How many types of hermies exist?

• Thread starter DoubleDub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DoubleDub

I have grown at least two different types of hermies. The most common type is the almost entirely female plant that pushes out male nanner sacks right at the end. I would consider this a female trying to be a male.

Another type of hermie I grew was from a free pack of "white widow" seeds I got from good karma collective. The plants showed immediate signs of both male and female flowers as soon as pre-flowers could be seen. I let them grow a little bit longer and there were literally pistils and actual male nut sacks growing side by side. To me this would be considered a true hermaphrodite expressing both traits more or less equally.

How many types of hermies exist? Is there a male plant that shows slight signs of female? Or am I just completely off and there are in fact millions of possible variations that make classification impossible?

B

boroboro

I think of it as two types: genetically tending to hermie or a chemical or stress-induced hermie plant that would have been pure female in a better growing environment.

I recently grew out some seeds that came from hermie plants. Nearly 75% were strong hermies with lots of male flowers. No way I was going to just pick off a few pollen sacs here and there and finish growing them out. The remaining 25% of the seeds were pure female -- I never found even a single pollen sac on those.

Actually, I wonder if you started with a third type -- the female plant that will push out male flowers only at the end of flowering, in an attempt to self-pollinate in the absence of a male.

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

i actually had a male this year go hermi at the end. i had left it in a little cup for the year and it was basicallly stressed to hell. i came around the end of the season and found it had developed female parts.(a flowering bract would grow out of the male bannana cluster) it was pretty wild looking, and the whole plant ended up covered in trichs(even male parts)it had been the first i had seen of this, but it was neat. i intended to smoke it but other things got in the way and my Lola died on me.

D

DoubleDub

haha thats hilarious. so males with slight signs of female hermie do exist. Thanks for clearly that up. Buddha did it look something like this?

gia_and_fire_male_pics_120.JPG

gia_and_fire_male_pics_096.JPG

Thats a raskal fire og male that Capt Crip. came across. The weirded out growth is due to reveg but he claims it was 100 percent male, expressing no hermie traits. What do you guys think?

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

it actually looked kinda like the bottom pic(female growing out of male)

its obviously not 100% male at all if its growing bud bracts out

Top Bottom