How Many 3 Gal Autos Can I Fit Under 1 Light

• Thread starter Grow4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
str8smokn

str8smokn

Like they said up top . It's all about the light foot print.
So just like MidwestJay said . 4x4 space maybe you can get Three good size plants in there. They will be mingling with each other ,but it's ok.
That's if you let them grow without training,
With training maybe two plants.
Good luck @Grow4me
STR8

Grow4me

Grow4me

Just wondering why you are growing auto's indoors?

If you grow regulars then you can flower them whenever you want by giving them 12 hours of dark a day, so you can grow them to the size you want and then flower them, but auto's will flower when they want, and they might flower when they are smaller that you would like.
I can't grow outdoors, without fear of arrest. I'm trying to shorten the time from plant to harvest. With only one grow space, I can veg and flower autos in the same space.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I need more light .... time to spend some money.
You can rock out in that space with a 600. But yea if you're really trying to fill it with tops a 1kw will cover that just fine. I know your fighting temps now. But all you would have to buy to upgrade is bulb and ballast. The fixtures are the same.

Grow4me

Grow4me

You can rock out in that space with a 600. But yea if you're really trying to fill it with tops a 1kw will cover that just fine. I know your fighting temps now. But all you would have to buy to upgrade is bulb and ballast. The fixtures are the same.
I do have a large space, I'll fill with light, cool air and buds.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

You'll get a good idea of how things will go with this run here. I wouldn't worry about adding any more light or plants. It'll give you a good feel for things And won't get outta hand.

Grow4me

Grow4me

You'll get a good idea of how things will go with this run here. I wouldn't worry about adding any more light or plants. It'll give you a good feel for things And won't get outta hand.
I can't add anything until next month, not in the budget. I have plenty of light and room for this run.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

For sure. It's getting a filter asap. Thanks for the advise. Just have to figure a way to attach it to can fan but we'll figure it out. We are germinating seeds so it'll get done quick.
For intake you dont need much cfm's, a duct booster fan or 4" vortex should suffice. The hepa goes on the suction side or even the dust shroom could go on that side, leaving th intake blower side exposed to the grow area.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

For intake you dont need much cfm's, a duct booster fan or 4" vortex should suffice. The hepa goes on the suction side or even the dust shroom could go on that side, leaving th intake blower side exposed to the grow area.
Yea it'll be a prefilter. We have some on a roll that's used for vaccum cleaners and home furnace. I'm pretty sure it's hepa too . Thanks for the info.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

What autos are you growing where you can fit that many in a 4x4? Even with the smaller plants there's no way I could fit that many. I'm literally running out of room in my 2'x4'x7' tent with one as we speak.

I'm in a 5x5 but i have 12 in there but I'm just saying if you get a strain that grows just a big middle cola. I mean they'll mingle with each other but you can thin out the can leaves and growem.it will be fine but every on has there own way of doing things. I'm just saying you could I would recommend it but it's possible.

Grow4me

Grow4me

I'm in a 5x5 but i have 12 in there but I'm just saying if you get a strain that grows just a big middle cola. I mean they'll mingle with each other but you can thin out the can leaves and growem.it will be fine but every on has there own way of doing things. I'm just saying you could I would recommend it but it's possible.
Mingling is good! I'll start off slow and see how it goes.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Wow I can't imagine trying to get that many in that size area but more power to ya man. Respect for pulling that off.

N

Nog

I think 3 gallon pots might be too big for autos, as I don't think they grow too big; maybe use smaller pots and then you will be able to fit more plants in your space.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I think 3 gallon pots might be too big for autos, as I don't think they grow too big; maybe use smaller pots and then you will be able to fit more plants in your space.
I have 0 soil experience with autos. But my autos fill about half or more of this 5gal dwc bucket

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

It's about perfect I put everything in 5 gallons besides sour diesels and critical plus.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Here's a green crack week 2 of flower before I defoiled her. 3 gallon pot

20160404 211008
N

Nog

Here's a green crack week 2 of flower before I defoiled her. 3 gallon pot

That must be an outdoor plant, as for week 2 of flower for indoor plants means 2 weeks after switching the lights to 12/12 to force flowering.

Top Bottom