How long until I'll start to see amber trichomes if all of them are milky right now?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RR1

RR1

All of my trichomes are milky and I'm planning to harvest as soon as I see amber ones so how much longer do you think it'll be until I see one. I looked it up and from what I found, it said 2 weeks but I highly doubt that because flushing takes 2 weeks and you're supposed to start that as soon as you see milky trichomes.
Some years ago an outfit named Trichome Tech did a study on trichome color and THC levels. They studied multiple strains and found the same result across the board. They found when trichomes are milky/white/opaque that THC levels were at their highest. By the time you are seeing amber the THC levels are already degrading, and CBD levels are rapidly rising. Great if you are in pain and need something couchlocky. Not so good for that nice clean high.
Look in High Times archive for the article. Bout 8 or so years ago.
RR1

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
1 week later update!

Bluh1
Bluh2
Bluh3
Bluh4

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Almost done, I would've liked to have harvested sooner but I'm going on a short trip on the 20th and 21st so I'm harvesting as soon as I get back. I'm really happy with how it turned out (other than my literal inability to flush them) considering my limited space and low quality light .
But here are some pics:
Thcfarmer6
Thcfarmer5
Thcfarmer4
Thcfarmer3
Thcfarmer2
Thcfarmer1

grandorange

grandorange

When the bud swells and the smell says I'm ripe. Listen to your nose.
My last run of 7 plants 4 strains had no consistency two plants were 10% amber lower buds and two plants were milky through week 9 of flower one plant was 30 40% amber I pulled the plug and all curing fabulously! Follow the nose!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
My last run of 7 plants 4 strains had no consistency two plants were 10% amber lower buds and two plants were milky through week 9 of flower one plant was 30 40% amber I pulled the plug and all curing fabulously! Follow the nose!
I've been flushing for 32 days because I accidentally started early but it didn't start to show deficiencies until today and I was planning on harvesting on Saturday night. I'm also just starting to see amber and I don't really want a sedating effect so it's perfect timing.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Do you think Saturday night would be good or I should wait more time?
The top buds look done but the bottom ones still have a lot of white hairs.
Leaf yellow

I feel like now that the leaves are starting to change I should wait another few days at least.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

And i have never seen a plant truly finished in 7.5 weeks. They say that to sell seeds.

I did find one strain, over the years, that finished between 7 and 8 weeks, from seed. I was completely unimpressed by the buzz, scent and potency, but it was definitely done.

To my surprise, though, a lot of people really seem to like it (Jackberry). But the rest of that pack of seeds is still sitting in my refrigerator, 10 years later.

Note to self: clean out the seed vault.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
One of my bottom branches broke off a couple days ago cuz the stem was too weak so I dried it and it's not even close to ready, it still has that mango smell of the cbg.

grandorange

grandorange

Do you think Saturday night would be good or I should wait more time?
The top buds look done but the bottom ones still have a lot of white hairs.View attachment 1057716View attachment 1057715View attachment 1057713
View attachment 1057717
View attachment 1057712
I feel like now that the leaves are starting to change I should wait another few days at least.
Yup shit was potent you could harvest at 42 days and everyone loved it.
Geeze my lemon thai looked similar at week 7 of flower it went another 10 days and got bigger too... Lookin good man.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It's day 83 of flower today and the trichome colour has hardly changed since I started this thread over a month ago. Should I just harvest?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
you waiting for amber trichs? Not all strains go amber. And if there is no energy left the plant wont ripen more.

pics? Full plant. Flower closeup and trichomes preferably.
I'll take pics as soon as I can, probably in an hour or so. I find it impossible to take pics of the trichomes, I don't know how people do it.
I was planning on waiting for amber but I'm just tired of this grow, nothing's happening. All that's changed in the past 2 weeks is the colour of the leaves.

Top Bottom