How Many Medical Dispensaries Sell Keifed Weed?

• Thread starter Growin Grass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

How many dispensaries strip their weed or knowingly buy it that way?

• None, all of their weed just sucks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A few, you just live in the wrong part of town.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Half, isn't everything half good half bad?

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Most, they don't care, "pretendacine"

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Screw medical, LONG LIVE THE BLACK MARKET

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
starr

starr

Ok then can I come tumble your buds for three minutes. And make sure to cut all stems out for better surface area lol

Ok. You awnsered nothing......how can kiefing the outside of a bud equate too a 50% potency drop...im honestly curious

sensicloud

sensicloud

Ok. You awnsered nothing......how can kiefing the outside of a bud equate too a 50% potency drop...im honestly curious
Because it's stripping the flower of its psychoactive and medical properties. Every flower and tumble is different so exact 50% etc is not what I'm saying, but it is unarguable that it drops the potency and effect. If I take the pepperonis off your pizza is it still a pepperoni pizza? No. Also are you associated with a certain shop? Seems like it

starr

starr

Ok. And yes i do sell too shops its how i know first hand how muddled the canna gets from plant too disp. customer. There is a very clear misunderstanding on procedure here. Massive exageration on the potency degridation. I can 110% garuntee that if i took a kiefed flower and non kiefed flower grinded them up and put them side by side you would absolutely not be able to tell any difference whatsoever.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok then can I come tumble your buds for three minutes. And make sure to cut all stems out for better surface area lol
Seriously. I've been using the TrimPal and smoking what's been trimmed through it. The potency is not gone, not by a long shot.
Top shelf should be hand trim with love and care, machine trim should be avg and below. It's like taking your car to the car wash and running it through the machine compared to hand washing your car. The machine can't see what it missed or took off. Just my 2 cents.
Indeed. But shops will still lowball for that "top shelf" no matter what, and I actually prefer running my car through the carwash instead of doing it by hand for many of the exact same reasons I'm buying my own TrimPal ASAP. Because I cannot and will not spend my life trimming, which takes far more time than the actual growing. And then there's the pain associated with it. I can't be the only grower here who's medical for a reason, can I?

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Seriously. I've been using the TrimPal and smoking what's been trimmed through it. The potency is not gone, not by a long shot.

Indeed. But shops will still lowball for that "top shelf" no matter what, and I actually prefer running my car through the carwash instead of doing it by hand for many of the exact same reasons I'm buying my own TrimPal ASAP. Because I cannot and will not spend my life trimming, which takes far more time than the actual growing. And then there's the pain associated with it. I can't be the only grower here who's medical for a reason, can I?
Maybe u have to much plants if u have to spend the rest of your life trimming lol and I do agree if you can't trim due to pain then you do what you gotta do. But still hand trim has more quality. I don't put my car through the car wash because I don't want scratches. Some people are blind to the finish product in not.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
How could half the potency be lost.....im very very verrrrrrry familiar with tumblers and trimmers....how woukd half the potency be lost....zero fact too that.
Haha. It's easy math.

Put the dried bud in a tumbler. Turn on the tumbler for 3 minutes. Watch as half or more of the trichome heads are separated from the flower.

Now how is that NOT half the potency?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Ok. And yes i do sell too shops its how i know first hand how muddled the canna gets from plant too disp. customer. There is a very clear misunderstanding on procedure here. Massive exageration on the potency degridation. I can 110% garuntee that if i took a kiefed flower and non kiefed flower grinded them up and put them side by side you would absolutely not be able to tell any difference whatsoever.
You can't fool a connisuer.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Pepsi challenge ill put my trimpro bud up against anything. Ill be at the cup. Will gladly share and see how much weaker my flowers are.
Your talking about a trimmer.
I don't doubt your trimpro bud is top notch. Love to sesh on some.
I'm not talking about using a trimmer on fresh flowers to trim.
I'm talking about dispensary shop owners, or venders using kief tumblers on dried flowers to extract the trichome heads then selling the flowers to unknowing patients.
The shops in south LA are full of this medicine.

starr

starr

Your talking about a trimmer.
I don't doubt your trimpro bud is top notch. Love to sesh on some.
I'm not talking about using a trimmer on fresh flowers to trim.
I'm talking about dispensary shop owners, or venders using kief tumblers on dried flowers to extract the trichome heads then selling the flowers to unknowing patients.
The shops in south LA are full of this medicine.

Oh gotcha thats pretty shitty. In my neck of the woods there is none of that. There is such an abundance of truly epic cannabis all around town anything mediocre is sold for pennies or rots.

