How many lights in non med state?

• Thread starter Z-ro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Z-ro

I live in Cali now but a friend back home asked me how many lights I think he could run and be safe. I said 4 or maybe 8 if he had help from someone experienced. He's obviously mostly worried about the power co and has a pretty private location and he knows I used to run some small grows there when I lived there. I said if he payed the bill and kept it clean he should be ok since he's a fairly on point type person. What do you guys think.

Billyboat

Billyboat

When I grew on the east coast we ran 10 lights on a flip, 20 total and never had an issue. 1500 a month power bill and we paid it every month.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

My buddy in texas runs 20 light but I think if you dont want to risk anything the rule of thumb is 4kw for a 3 bedroom house. BUT if the house has extras like a heated pool or something that can draw a ton of electricity, run the room and domt use whatever it is.

Z

Z-ro

Yea I think flipping 8 is a great idea, thanks for your responses.

DO IT

DO IT

That's what run power box's with their flip box's. I will be testing their ballast also in the next few months.

reloader

reloader

I don't use a flip, but here is my box with (2) 600's and (2) 1000's and only using 20 amps. All the ballast are using 240v which runs a little cooler.
Qqq

DO IT

DO IT

For off the shelf quality and plug-n-play, power box is the way to go.

slumdog80

slumdog80

I think it would be worth the effort to buy a broke down jacuzzi and or one of those 1200$ endless pools,
have them visible from the road. An abnormal elec. bill alone is not enough for a warrant but could get
him police attention. If they drive by and see those, they might not think anything.

C

crocodile og

I think it would be worth the effort to buy a broke down jacuzzi and or one of those 1200$ endless pools,
have them visible from the road. An abnormal elec. bill alone is not enough for a warrant but could get
him police attention. If they drive by and see those, they might not think anything.

Bro I don't mean to be hostile but the Po Po dont have the time, the inclination or the right to access your power records in the first place. After a tip or snitch sure. Then your fucked anyway.

It's all computerized these days. One of my family is a meter reader. He inputs the reading into a little palm pilot kinda thing then uploads to the main system and software calculates the account. Machines stuff the envelope.

He reads hundreds if not thousands of dials a week. He aint got the time to pay too much attention.

He did say that they do get briefed on grow houses and meter tampering/theft in their training though.

Dont steal power or overload your panel and pay the bill on time.

Ironically the only human to handle your actual bill is the postman when he is putting it through the mail slot.

slumdog80

slumdog80

I agree mostly with what you are saying but...

I could also link about ten stories where the initial investigation was launched from abnormal power use.
I could link several more stories where they actually raided those houses. One was a house in Nev. where
the occupants were running a non licensed neighborhood laundromat out of the house. LEO suspected
a grow.The other was a guy somewhere around Cleveland who had 100+ computer modems running
24/7. LEO watched his house for weeks and suspected a grow.

We know they still sit outside of grow stores and I imagine they still try to get info from electric companies.
Some power companies play ball and some make them get subpoenas. If you are doing things in a non med
state I would always try to minimize as much risk as possible.

I read about every bust in the country on this site globalincidentmap once a week for some reason.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I've seen as much as 18k at once going in Midwest but all the homies rocked 9, the power of the cube with no problems. Literally 3-500$ power bills. Just got hit with a 2000$ bill a couple days ago in LA.. Get an electrician and wire up 220v

reloader

reloader

I agree mostly with what you are saying but...

I could also link about ten stories where the initial investigation was launched from abnormal power use.
I could link several more stories where they actually raided those houses. One was a house in Nev. where
the occupants were running a non licensed neighborhood laundromat out of the house. LEO suspected
a grow.The other was a guy somewhere around Cleveland who had 100+ computer modems running
24/7. LEO watched his house for weeks and suspected a grow.

We know they still sit outside of grow stores and I imagine they still try to get info from electric companies.
Some power companies play ball and some make them get subpoenas. If you are doing things in a non med
state I would always try to minimize as much risk as possible.

I read about every bust in the country on this site globalincidentmap once a week for some reason.

Well you can never be 100% sure. That's what I am trying to say about the Pwrbox. I run 3,200w and only use 20.75 amps and my bill for a 4 bd house and with electric sauna which is used every night, is about $250 month. The box saves power, also run your ballast on 240v for only 1/2 the amperage and less power.

C

crocodile og

An unlicensed laundromat? Holy shit!!!

I wonder what the look on the cops faces was when they kicked in the door?

Dont get me wrong. The meter readers are encouraged to snitch if they think its a grow.

C

crocodile og

Well you can never be 100% sure. That's what I am trying to say about the Pwrbox. I run 3,200w and only use 20.75 amps and my bill for a 4 bd house and with electric sauna which is used every night, is about $250 month. The box saves power, also run your ballast on 240v for only 1/2 the amperage and less power.

$250 A month is a wet dream to me. I think I pay the same as Cali rates.

reloader

reloader

$250 A month is a wet dream to me. I think I pay the same as Cali rates.
I am not really worried about the bill, what I would be more concerned about is the pattern of your electric use. Surly it would not be hard to see big increases and drops in power in 12 hour intervals, which would be a dead give away of exactly what your doing in there.

Top Bottom