How Many Farmers Trim Their Bud Wet.........

• Thread starter Reefer Franklin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

How Many Farmers Trim Their Bud Wet or Dry ?

• Wet

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Dry

Votes: 24 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Reefer Franklin

And Why ?

Please feel free to give your reasons for your choice.

The Reef

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

It was my first time and I think I'll continue using the method, turned out well for me.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

I've always liked the end result a little better when its trimmed dry. Slight, but noticeable. I've heard the theory that you damage the crystals less with wet trim but it just didn't look/smell as dank. Something to do with screen drying or the way scissors hit wet herb. Same as my trim machine. It would probably only matter with topshelf anyways.

M

mrdizzle

I dont do it but dry trim outshines the rest. if you let it die on the vine it really makes the buds pop

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

I do a slight prep trim of the largest of fans, anything without trichs, and dry with the rest on...trim once dry about a week later, then let the buds dry another week.

there is night and day difference between this method and just trimming everything and hanging the trimmed nugs to dry

T

TheRealBoss

I would never trim wet...ever...done it both ways and don't really know why I ever did. Cut it ( remove big fan leaves), hang it, dry it - long and slow - bin it up, sweat it out, trim and sweat some more, open, close, open, close. It takes weeks but so worth it. The flavor and aroma can not be beat IMHO.

S

SourBubba

I have read all the top farmers say to just cut the plant at the base and hang it as is for 10-14 days, THEN trim, then go to jars and sweat. The key is a slow dry, and when all the leaves are on the plant there is more moisture which means a longer dry time (this is why you can let it hang for 10-14 days). I have read a lot of senior farmers say this is the key to getting a killer smell on your final product. Hope this helps. SB

P

primeform

im glad you guys all have time to sit on your herb and cure it for weeks. definitely a better product but practical for very few people. commercial growers usually wet trim and hang up on clothes hangers in a closed space with dehumidifiers for 5 days. debone and throw in bags. cure by the sweat methods in the bag for the few days before it is gone. If you are holding onto product longer then this your taking unnecessary risk. Let the next guy in line cure it if they want to imo.

St3ve

St3ve

I've done it both ways and for me its MUCH MUCH faster to trim it wet. I leave it hanging on as long of branches as is comfortable.

Then I control the humidity to keep it at 50% and keep the room around 60f. I dry in about 8 days and then put it in containers that I burp twice a day for another week. However if I need to get rid of some then I will, just tell them that it needs to breathe at least once a day for the week.

IMO I think the smoke just gets better with age. A month later it tastes better whichever method.

D

Donk Frog

Head stash --- dry trimmed
anything heading out the door- wet trim

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
im glad you guys all have time to sit on your herb and cure it for weeks. definitely a better product but practical for very few people. commercial growers usually wet trim and hang up on clothes hangers in a closed space with dehumidifiers for 5 days. debone and throw in bags. cure by the sweat methods in the bag for the few days before it is gone. If you are holding onto product longer then this your taking unnecessary risk. Let the next guy in line cure it if they want to imo.
'Ceptin' maybe those who are doing things by themselves. It simply isn't possible for me to get the girls trimmed up while they're all still wet, just isn't physically possible because I am a corporeal being and thusly, locked into linear time. So, whole girl gets chopped and strung up by her ankles, with all fans left on, then they're deboned and trimmed as I can do it. I have the luxury, also, of being able to afford to do my own curing.

Ain't saying anything more about it except that jars are for closet growers. Oh, what?

:harvest:

PA250050
I

ibTheMan

always trim at least all the bigger leafs off wet. i use a trimpro rotor so gots to be done wet plus its does a great job and really fast.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

no mention of the word chlorophyll yet?
was told it was immediatly sucked into the bud when trimmed wet, extending the curing time before the "green" taste goes away
ive always trimmed dry so i have no first hand expirence with this tho

Venom818

Venom818

'Ceptin' maybe those who are doing things by themselves. It simply isn't possible for me to get the girls trimmed up while they're all still wet, just isn't physically possible because I am a corporeal being and thusly, locked into linear time. So, whole girl gets chopped and strung up by her ankles, with all fans left on, then they're deboned and trimmed as I can do it. I have the luxury, also, of being able to afford to do my own curing.

Ain't saying anything more about it except that jars are for closet growers. Oh, what?

what do you mean jars are for closet growers ?

Venom818

Venom818

I trim the bud wet,to be honest haven't noticed a difference other than its a bitch to trim dry bud

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter

Yo Sea, I say this with all do respect cuz i got mad respect fir u; with that being said, r u hang drying in what looks like underur floor boards, (nice cool dank place ) but has dirt on the floor and insulation(fiberglass floating all around in there) lined celing and walls. I use to do insulation for a job( i was 19 and they paid me 25$per hr and i wouldnt do it fir 6x the amt today). Fiberglass batts is some nasty shit that gets everywhere including ur pours, lungs and other places. I mean u have to take special showers to get that stuff off u. Im sure the fiberglass will stick to curing buds only to be inhaled later, no bueno!. I cant tell in the batts on the celing of that room r paper lined or its the raw pink FG, but please do ur self a favor and have ur hubby wrapp that insulation with house wrap, 50/50 plastic or whatever will keep that stuff from comtaninating ur budz. jus MVHO. Respect,

Confu...
btw, FG ripps the lung walls when inhalled and allows for a more of the "esentials" to be intaken, kinda like those brown lil ciggretts ppl used to smoke b4 they became band in the states. You get more bang for ur buck but at the cost of scar tissue in ur lungs, can someone say CANCER>>>

Ohh and I harvest Xactly like u 2 :harvest:

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
no mention of the word chlorophyll yet?
was told it was immediatly sucked into the bud when trimmed wet, extending the curing time before the "green" taste goes away
ive always trimmed dry so i have no first hand expirence with this tho

Where did u read or hear that? Not sure if its true or not, but its jus makes sence 2 me...
Confu...

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

told by a dude that is just known around the I.E. as chief
old timer that has made mary jane his life for the last 40 years
pretty much what he says is god lol

M

messsa

sounds like dry is the way to go, but ive tried it .. only once to find out it takes so much longer ! one man doing that many plants is hard enough why make it that much longer and more difficult .

unless of course someone can say for a fact youy walk out with better bud??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Confu, I was worried about that, too, but have had zero problems with the batting coming apart. I was gonna put visqueen up onto the joists, but was told it's not necessary. Haven't found anything in the buds (except for when the cat got himself locked into the basement and then I found his ass hair on the top buds that were closest to the ground. Fucking cat).
what do you mean jars are for closet growers ?
Oh, let me clarify.

If you can afford to jar all your weed, you're either (in my opinion) wasting a lot of money on jars or not having to use very many jars. You also have loads of time to just stand around burping jars. That's assuming you're having to store tens of pounds, though.

Basically, I prefer efficiency, and jars ain't it. I learned the hard way how certain aspects of growing, drying, curing, and storing change when the volume changes. I had been warned, but hadn't quite appreciated it fully til I got my first big harvest and I stood there looking at several dozen jars and said, "Oh, fuck this shit."

Went to paper bags, plastic bins and vacuum sealing and haven't looked back.

:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom