How long does it generally take to learn how to grow bomb weed?

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

What a question. It depends on you and your gardening experience. I'm not a closet grower. I'm 100% outdoors in real live soil organic. No seaweed or potting mix. There is a way to supercharge an organic setup but its a lot of work helping nature provide you with your own fertilizers and creating super soil to grow your plants in. This is an outdoor digging in the garden working out in the skeeters way of doing things.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/growing-organic-buy-nate-growing-like-a-viking.147687/

Then there is tent growing. I had a tent but it did not work for me. You can start with a single auto flower seed and a used light on a timer. It's just that easy. But you need to learn how to grow auto flowers first. Youtube is a great place to start. Study study and study more. Then look after 1 nice plant. Learn how to grow one little step at a time. A 2x2 x 5' tall tent setup can be had pretty affordable and teach you plenty about growing. Then take on something a little larger as you learn. Growing is the easy part. Trimming and curing also take a little learning. All in all I love growing but it's a lot of work, Even a 2x2 tent requires quite an investment of self. Quality seed is everything.

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

Like lots of people have said, it takes a few runs to get the hang of it. It certainly did for me. And genetics definitely matter. Along with a lot of other variables like, grow methods, environment, access to equipment etc.

My first run was in hydro, in a homemade setup, non air conditioned garage in the south in the dead of summer. 90% humidity, 100*F. And I was running autos from seedsman. I got 8oz from two autos, but it was pretty shitty and most definitely harvested about 2-3 weeks too early. It looked great, got you sorta high, and tasted and smelled like shit!

That was a little over two years ago, and I’ve moved to organic soil and solid genetics. I can easily take a healthy plant from seed to harvest, and the bud is potent as hell. Drying and curing is very important and still a little tricky for me in my environment. But I’m getting better each time.

I’ve learned a ton in the last two years, and learn new stuff every day. One huge factor is patience and controlling your own anxiety. Just be cool, and learn to read the plants. It used to frustrate me when people said that, but now I get it. You have to fuck shit up enough so you know what plants look like when they’re in different types of distress. And I’m always prepared to fuck shit up.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

What a question. It depends on you and your gardening experience. I'm not a closet grower. I'm 100% outdoors in real live soil organic. No seaweed or potting mix. There is a way to supercharge an organic setup but its a lot of work helping nature provide you with your own fertilizers and creating super soil to grow your plants in. This is an outdoor digging in the garden working out in the skeeters way of doing things.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/growing-organic-buy-nate-growing-like-a-viking.147687/

Then there is tent growing. I had a tent but it did not work for me. You can start with a single auto flower seed and a used light on a timer. It's just that easy. But you need to learn how to grow auto flowers first. Youtube is a great place to start. Study study and study more. Then look after 1 nice plant. Learn how to grow one little step at a time. A 2x2 x 5' tall tent setup can be had pretty affordable and teach you plenty about growing. Then take on something a little larger as you learn. Growing is the easy part. Trimming and curing also take a little learning. All in all I love growing but it's a lot of work, Even a 2x2 tent requires quite an investment of self. Quality seed is everything.
Sorry but this little autoflower is in a 4x4, maybe a 2x2 could have some mushrooms.

20230328 104514
AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
First couple grows were just trying to get to the end and understand how the plant and indoor growing works. Next it was about getting good genetics and adjusting to get the best out of them. After that I was growing better weed than anything I could buy and have been learning how to do better since.
One of my problems early on was thinking growing indoors should be like a NASA lab with elaborate hydroponics. Lots of meters, bottles of nutes, hydroton, etc...I could do it but it was an odd fit. I had to dumb it down a lot to get to the mindset of *It's just gardening*. And that's my approach today. It's basic gardening but within it are all the nuances from germination to cure that are an endless journey of learning. I don't think we can ever stop learning and grow like a robot or computer running a program. We're human and it's a living plant. The interaction between the two is always evolving and at times unpredictable no matter how many times we've done it before.
Also as technology and info gets better, the way we do things also improves and adjusts to these new ideas and equipment.

I know for me any time I think I have it all figured out I'll get a rowdy lady in a crop tell me to hold her beer and I'll see something new. And that's after almost 30 years of dropping beans 🙃

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

Sorry but this little autoflower is in a 4x4, maybe a 2x2 could have some mushrooms.
Damn!! That’s one hell of an auto flower. I do have to agree with @Imzzaudae though…
Then look after 1 nice plant. Learn how to grow one little step at a time. A 2x2 x 5' tall tent setup can be had pretty affordable and teach you plenty about growing.
This is kinda the approach I took, and it really helped me focus on different aspects of growing and learning the plant. I got pretty good at growing a single plant in my 2x2x4 and now I actually enjoy growing in that small space, even though I have larger tents. My 2x2 is always in use.

If you can grow a healthy plant in a 7g pot in a 2x2x4 and not run out of headroom, and bring it to successful harvest, then you’re ready to move on to bigger things! It isn’t as easy as it sounds!! Works best with photos though, they’re more forgiving with topping and training. ☮️

E

Edinburg

As I stated some folks have green thumbs some don't but that really does not matter as long as you educate yourself, I have a friend in Spain who wanted to learn how to grow autoflowers over the phone, time and time again he would do great in veg then fry the plants in flower, this is bc he could not wrap his mind around the fact that autoflowers need very little nutes in flower ignoring me when I told him to at very least cut the flower nutes in half, bc he had no problems with the botanacare pro grow he thought a full dose of Atami would work fine and it does not, or feeding straight from the jug instead of watering it down first, but once he finally understood he brought his first grow home, all this took a year! However he is now a fairly decent grower and rarely asked me for advice, then there is outdoor growing, if you can keep your seedlings alive in a solo cup, get them nice and big and be able to simply transplant them into larger pots, then put them outside when there is no chance of a frost leave them alone and let mother nature do her thing then you will have a good chance, as for me growing outdoors is the easiest way to learn, as far as autoflowers go I think there easy and most of my problems if I get any is unstable seeds but this rarely happens bc I know who is legit and who is not but some F1 strains give me fits bc there either stable or not, the more you educate yourself the better and there are plenty of free online resources like the cannabis growers Bible.

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Im sure any experienced dude can chime in but the more times you grow a strain you “should” get much better at growing. I have learned this the hard way by acquiring too many different strains at once. It put my newb ass in its place. The fastest route to primo home production is finding a couple banger strains that show stability. Of course the rest of ur inputs (lights,nutes,etc) cant be garbage but I think most people get that.

Anecdote: I bought a lot of different seeds when i first started and I struggled to produce that primo bud. What i didn’t understand is that my newb ass wasn’t actually buying good genetics like i thought. Said fck it and bought clones from bud. I burned em, overwatered em, and over lighted them. What did i learn? It didnt matter much bc Stardawg, GMO, and Chemdog 91 were the first “good” genetics I got lol. Super stoned sorry for ramble 🌱❤️😂
Also true in my case, I like variety so I was growing numerous strains at once. Over time it caused me to doubt myself because I was getting mediocre results from some. Dialing it down to a couple this year that I was successful with in previous grows has given me my confidence back and getting excellent results. Ample notes from last Winter's grow has my latest Haze sisters finishing strong, along with my confidence!

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Thanks for the replies everyone! It's as I thought, my sister doesn't have a fucking clue (like most other things in life).

I took offence when she didn't want none of my grown weed because her dipshit friend hasn't been able to perfect his operations after more than two years. I can show her this thread and tell her to EAT IT.

I

Igrowgas23

I've been growing for 2 years my last batch I grew was the best yet but If you grow and do research you'll easily learn that there's really no such thing as a pro grower If you ask me different genetics grow different and not all growing techniques work with all genetics and not all nutes work the same some like more light than others and etc it's just so many variables growers will always need to stay on their toes for the cultivation of this plant and I think that is a good thing

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

It occurred to me that various aspects of growing have unique learning involved. I thought that as I bought my fourth tent. My first 4x4 tent was too big, so I bought a 2x4 tent that's a good size for the type of growing I'm doing. Then, I decided to get a smaller 2x2 tent for seedlings and early vegetation. I thought that would allow me to start a new grow while the previous grow was in flower. That worked okay, except the tent wasn't tall enough. I also discovered that the environment in a small tent was much more difficult to control than in a larger tent. So, today, I ordered a bigger smaller 28"x28"x63" tent. That added some floor space and more than two feet in height.

So... Some aspects of growing can probably be learned quite quickly. Others may take a lot longer.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Would like to add Ive found it infinitely harder growing in a room compared to tents. Once again though, I roll TF genetics so that helps A LOT. Get good genetics. And when u think u have good genetics, throw em away and keep looking for better 😂😜. The really good ones will make you think you've become a good grower 🙃❤️🌱

Top Bottom