How many tops should a well trained plant have?

• Thread starter wobbleysausage
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

Just wondering. Myself I don't go for as many colas as I could because it seems like you lose mass on the main colas. In my profile pic you see what I typically do but needs more defoliation and I have been lolipopping as of late but I got busy and didn't have time to take anything off so here we are. Id say thats probably 20, 25 or so tops. Like the very tops that will come out as the hardest, densest nuggies that won't require a ton of trimming. I main line as well I think that helps. I've also seen people trim everything except the very tops and get some nice looking plants. But they only have like 6 or 7 colas but with huge stacked buds. Thats what I want to get to eventually.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Just wondering. Myself I don't go for as many colas as I could because it seems like you lose mass on the main colas. In my profile pic you see what I typically do but needs more defoliation and I have been lolipopping as of late but I got busy and didn't have time to take anything off so here we are. Id say thats probably 20, 25 or so tops. Like the very tops that will come out as the hardest, densest nuggies that won't require a ton of trimming. I main line as well I think that helps. I've also seen people trim everything except the very tops and get some nice looking plants. But they only have like 6 or 7 colas but with huge stacked buds. Thats what I want to get to eventually.
Depends on the plant but 8 or better 16, if she's a fast grower.

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

It's a matter of preference, training style, and plant count. I keep my plants low and wide, and aim for a top in each 6 inch square in my trellis.
That's how I've been growing minus the trellis. But I love the aesthetic of those few colas that look like absolute missiles. I would normally defoliate a ton too but I had no mold issues at the time and life got too busy so on my current run I just let her rip. I did flatten her out and main line her but I think I'm gonna play around with a few different ideas here.

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

Depends on the plant but 8 or better 16, if she's a fast grower.
Seems like the more I top or let her go the less strength the main cola retains. My current grow looks like a menorah haha. I'm gonna experiment with only having like 6 or so main colas on this next girl. Gonna clone her so ill just top and let her rip.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Seems like the more I top or let her go the less strength the main cola retains. My current grow looks like a menorah haha. I'm gonna experiment with only having like 6 or so main colas on this next girl. Gonna clone her so ill just top and let her rip.
I've grown a few Menorahs. I gave up a few years back, too much work. I just grow a few more plants these days but 16 equal tops are pretty killer looking😉

Top Bottom