Votes: 5 55.6%

Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • MORE or LESS than above "respond to thread if you picked this box"

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
rawman

rawman

^ simplest, spacious, and efficent..... You could pull 16 Ps out of that..... Better to have extra room for attention and wandering than standing at the entrance staring at the back.... Every spot gets the same attention, just add AC....

rawman

rawman

I did 11 long for light length so you start with a middle isle also, but pan on that filling in... Could even go 12

rawman

rawman

I'm thinking tables.... Kinda like a mini jack grow, b ut its not mine that's my idea though.... I run 8k and get mine using my space theory

rawman

rawman

Tystick I understand what your saying about light not being throwoutn perpendicular of the bulb, and do agree... I've tested the theory with a nice light meter..... Remembering that I'd say you're right pauli Id squeeze ten, and see what happens from there....

I just always start with low light because I always see so many throw as many hoods thatll fit in a room, say this room squeeze 15 in there, then pull 20 ps, but efficiently and done correctly, they could've done a 8k the right way, saved on power, and still pull 14-18 lbs with almost half the light

I dont know jack squat about lighting specs, but I know what I've tested and works.... I laugh at people telling me the 15k stories when I'm almost matching there lb output with 8

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Here's something I haven't seen addressed. If you are planning a horizontal room with hoods, how many plants are you going to run per light? Are you concerned with plant counts?

My rooms are 20 x 15 and I am set up Horizontal right now with 4 k, but I am about to upgrade to 8k and run Vertical. If you ran 15k in a 20x15 I don't see where you would be able to get into the room, not to mention your plant count would be pretty high.

P

paulycali

Here's something I haven't seen addressed. If you are planning a horizontal room with hoods, how many plants are you going to run per light? Are you concerned with plant counts?

My rooms are 20 x 15 and I am set up Horizontal right now with 4 k, but I am about to upgrade to 8k and run Vertical. If you ran 15k in a 20x15 I don't see where you would be able to get into the room, not to mention your plant count would be pretty high.

Yes i am very concerned about the plant count. 2-3 plants per light. You could hang 4 verticals in there. They would just favor the outside plants more than the ones in the center. The center of any garden seems to get the most light so 4 verticals should work just fine

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

You have to leave space to walk around in at least as wide as you are. If your a big fat guy like me you may only be able to fit a couple a lights in there. lol!

DO IT

DO IT

I have similar rooms the only difference being they are 40x15. I ran 2 rows of 10 magnums touching for a total of 20k per room. the lamps are supposed to cover 4ft each way so side by side they should cover 16ft. I hung them touching each other long ways which is the direction they dont throw light. I would run 10k in that 21x14ft room with 5T of AC so glass is not needed.

IMG 00000671
ttystikk

ttystikk

CelticEBE and DOIT both have some great options. I like using fewer watts, and losing the glass definitely helps accomplish that. The additional cooling tonnage required does not use the difference, far from it...

Top Bottom