How many watts for a 2x4 growspace

• Thread starter Newbie27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtywhiteboy

dirtywhiteboy

just got 2 XS1500's for my 2x5 closet, samsung, meanwell, IR, heat sinks, 80ish more leds than the XS2000, 5 yr warranty! if 1 gose out i still got nuff light with other 1 to keep garden alive till replacement arrives, seemed elementary to me...

Newbie27

Newbie27

I’d get a kingbrite from alibaba if it were me. I went even lower and found an even cheaper light on alibaba and 0 complaints! Girls are happily in their 4th day of flower
Whats the actual name of the light and conpany?

Newbie27

Newbie27

just got 2 XS1500's for my 2x5 closet, samsung, meanwell, IR, heat sinks, 80ish more leds than the XS2000, 5 yr warranty! if 1 gose out i still got nuff light with other 1 to keep garden alive till replacement arrives, seemed elementary to me...
So your using 1 in the tent or 2?

Newbie27

Newbie27

es300 ftw
700 bucks are you rich or sumtn i dont have 700 for a light i got kids and bills during carona

Newbie27

Newbie27

Did some topping and defoliation lastnight but they are looking good imma b giving them some cal mag with there normal dose of nutes today only running 4 led bulbs for these beautys they stay short i noticed people with 1000 dollars led struggle trying to get short plants i guess using chepa bulbs is better for veg lol

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

content://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1611324107954158999639.jpgi use this 1 and a 300w cfl in a small tent and is doing a good job.. U get what u pay for I guess. Your light should cover the whole of your space. No dim spots.. So the led is 600w but draws about 200w from the wall.. Just because it say 600 don't mean it is.. Take into consideration your space bigger light more heat. U will need to compensate for that good luck and hope u find what u need

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Did some topping and defoliation lastnight but they are looking good imma b giving them some cal mag with there normal dose of nutes today only running 4 led bulbs for these beautys they stay short i noticed people with 1000 dollars led struggle trying to get short plants i guess using chepa bulbs is better for veg lol
Actually it's more blue light that keeps them short. Typically "day light" spectrum and "cold white" will fall in the 4000k to 6000k range. The more expensive lights may also create more heat which also lends toward a more lanky plant. Regardless, the more expensive lights were made to provide deeper light penetration than a cheap led bulb can ... and that usually means a heavier yield.

To an extent, you get what you pay for ... but that does not mean that a bargain can't be found. The biggest thing is do your research before putting your money down.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks i was shocked it works everybody says i need expensive led to pull of veg/bloom but as you can see i dont maybe i dont for flower either lol
To a point you're right ... higher intensity lights will produce a heavier yield. This does not mean you "can't" produce flowers. It means that without adequate light, you have less density and lower yield.

Harvard

Harvard

Thanks i was shocked it works everybody says i need expensive led to pull of veg/bloom but as you can see i dont maybe i dont for flower either lol
Anybody can veg, little more to flowering. The difference between a 1000$ light and a cheapie is lbs to ounces, if you know what your doing. Both will produce nice buds, again if you know what your doing. Some pretty impressive buds coming from spider farmer lights IMO.

Newbie27

Newbie27

Actually it's more blue light that keeps them short. Typically "day light" spectrum and "cold white" will fall in the 4000k to 6000k range. The more expensive lights may also create more heat which also lends toward a more lanky plant. Regardless, the more expensive lights were made to provide deeper light penetration than a cheap led bulb can ... and that usually means a heavier yield.

To an extent, you get what you pay for ... but that does not mean that a bargain can't be found. The biggest thing is do your research before putting your money down.
4k to 6k is for veg anyway its not the Kelvin thats making it short all led works with 5k 6k with tall plants guess i just got the Green thumb

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yields will be directly related to light intensity. Blue spectrum absolutely unequivocally will reduce node spacing.... among other things.

The healthier the plant and better the environment the harder you can push them with light to increase yields.

Color spectrum plays a huge role in the morphology of the plant.

Almost all LED will grow great buds. Efficacy, spectrums, heat, lifespan and cost all vary. And in those terms you get what you pay for if intensity is equal.

Newbie27

Newbie27

To a point you're right ... higher intensity lights will produce a heavier yield. This does not mean you "can't" produce flowers. It means that without adequate light, you have less density and lower yield.
Lower Growth??? My plants are short asf lol see yours used to tall plants where the lights had to travel 100 inches down stem i keep them shorttt and im pretty sure we all LOLLIPOPS So lower growth dont matter right?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

4k to 6k is for veg anyway its not the Kelvin thats making it short all led works with 5k 6k with tall plants guess i just got the Green thumb
I have seen the difference. I have 5000k led t-8 shop lights that I use for early veg. I also have 3500k quantum boards (veg/flower) and 3000k quantum boards with UV and IR (flower only). There are differences in how these plants grow under each of these lights. The T-8 style LED work outstanding for vegging and they were CHEAP! lol

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Lower Growth??? My plants are short asf lol see yours used to tall plants where the lights had to travel 100 inches down stem i keep them shorttt and im pretty sure we all LOLLIPOPS So lower growth dont matter right?
I grow short plants indoors, typically about 36" from the top of the pot to the top of the plant. I grow monsters outdoors in my greenhouse. So yes, I guess ... truth is I grow both big and small plants without issues.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have seen the difference. I have 5000k led t-8 shop lights that I use for early veg. I also have 3500k quantum boards (veg/flower) and 3000k quantum boards with UV and IR (flower only). There are differences in how these plants grow under each of these lights. The T-8 style LED work outstanding for vegging and they were CHEAP! lol
10000000% agree.

Latest posts

Top Bottom