How many despensaries are left anyways??

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

That sounds like a good deal, Dorje. Make sure your agreement is in writing, signed by both parties and is clear cut.

I had a real estate deal go sour as the buyers breeched the contract. I did not want to hire a liar (lawyer) so I represented myself. I was fortunate to settle out of court for the amount I wanted. I told the buyer that if I got a lawyer and had to go through the courts I would sue for 3 times as much as I wanted out of court. I had the weasel over the infamous Deliverance log and squealing like a pig and he and his shoddy pimplefaced lawyer knew it. I got my money.

putembk

putembk

My lawyer thinks this is a relatively simple case, and is sure he will recover money. He is so sure I worked out a deal where I pay only actual expenses, probably under $3k, and he gets a contingency fee, which is a percentage of what we recover. If I recover no money I owe no legal fees.

Tex, I appreciate your input on most subjects, but you are wrong here and I want to encourage more growers to step up and take action. The lawyers I talked to were all very sympathetic, and if you have a case you'll find an attonrney willing to help out on contingency as I did.

If you can get an attorney to take the case on a contingency basis you have a good chance. An attorney wouldn't take a case unless he believes he will at least get some sort of a settlement if not win the case outright. The normal is 30%.

finegoldtube

finegoldtube

17 States with Pending Legislation to Legalize Medical Marijuana
(as of Feb. 13, 2012).

sky high

sky high

I can not think of one person in this end of it that didn't get screwed, not one...pretty sad. Tex

I hate to say "I told you so"...but hey...I did. Just look back in that old "RMH" thread. I believe I said "Call someplace paradise...kiss it goodbye".....

Sad is right. The patients took it up the ass for this dispensary "game"...and the GAME is a sham? Serves the greedy fuckers right. I mean...who COULDN"T HAVE SEEN THIS COMING when you lay down and assfuck in agreement with the STATE? Well DUH.

Fucked the market...fucked the patients...fucked yerselves.

In the end, nobody won this game.....but they sure DID fuck it up but good.

So with 17 states poised to play....where will the next boom/bust be, kids?

Melizzard

Melizzard

. but also there is one more called Eagles Nest down there in Cascade. I am unsure whether that is Teller or El Paso County but I frequent there a lot to try out strains and they also have great edibles (Doc J's hash oil muffins are killer) They always have good clean clones for sale too. They always have at least 50-60 strains of buds to pick from. A good bunch of folks, IMO. (no affiliation, yada yada).

Even though I grow my own, I am not a dispensary hater. If a place has some good weed and they treat me nicely I will buy from them.

Yeah I won't go near that place. The owner is a fraud and a charlatan. Maybe they have good weed now but they damn near lost their britches when they had to start,growing their own. I used to have a friend who worked there. They screwd her but good. Back in the day, I used to make oil for them before the rules changed. So, for me, it's just a personal thing. I am glad to hear they improved the quality of their weed though.

Xxoo
Mel

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Still paridise for some of us that weathered the storm, it didn't go anywhere, its just a different game now...we actually had a bet in early '07 that the enitire commercial side had about a 3-5 year window of opprotunity before it all went away....we were dead on..

Pretty much anybody that was doin it and growin before the boom is still doin it now after the boom has fizzled, the true growers are still growin, still paridise to me, nothing really changed on that front at all..I'm still here, still growin, still lovin it, still lookin at so much opprotunity I can hardly stand it..

This entire industry is about being fluid, legal or illegal is all the same, gotta morph with the times and keep on keepin on.

Tex

I hate to say "I told you so"...but hey...I did. Just look back in that old "RMH" thread. I believe I said "Call someplace paradise...kiss it goodbye".....

Sad is right. The patients took it up the ass for this dispensary "game"...and the GAME is a sham? Serves the greedy fuckers right. I mean...who COULDN"T HAVE SEEN THIS COMING when you lay down and assfuck in agreement with the STATE? Well DUH.

Fucked the market...fucked the patients...fucked yerselves.

In the end, nobody won this game.....but they sure DID fuck it up but good.

So with 17 states poised to play....where will the next boom/bust be, kids?

