How Long Does Foliar Pack Last In Water

• Thread starter gumby420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

So i always mix a full gallon when i do foliar sprays and sometimes have a little left over. How many days, if any, does it take to go bad? ive been throwing away the extra not wanting to risk anything.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cap just posted that the tea should be used within a few hours or microbial life will have died. Maybe brew smaller amounts, since the tea made according to directions can be diluted significantly?

Natural

Natural

I'm sure Cap will chime in, but what I just learned is that the bennies will die in a few hours with no food and no aeration, like SM says. I made the mistake of letting the talc settle too long last time...Cap suggests 3-4 minutes..then use it up. I'm going back to a tea with ewc's and molasses for my foliar..for better spreading. I don't know about preserving Cap's AACT after that..but I keep store bought Vermi-T in the fridge for about 1-2 weeks before it goes bad.

gumby420

gumby420

I'm sure Cap will chime in, but what I just learned is that the bennies will die in a few hours with no food and no aeration, like SM says. I made the mistake of letting the talc settle too long last time...Cap suggests 3-4 minutes..then use it up. I'm going back to a tea with ewc's and molasses for my foliar..for better spreading. I don't know about preserving Cap's AACT after that..but I keep store bought Vermi-T in the fridge for about 1-2 weeks before it goes bad.

i am not using a tea as a foliar, so no brewing or air involved from the beginning, simply adding the foliar to ro water and spraying

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
No food and especially no aeration = no bennies alive.

Approx 6-8 hours is the most you will be able to wait with stagnant water.

gumby420

gumby420

No food and especially no aeration = no bennies alive.

Approx 6-8 hours is the most you will be able to wait with stagnant water.
are the bennies even coming alive in the first place if im using the method of just mixing the foliar pack with water? is it a waste? thanks

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
are the bennies even coming alive in the first place if im using the method of just mixing the foliar pack with water? is it a waste? thanks

Yes. Diluting with water will help bring some microbes out of stasis, and others will come out of stasis when they come in contact with a food source or host in the substrate/on the plant.

Top Bottom