I wish I could be there lol have fun at the cup yall smoke one for me! My b-day week ;)

Ill smoke two for ya bro lol. I hope you have a great bday.

waayne

waayne

Pepsi challenge ill put my trimpro bud up against anything. Ill be at the cup. Will gladly share and see how much weaker my flowers are.
@starr I would tend to agree on the potency part of your post ,I used TrimPro's and Twister's a couple of years ago,We did side by side comparisons with hand trimmed nugs and no one could tell any difference on potency,though everyone could tell their was definitely reduced aroma and flavor on the machine trim flowers.....especially after a nice long cure
So we're back to hand trimming here,since that's what produces the highest quality product for us,and yes we have professional trimmers who do excellent, quality work.....poor hand trimming is not any better than a machine,but professionally hand trimmed, manicured nugs always provides the loudest, tastiest product for us....

starr

starr

@starr I would tend to agree on the potency part of your post ,I used TrimPro's and Twister's a couple of years ago,We did side by side comparisons with hand trimmed nugs and no one could tell any difference on potency,though everyone could tell their was definitely reduced aroma and flavor on the machine trim flowers.....especially after a nice long cure
So we're back to hand trimming here,since that's what produces the highest quality product for us,and yes we have professional trimmers who do excellent, quality work.....poor hand trimming is not any better than a machine,but professionally hand trimmed, manicured nugs always provides the loudest, tastiest product for us....

100% true cant match the funk of a nice hand trimmed bud. I have issues with right hand so a trimpro is the only way i can get through all I produce.

I too was talking about a kief tumbler box lmao not a trimpal lol

I know you were talking about sifting i just figure tumbler or trimmer the buds get tossed around.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

While I KNOW for a fact that some clubs in LA do this, I also know that years ago people used to mix in butane blasted weed into what got sold to clubs.

Effendi

Effendi

Weaker is not the issue, properly grown material is properly grown material. I have also tried a number of different type of automatic trimmers over the years, using such a machine does not change the potency levels, it simply knocks of trichomes in the process, this is not speculation it's fact.

I'm sure that no one could tell the difference in a joint rolled from your material that was machine trimmed verses something hand trimmed. The real difference (Which you must admit) is the resulting thick clumps of resin balls found on such machines that should really still be on the flower.

Having said that, I can understand why someone with 20 lbs (or 200 lbs) to trim would put it through a machine, hand trimming does not increase it's value at all and a machine is much quicker and costs much less to process. It takes the average trimmer 5-7 hours to hand trim a pound and the going rate is about $200/pound.

In regards to your pepsi challenge, sounds like you're trying to convince yourself, the rest of us already know the score. If you can honestly say that you don't care if the materials YOU keep to smoke yourself came off a machine as opposed to a hand trim then you're in for the win and I'll shut my mouth and mind my own business.

starr

starr

Weaker is not the issue, properly grown material is properly grown material. I have also tried a number of different type of automatic trimmers over the years, using such a machine does not change the potency levels, it simply knocks of trichomes in the process, this is not speculation it's fact.

I'm sure that no one could tell the difference in a joint rolled from your material that was machine trimmed verses something hand trimmed. The real difference (Which you must admit) is the resulting thick clumps of resin balls found on such machines that should really still be on the flower.

Having said that, I can understand why someone with 20 lbs (or 200 lbs) to trim would put it through a machine, hand trimming does not increase it's value at all and a machine is much quicker and costs much less to process. It takes the average trimmer 5-7 hours to hand trim a pound and the going rate is about $200/pound.

In regards to your pepsi challenge, sounds like you're trying to convince yourself, the rest of us already know the score. If you can honestly say that you don't care if the materials YOU keep to smoke yourself came off a machine as opposed to a hand trim then you're in for the win and I'll shut my mouth and mind my own business.

Well in regards too the pepsi challenge you kinda missed what that was a response too.....the statement that %50 of the potency was lost from kiefing not that im trying too boast. 20+ years growing and selling successfully is all the convincing i need. And i totally agree no question a hand trimmed bud looks and smells better but not once in this thread did i state different. All ive said is the potency is not effected enough to be discernable.

Effendi

Effendi

Correct, I did miss the original, my bad. And I 100% agree with you then, there is no discernible difference in potency, how could there be?
Potency is not measured in volume.
I would say that some percentage of resin/trichome is missing (left on the machine) but not any potency.
It's like saying that if you scrambled an egg and ate half of it, then the half of the remaining egg is half as strong.
Not the case, it's still what it is...an egg, there just may be less of it but it's still 100% egg material.

Carry on.:)

420circuit

420circuit

So if the $89 ounces at the shop are cheap because they got kiefed, they are still good? I have a set of screens and when I get a superb tasting harvest, screen some kief to add to joints and bowls. The buds get used for oil after screening. I was surprised by the howls from people saying the shops that sell cheap buds only have garbage. Sounds like maybe a visit to find out is in order. Oh, adding the kief definitely improves potency to a bong hit, excuse me while I verify that fact.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom