How Many Farmers Have Found Clinics Growing Their Own Meds ?

• Thread starter Reefer Franklin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Reefer Franklin

SB420..? Why are you looking to that? Look up People vs Kelley (California 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, IIRC).

That's 58 pages long Sea. Can you summarize it in 20 words or less ?

The Reef

R

Reefer Franklin

Or perhaps I can......

From Ballotpedia:

People v. Kelly was decided on January 21, 2010 by the California Supreme Court. The decision invalidated a law passed in 2003 by the California State Legislature on the grounds that the law imposed stricter standards on medical marijuana than is allowed under Proposition 215. Under the ruling, the state government is no longer allowed to impose any legal limits on the amount of marijuana that medical marijuana users can grow or possess.

The 2003 law limited medical marijuana users to 8 ounces of dried marijuana and six mature or 12 immature marijuana plants.

The basis for the court's ruling in People v. Kelly is that the 2003 legislation amounted to an amendment to Proposition 215, and that the California Constitution prohibits legislative tampering with ballot initiatives approved by voters.

The Reef

G

greenstreet

I ask because I recently took some samples to 10 clinics in Sacramento and was told by two of them that they didn't accept vendors because they grew their own. One had a 6,000 sq ft grow on premises !!!!!!

The Reef

down here in long beach theres actually a law that all bud sold in a collective has to be either grown there or at a designated grow site. no outside bud is allowed

B

BayAreasFinest

Some of you guys seem to think its way easier to open and maintain a co-op. Co-ops need to have ~8-15 lbs on hand each week, with different strains. You know how hard it is for a co-op to produce that much cannabis with variety in house, its nearly impossible for a co-op to grow all their own meds. Every Club in Cali has vendors (idk bout CO or anywhere else, only have experience in cali), if they tell you otherwise they are flat out lying to you. They may already have their vendors and not need NEW vendors, but all clubs have vendors.

Growers can still get top dollar for their meds, I know people still selling to clubs in SD, getting 3400-3800 an lb for top shelf. OD is OD who cares, its cheap and should be grown to make hash IMO. The market is far from flooded of top shelf meds. Ive yet to find reasonable priced hash or weed in San Diego except from fellow growers, and what i mean is weed, that i think is worth the price...

As and accountant in training, i see it this way, Clubs have to appear non profit... Its the law. A Non-Profit organization is defined as an organization that does not distribute its surplus funds to owners or shareholders, but instead uses them to help pursue its goals... Their books are checked with a fine tooth comb, cuz the government want any excuse to shut em down, That is why clubs are buying meds from vendors, its adding to the non-profit illusion.

By buying meds from members of the collective they are not distributing their surplus funds to owners, they are distributing it to the members of the collective that donate meds to the co-op, hence keeping their non-profit status and staying open. Price is based on the seller not the buyer. The Seller has the upper hand when in the back room talking price. Know what your talking about and be educated, if they dont have a strain on their menu for under 40 dollar an eighth you shouldnt take less 3200, and thats if your meds will be sold at $40/eighth, if your meds are on par with what they are selling for 50 an eighth then i wouldnt take under 3500ish and thats on the low side, id want more like 3700-3800. That gives them room for ~40% profit at least (for a non-profit business). If they arent interested in that, then you tell them, that you dont want to be associated with a collective that treats their members with such little respect, 40% markup as a nonprofit company is disgraceful and ridiculous. And you want yourself taken off their patient list immediately, and on to the next one.

The medical market will never be flooded with great meds when there are so many people that grow mediocre meds... Do something to set yourself apart and you will be rewarded.

A

amstercal

down here in long beach theres actually a law that all bud sold in a collective has to be either grown there or at a designated grow site. no outside bud is allowed

Greenstreet: I was wondering how that was playing out. I don't know anyone who used to vend up there. Are they still in reality using vendors? Must not be taking new ones though, huh? That's especially silly when you consider some of the chains that have locations in LB. I'd be interested to hear any info you have on that.

I've heard from lots of people in the last few weeks that some dispensary owners are offering them below 3k for top shelf and justifying by saying they buy their indoor og for 2800 (if you're not from socal, it's og obsession here and og is usually top price fetcher if grown right). It's probably even true, because after they told 10 vendors that, one was gullible enough to believe it and gave it away.

G

greenstreet

Greenstreet: I was wondering how that was playing out. I don't know anyone who used to vend up there. Are they still in reality using vendors? Must not be taking new ones though, huh? That's especially silly when you consider some of the chains that have locations in LB. I'd be interested to hear any info you have on that.

I've heard from lots of people in the last few weeks that some dispensary owners are offering them below 3k for top shelf and justifying by saying they buy their indoor og for 2800 (if you're not from socal, it's og obsession here and og is usually top price fetcher if grown right). It's probably even true, because after they told 10 vendors that, one was gullible enough to believe it and gave it away.

oh yeah... theyre definitely all still using vendors. all the ones i go to at least. but yeah i dont think theyd risk too many new ones. the law is pretty pointless though imo. i mean how would they regulate that? and about the og, i dont believe theres an honest dispensary out there. their all in it for the money and try and get the lowest prices. most of em dont show too much love for the growers that risk getting locked up and provide what they sell and profit on. just my opinion.

eyecandi

eyecandi

Every Club in Cali has vendors (idk bout CO or anywhere else, only have experience in cali)

CO disp. have to follow a 70/30 rule - produce 70% inhouse, only 30% can come from external. but for us, the external cannot be from a patient/caregiver/collective. it can only come from other licensed grow ops. so here, the caregiver is getting shafted.

Z

Z-ro

at 28 for og it must be super shitty or they just think you are a desperate chump that will take anything. i still get 36 in norcal all day.

Z

Z-ro

the market is flooded, but mostly with junk pulled at 6 wks. people will still pay for the highest quality, i moved my outdoor og for 32 so i know the market is still there, you just cant be offering 60 day sour d like most or you're gonna get low balled to no end. majority of ogs around are imposters, when you still have the real real dank, people still pay what you ask when its grown to potential in my experience. i can get you all the sours you want at 25 but they aren't gonna be anything like the ones i grow.

G

greenstreet

the market is flooded, but mostly with junk pulled at 6 wks. people will still pay for the highest quality, i moved my outdoor og for 32 so i know the market is still there, you just cant be offering 60 day sour d like most or you're gonna get low balled to no end. majority of ogs around are imposters, when you still have the real real dank, people still pay what you ask when its grown to potential in my experience. i can get you all the sours you want at 25 but they aren't gonna be anything like the ones i grow.

i feel you on that one buddy

R

Reefer Franklin

Yes Z-ro you are right.

Just finished a crop one week late - of what I thought was the White, but with the help of the farm I'm just not sure that it is.

Subtle watermelon with citrus. Great heady and speedy high with no trace of anxiety. And I am always very anxious. This is just the way I like it. This is the stuff that if Tolstoy had smoked could have written War and Peace in half the time with twice the comedy.

Do you think clinics are taste testing meds for their beneficial effects on each patient that exhibits certain symptoms ? Or do they just test it for high and lack of 70's paranoia characteristics

OK I'm having to go back and correct spelling mistakes - a clear case that I am stoned.

The Reef

M

MTgrower

Here in Missoula County, MT you have to grow your own meds. "Caregiver" to "Caregiver" transactions are prohibited.

Latest posts

Top Bottom