K

kolah

Mel, a gal named Hilliary just recently quit from Eagles Nest. I bet that was her. Yeah some dude named Ono Lolo (or somethning like that) runs the place. I think he preaches a lot of metaphysical stuff, etc. Nothing wrong with that except when it's phoney-baloney. I bet hs real name is John Smith. I never saw the guy but it appears they hired some new guy to do the grows in the basement. Word on the street is that that little building sold for half a million.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I think a lot of dispensary owners have quit because after the government gets involved they can't get the return on investment that the wanted. After taxes, unemployment ins, employee benefits, work mans comp exc......... they simply cant make as much $$$ as they once did in the underground market. Running a legit business in the private sector is tough on a good business person let alone some inexperienced grower coming from the wild wild west.

Poor guys,welcome to the real world!I own a couple business's in the construction sector,i pay taxes,UI,work comp,business insurance,aqmd certification and the list goes on and on,if you make 1 buck they try to tax you $1.25 on it and im serious about that,yet my competition is ALOT of illegal aliens that pay nothing including personal income tax on any profit if there is one which puts them at an automatic 20-30% advantage right off the bat not even counting other expenses,how do you compete with that?Que sera sera,welcome to the real business world where if your competition doesnt take all the profit out of it the government will.
Black market vs. legit,black market will kill you everytime.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Yeah, his name is Lono ... A name he has adopted ... Not his birth name. And he is not Hawaiian either, though he claims to be a Kahuna priest. I love metaphysical stuff that's real. His is not. I had a friend who used to work there. She had arranged for a grower to come in and work with them, when dispensaries started growing their own. They nixed that and damn near went under trying to get bud worth selling. He talks smack about his clients with other clients, etc. Claims to be a healer, but when I had an acute intestinal blockage, the only thing he had to suggest was to write my daughter a letter of unconditional love. Yeah, that would solve my immediate problem. Then turn around and tell others how horrible a person I was if my own daughter didn't want to talk to me. Nice job, you fake bastard. Lol

Mel, a gal named Hilliary just recently quit from Eagles Nest. I bet that was her. Yeah some dude named Ono Lolo (or somethning like that) runs the place. I think he preaches a lot of metaphysical stuff, etc. Nothing wrong with that except when it's phoney-baloney. I bet hs real name is John Smith. I never saw the guy but it appears they hired some new guy to do the grows in the basement. Word on the street is that that little building sold for half a million.

Tripsick

Tripsick

How many Colorado Forum browsers are still here?

Looks like we are starting over.. So far i got some trophies lol

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I'm here still, kickin in the country

Tex

K

kolah

Yeah Mel, all the times I have been there I never saw this Yoko Ono Bono the phoney baloney "docturd." LOL.

Mountain Medicals is a little shop in Divide run by gal and her son. I have been visiting there on occasion. Good, clean weed but priced a bit high. I use dispensaries to try out strains and just buy a few grams of each to sample.

M

muchacho

Too many imo... $125 top shelf oz on one mmc sign banner thing... wtf??? Ridiculous, u guys gonna put ur selfs out of bizzness with all the fees, licensing, store fronts, warehouses, over head, blah blah blah... what gets me is, I get a person once a month on average asking me to help them set up an op... really??? No more money in this, used to be u'll get ur money back on the first harvest or double ur investment... not no more.. and more and more people growing for profit, what profit $125 a zip??? And most people realize its not for them, it is a full time job, or don't have a green thumb AT ALL!!! So please stop charging 5k on to ur credit card for 2 rounds cuz in the long run most of it lands up on craigslist or in ur shed... my 2¢…

eyecandi

eyecandi

i'm not a fan personally. don't like the long scrolling format (was much easier visually before). where is the CO Grown thread? that thing was up to like 20K+

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
i'm not a fan personally. don't like the long scrolling format (was much easier visually before). where is the CO Grown thread? that thing was up to like 20K+
^^ Gonna have to restart that bizzy

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Damn sure don'tlike this new format.
Heard on the news thatColo Spgs is down to 122 dispensarys. Indispensary near Palmer HS had to close because they were 90 ' to close. Because they have not yet received their business license they can not move to a new location. Only 2 shops here have received their licenses. WTF?

sky high

sky high

I'm still here as well......waiting for the next wave of change to roll across the State.

Latest posts

Top Bottom