How Many Plants For This Grow Setup

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Right. I only use half that now but i see stress at about 18” from the glass.

Now if we are pushing for yield i got room but for the most canabanoids i like them to stay cool and comfortable.

Fair point. Climate and plant comfort/avoiding stress is everything. I'll admit I'm not a fan of horizontal HID lighting for this reason. The bulbs do cast a serious hotspot from the side. I've had much, much better grows since downgrading to those cheap ass parabolic vertical shades that I paid $20 each used for lol. The plants get almost all reflected light so its nearly impossible to get light burn from them, and it just suits my semi stadium setup better. Casts light out to the side plants.
I keep my lamps about 24" away from the top growth when turned up to 1000.

Nugg

Nugg

But how many do I know for this setup?
If I got 4 600w, you think 2 plants(6gallon pot) per light would work well?
We all grow different..you will have to learn then decide what fits for you best....if I had your stuff...I would only have 4 plants,1 light per plant...@60 day veg...them things will be huge, especially using a MH or hps,they stretch a plant like crazy.. personal I'd throw them lights in the trash and stack led.to stop the stretching..doesnt matter how much light you have if it's the wrong light.

gwheels

gwheels

It is a tough question because you can do it with many plants and less veg or fewer plants and a longer veg.

I had 4 in a 4 x 4 in autopots but they would have worked in 3 or 5 gallon pots with coco too. But i also filled that 4 x 4 with 3 plants and got the same yield with 10 extra days of veg.

You could sog 32 to 40 plants in that space too in small pots and flip in 2 weeks.

4 plants flip in 8 weeks or whatever it takes etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom