How long to see if reveg is working?

• Thread starter Narsbars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Narsbars

Narsbars

That's a lot of bud and matter to re veg. I'd let a dozen leaves stay. And only the tiniest buds. I would suggest harvesting more of the buds next time. Leave the good leaves. And a few larf buds.
The ones you see are the larf buds compared to the ones I took LOL. I am more concerned with your suggestion that the buds could lead to rot. I might just try to wait until all of the pistils shrivel up, IF that is going to happen in a reveg and then remove most of them. I am keeping the humidity purposely low at under 40. Day temps 68-69F, nights down to 63/64F due to being in a basement in our local winter.

Narsbars

Narsbars

Revegging is working. Starting on 1-7-21 after harvest I went to 16/8. On Feb 12 I have gone to 18/6. I did not take any daily pictures but as a lot of people said I got a few single leaves and now they are starting to go to 3 and a few 5 leaf buds. Just for laughs, the old buds actually firmed up to hard nugs and to this time are still sticky to the touch. I have not bothered to try smoking any as I have been alternating between Green Cure and a milk mix to keep down any possible mold due to still having all those buds. How long do you think I should veg it or maybe just eyeball it and see what happens? I figure if it starts growing seriously I can just lollipop the old buds off and rely on new growth for new buds.

Reveg
jamk911

jamk911

If it were me id hunt for a seed and harvest the whole plant and restart lol..
It looks adequately budded for sure.. you could open yourself up to alot of issues if you try revegging it .. budrot being one ...itd suck to lose everything trying to add a little more...
Plus revegging and reflowering takes forrrreverrr. You are looking at the same timeframe youd be looking at if you just started from seed.

Finally. And no offence meant... but reveg is usually used to preserve a very superior plant... (save a mother for clones or regrow more of an amazing phenotype)..that plant really dont look like the best candidate according to those factors..

Narsbars

Narsbars

If it were me id hunt for a seed and harvest the whole plant and restart lol..
It looks adequately budded for sure.. you could open yourself up to alot of issues if you try revegging it .. budrot being one ...itd suck to lose everything trying to add a little more...
Plus revegging and reflowering takes forrrreverrr. You are looking at the same timeframe youd be looking at if you just started from seed.

Finally. And no offence meant... but reveg is usually used to preserve a very superior plant... (save a mother for clones or regrow more of an amazing phenotype)..that plant really dont look like the best candidate according to those factors..
Thanks, you may have missed some of the beginning. This is a superior strain grown for taste, smell, buzz, and not for esthetics, so I would like another harvest. The picture at the end is after about 5 weeks of the start of revegging and those are old buds that are actually starting to put out new leaves. I am being fanatical about disease control so no guarantees ever but it may make it. As far as the amount of time it may take that is something I want to find out and it's not in my way.

RASGANJA710

RASGANJA710

Revegging is working. Starting on 1-7-21 after harvest I went to 16/8. On Feb 12 I have gone to 18/6. I did not take any daily pictures but as a lot of people said I got a few single leaves and now they are starting to go to 3 and a few 5 leaf buds. Just for laughs, the old buds actually firmed up to hard nugs and to this time are still sticky to the touch. I have not bothered to try smoking any as I have been alternating between Green Cure and a milk mix to keep down any possible mold due to still having all those buds. How long do you think I should veg it or maybe just eyeball it and see what happens? I figure if it starts growing seriously I can just lollipop the old buds off and rely on new growth for new buds.
I would run 24 hours of light to speed up reveg it will signal that growth also a good nitrogen feeding will help reverse the flowers

Narsbars

Narsbars

I would run 24 hours of light to speed up reveg it will signal that growth also a good nitrogen feeding will help reverse the flowers
I have upped the feeding to match the vegetation stage. Since I have an Alpine Strawberry plant growing in the tent I am limited to 18/6. I refuse to give up my winter strawberries. People keep telling me I should have taken all the buds. There were no leaves not associated with a bud. I will be posting a new pic in about a week.

Narsbars

Narsbars

Just updating the reveg. Here is the same plant on March 5, 2 days short of 2 months on the veg lighting cycle and nutes. As the plant matures the old buds are becoming dry so I simply crush them and vacuum up the remains. See on the upper right, it is even putting out strawberries. I am going to give it three months and then swap back to 12/12. Just had to get an answer to the reveg question plus this is a great smelling and smoking crop of AK47.
Reveg March 5

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom