How many plants under 1000 Watt HPS

• Thread starter asil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

asil

What is the best number of plants to grow under a 1000 watt HPS light? Also what size pots to use for said number of plants? i was thinking 5 Gallon buckets?

ANY input is apreciated. Thanks!:smiley_joint:

E

Easyrasta

Depends on the medium and the size u like.
Five gallon buckets of soil will make some big plants, maybe about 9 plants.
One gallon coco, 16- 28.
or you could grow, 1 really big bush.
peace
Ez

sour power

sour power

anywhere from 4 to 100.its your choice,you can do a sog or you can grow trees.many varibles what do you want to do?

A

asil

Forgot to mention.....

Forgot to mention it will be soil. As for what I wanna do, just grow as much as I can without overcrowding the plants too much. :)

P

Papa_kush

Right now im doing 22 in a 6x8 in g gal pots soil. Its going to get crowded but its going to be worth it in the end. It really depends on your size constraints, what strains you're growing, spacing/positioning, etc. I'd say always do as many as you can fit though, whatever size pot you go with.

how big is your space?

A

asil

Space available is about 12 by 12 but the light wont cover much of that, I wouldn't think. I may get a tent or just set up something around plants to attach some mylar to. havent really decided that yet as It's pretty much in the planning stage so far but i have plenty of space.

P

Papa_kush

I dunno my 1000w HPS fills the room with tons of light, especially when raised up all the way. You could just dedicate some roomspace for workspace though, and position your light accordingly. or you could do another 400w halide or something and get a nice rotation going on your plants...once of the nice things about using pots..

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

I got a 1000w light and I use a light mover in a 10 x10 room. It covers twice as much. Got 10 plants in 3 gallon containers and thinking I need more light.

S

SkyHi

I got a 1000w light and I use a light mover in a 10 x10 room. It covers twice as much. Got 10 plants in 3 gallon containers and thinking I need more light.

I have always gone by the rule of thumb:

1000w covers 5x5 area
600w 4x4
400w 3x3

i always keep my light as close to tops as possible.

The amount of plants depends on strain, veg time, medium etc etc.

Personally i would do 8-10 plants in 5gal. buckets with 1-2 weeks veg from clone. and adjust in your next grow if its the same variables and strain.

B

been

1!.... no, nono....100! Oops, I mean 4! Yeah, 9 is a good choice. Of course there's always 81. I know a lot of people have luck with 20, but if you have your heart set on 5 gallon containers I'd definitely go with 12 or 16... maybe even 4. Did i mention 25 already? 30 is good depending on your reflector, but hell... if you're going to do 30... might as well step up to 36.

S

SkyHi

1!.... No, nono....100! Oops, i mean 4! Yeah, 9 is a good choice. Of course there's always 81. I know a lot of people have luck with 20, but if you have your heart set on 5 gallon containers i'd definitely go with 12 or 16... Maybe even 4. Did i mention 25 already? 30 is good depending on your reflector, but hell... If you're going to do 30... Might as well step up to 36.

lmao !!!!

B

bdawgburner

Your a funny dude been.

I have my 1000 in a dr120 with 9 plants in soil atm. Its PLENTY of light in that area. Veg to 24 inches and the stretch is easy to manage. Although I dont run any sativas.

B

BBGreen

would a 1000 watt light be too much in a 4x4x6'7'' gorilla lite tent for 8 plants in a four banger bubble boy DWC?
please let me know thank you

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

would a 1000 watt light be too much in a 4x4x6'7'' gorilla lite tent for 8 plants in a four banger bubble boy DWC?
please let me know thank you
I wouldn't think so, I currently have a 1k light under 12 ladies in a 5x5x7 tent plenty of coverage you may wanna scrog it though to give you more room to grow up

B

BBGreen

I wouldn't think so, I currently have a 1k light under 12 ladies in a 5x5x7 tent plenty of coverage you may wanna scrog it though to give you more room to grow up
ok just asking before I start the process and oh yea another thing do you know anything about edibles as far as how many suckers could I make from an oz of medical with green dragon tincture oil?

C

ChuiSoto

I have a 11' by 12' room with 14 plants in it how much light do I need to get at least 4 to 5 ounces from each plant right now I have 2 400 watt MH

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

I have a 11' by 12' room with 14 plants in it how much light do I need to get at least 4 to 5 ounces from each plant right now I have 2 400 watt MH
OK I'm not sure how much light you will need but you will need more than me. I have 9 plants in a 5x5x6.5 room with 1k light and the most I have pulled has been 24 ounces. So maybe 2 1000 watts should do you

Freshone

Freshone

I have 4000+ watts in a room that size,all depends on your lights footprint and how many plants your willing to put in there.I prefer 4-6 plants per 1k myself.
A 1000 lights a 4x4,MAYBE a 5x5 after that you will get diminishing returns.

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

I have 4000+ watts in a room that size,all depends on your lights footprint and how many plants your willing to put in there.I prefer 4-6 plants per 1k myself.
A 1000 lights a 4x4,MAYBE a 5x5 after that you will get diminishing returns.
4x4 is better I think! In my 5x5 some of the edge flowers get less light

Top Bottom