really need to nail down your curing and long term storage or you'll end up with either too dry bud or moldy bud.

...here is a link to a thread on a relatively new product made for long term storage that acts as a humidor for your buds and while my first one hasn't been delivered yet, i've done enough research to know i had to have at least one for testing, if they work as well as they seem to then i will be getting more, despite being pricey.

Behold The Worlds Greatest Cannabis Storage.

...the biggest advantage to these is their simplicity so curing becomes MUCH simpler to accomplish.

peace, bozo

...at the very end of that thread i link to a hygrometer available at Amazon for like $12.00 bucks, a small price to KNOW what the moisture level of your bud is.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Hehe... good to hear... sorry to ask again.. but to floro or not to floro?? And that tent is huge!! 10x10 i usally run 2k... the 600 was just to go easy on the new kids... and then i'll turn the 1k on.. Ya its all for the head bro... flooded cali killed my action a while ago... For some strange reason people enjoy going to the club and get bent over! Not this dude...My outdoor definitely carries me... Really hope i can get me some pie going outside this year... I may have to go the club and quarantine at another location and nuke the hell out of them.
Peace, trailz

...yeah, lol, a single 600 in a 10 x 10 won't cut it, lol.

...and i'd say just stick with the 600 until you're ready to change to the 1k's, why go through the bother of swapping them out now when you'll probably be flipping very soon anyway?

peace, bozo

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

...yeah, lol, a single 600 in a 10 x 10 won't cut it, lol.

...and i'd say just stick with the 600 until you're ready to change to the 1k's, why go through the bother of swapping them out now when you'll probably be flipping very soon anyway?

peace, bozo
Ok.... just to save pge only reason... As far as storage and cure goes... I keep the whole plant hung upside down in my room(dark) with humidity set at 50% with all the fan leaves trimmed, i take as needed . When i cut a few branches to trim a zip up the shit is as sticky and dank as the first week i chopped it. Been doing it this way forever... My outdoor spot is up at 3k elevation and dry as hell. Learned the hard way back in the day....But pretty amazing this stuff can stay fresh for a very long time if you do it right. I'll peep that link out though thx!

Peace, trailz

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

peeped out that vid... i see that fool all over youtube... pretty funny dude. The problem is i would a shit ton of those for my outdoor!!Picture 071 Picture 076

Top Bottom