How Many 3 Gal Autos Can I Fit Under 1 Light

• Thread starter Grow4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow4me

Grow4me

Need some advise, I'm going auto flower in 3 gallon Smartpots. I plan on vegging under t5 and flower under hps 600. I have three that are three weeks old under t5 and thinking of poping two more. How many can I fit under one hps? I'm vegging in the same room, but on a shelf. I want to grow in stages and harvest more often. I'm confused on how many and how often. If that's not too confusing please advise.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Its more how much coverage does a 600W hps give you rather than how many can you fit. Assuming you topped and pruned the plants to get more bud sites you can accommodate 4 ladies under a 600w hps wich gives you a 3×3 coverage area up to 4×4 @700 micromoles your good. At 2sq ft per plant. If you havent topped them ,do it now veg for 1 more week then flip. Clone the tops and your on your way to a perpetual harvest. Best of luck to you.

Grow4me

Grow4me

Its more how much coverage does a 600W hps give you rather than how many can you fit. Assuming you topped and pruned the plants to get more bud sites you can accommodate 4 ladies under a 600w hps wich gives you a 3×3 coverage area up to 4×4 @700 micromoles your good. At 2sq ft per plant. If you havent topped them ,do it now veg for 1 more week then flip. Clone the tops and your on your way to a perpetual harvest. Best of luck to you.
Thanks for your reply, but I didn't think you could clone autos. I also thought it was best not to top them.

Last edited:
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

You could light a 4x4 area for sure. Anything over that is gonna be hurting for light. But as far as number of plants, it depends on strains. I'm currently growing 1 Dinafem auto Og, under 1 600w. It's filled a 2x4x7 tent even with a lot of training. A plant this size I could only fit 2. But with your average auto and trimming and training you could be safe with 4. I grew for 3 years in a 4x4 tent under a 600w with 4 plants in rdwc. It would get tight sometimes but it's manageable. And no cloning autos as far as I've seen in 5 years of growing them

Grow4me

Grow4me

You could light a 4x4 area for sure. Anything over that is gonna be hurting for light. But as far as number of plants, it depends on strains. I'm currently growing 1 Dinafem auto Og, under 1 600w. It's filled a 2x4x7 tent even with a lot of training. A plant this size I could only fit 2. But with your average auto and trimming and training you could be safe with 4. I grew for 3 years in a 4x4 tent under a 600w with 4 plants in rdwc. It would get tight sometimes but it's manageable. And no cloning autos as far as I've seen in 5 years of growing them
Thanks, I'm starting with three .. they seem to be on track.

Grow4me

Grow4me

I need to get another light, but first need a room ac,it gets hot. I grow in a 5x7 closet. There's an ac vent but often that's not enough.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I need to get another light, but first need a room ac,it gets hot. I grow in a 5x7 closet. There's an ac vent but often that's not enough.
Yea it really helps to exhaust the room. And a cool tube light fixture is the best thing you can buy for the money to lower temps. They sell inline can fans to match what ever size fixture you bought for around $25. The cool tubes are $30-50, and the tubing is about a dollar a foot. Here's a pic of multiple cool tubes and a can fan but you can get the idea.

Received 1185536418137256
Received 1185536348137263
Grow4me

Grow4me

Yea it really helps to exhaust the room. And a cool tube light fixture is the best thing you can buy for the money to lower temps. They sell inline can fans to match what ever size fixture you bought for around $25. The cool tubes are $30-50, and the tubing is about a dollar a foot. Here's a pic of multiple cool tubes and a can fan but you can get the idea.
I want this! I'm working on it .... I'm a stoner too, so I'm also into repeats.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I want this! I'm working on it .... I'm a stoner too, so I'm also into repeats.
We have 2 fans on this one one pushing air across the lights then through the tube and another fan at the end of the tube blowing into big basement. We don't have to filter tho. And one fan blowing fresh air into room with another exhaust in the ceiling. Hoping it keeps us cool enough in the summer.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Thanks for your reply, but I didn't think you could clone autos. I also thought it was best not to top them.
My bad, i didn't realize they wer auto's. You cant clone them. Not really sure about the topping. The area info is good though. Look into getting some femenized seeds for the perpetual grow.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

We have 2 fans on this one one pushing air across the lights then through the tube and another fan at the end of the tube blowing into big basement. We don't have to filter tho. And one fan blowing fresh air into room with another exhaust in the ceiling. Hoping it keeps us cool enough in the summer.
Try putting a hepa filter in your intake. It'll stop any mold spores or pests from getting in your tent. Or even someghing called a dust shroom. It'll avoid headaches. PEACE

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Depends on the strain but you could grow 20 if you wanted I wouldn't go more than 9 in a 4x4.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Try putting a hepa filter in your intake. It'll stop any mold spores or pests from getting in your tent. Or even someghing called a dust shroom. It'll avoid headaches. PEACE
For sure. It's getting a filter asap. Thanks for the advise. Just have to figure a way to attach it to can fan but we'll figure it out. We are germinating seeds so it'll get done quick.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Depends on the strain but you could grow 20 if you wanted I wouldn't go more than 9 in a 4x4.
What autos are you growing where you can fit that many in a 4x4? Even with the smaller plants there's no way I could fit that many. I'm literally running out of room in my 2'x4'x7' tent with one as we speak.

Received 1186007634756801
N

Nog

Just wondering why you are growing auto's indoors?

If you grow regulars then you can flower them whenever you want by giving them 12 hours of dark a day, so you can grow them to the size you want and then flower them, but auto's will flower when they want, and they might flower when they are smaller that you would like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom