How many watts for a 2x4 growspace

• Thread starter Newbie27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Pasted the link... forgot to copy it lol and pasted another.

Newbie27

Newbie27

Yields will be directly related to light intensity. Blue spectrum absolutely unequivocally will reduce node spacing.... among other things.

The healthier the plant and better the environment the harder you can push them with light to increase yields.

Color spectrum plays a huge role in the morphology of the plant.

Almost all LED will grow great buds. Efficacy, spectrums, heat, lifespan and cost all vary. And in those terms you get what you pay for if intensity is equal.
All im saying is why do people recommend these expensive lights to grow sumtn i did with less then 50 bucks i dnt get it i seen people grow seed to flower with CFLS YES YU READ IT RIGHT C F L LIGHT BULBS N GET LBS i just dont get it im a medical smoker and when i ask people about a light for 300 they send me to a link for a light thats 1000000000000000000000
😂😂😂 i dont even have 300 but thats a price i wouldnt mind spending for a light that i figured would do what im doing now

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

All im saying is why do people recommend these expensive lights to grow sumtn i did with less then 50 bucks i dnt get it i seen people grow seed to flower with CFLS YES YU READ IT RIGHT C F L LIGHT BULBS N GET LBS i just dont get it im a medical smoker and when i ask people about a light for 300 they send me to a link for a light thats 1000000000000000000000
😂😂😂 i dont even have 300 but thats a price i wouldnt mind spending for a light that i figured would do what im doing now
I take it you have not flowered a plant yet? Idk you pulling over 2lbs from a 4x4 with cfls?

I think you may be a bit over excited about how they work on a very small plant in veg. Its not the same thing with a 4ft plant in flower

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm not the guy telling you to purchase anything. I have simply provided information. Plants grow differently under different lights. What I'm all for is you finding lights you can afford that will give you the yields you want. My setup allows me to put up pounds per harvest. But if all you need is ounces per harvest, don't over-spend.

Harvard

Harvard

I'm not the guy telling you to purchase anything. I have simply provided information. Plants grow differently under different lights. What I'm all for is you finding lights you can afford that will give you the yields you want. My setup allows me to put up pounds per harvest. But if all you need is ounces per harvest, don't over-spend.
Or buy cfl’s. Lmao

Newbie27

Newbie27

I take it you have not flowered a plant yet? Idk you pulling over 2lbs from a 4x4 with cfls?

I think you may be a bit over excited about how they work on a very small plant in veg. Its not the same thing with a 4ft plant in flower
I didnt say 2 lbs i said 1 lb with cfl and not a 4x4 a 2x4
And i didnt do it i watched a vid of someone do it theres alot of vids showing you u dnt need to spend 100s of 1000s on led lights all im saying

Newbie27

Newbie27

Thank you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup thats the truth... buy what you can afford. But also have be prepared for possibly less desirable results in some cases.

Flower is the demanding part because with photo periods you only have about 12hrs to get them as many photons as possible.

Veg can be done with almost any light and lower intensity.

Bit you have to do you and like was said if a qp or a few oz is good then you really don't need to spend that money

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Whatever extra money you put into your light will either be made back from increased yields or it will be money saved in the future.

Newbie27

Newbie27

Yup thats the truth... buy what you can afford. But also have be prepared for possibly less desirable results in some cases.

Flower is the demanding part because with photo periods you only have about 12hrs to get them as many photons as possible.

Veg can be done with almost any light and lower intensity.

Bit you have to do you and like was said if a qp or a few oz is good then you really don't need to spend that money
Thank you my brother now for flower i still dont know what to do n i dont want no cfls i need a light for flower only bcuz i got veg undercontrol 😭😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And i didnt do it i watched a vid of someone do it theres alot of vids showing you u dnt need to spend 100s of 1000s on led lights all im saying
I understand where your coming from but give it a couple years growing and it may make more sense.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Whats funny? All i didnt under stand was why i see people say ooo this killed it n my veg room i only spent a milllion dollars on it when u can do it with 50😂
The plant grows in veg no matter what. Better lights will allow your plants to grow faster at a consistent rate between all your plants and grow in the shape you'd like.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I think I've seen the same vid ... there's a lot going on that is not stated. His set-up is a dwc, which provides for outstanding growth when done right. His genetics play heavily into the light requirements. However, probably the biggest thing is he's a pro.

When I bought my kingbrites, I bought them because I saw the results others on this board had using those lights. I purchased all of mine pre-pandemic when shipping was pretty cheap. I don't know what shipping costs today ... My 3500k 240w quantum boards (2) cost about $260 shipped. My 3000k + UV/IR cost more per board but the shipping was the same. I bought 4 of the those for just under $600 shipped. This was over a year ago so I don't know what the cost is today.

Harvard

Harvard

Whats funny? All i didnt under stand was why i see people say ooo this killed it n my veg room i only spent a milllion dollars on it when u can do it with 50😂
That’s what I was wondering, your the one that laughed at my post. Some learn the hard way, some never at all.

Newbie27

Newbie27

The plant grows in veg no matter what. Better lights will allow your plants to grow faster at a consistent rate between all your plants and grow in the shape you'd like.
Whatttttt yea they grow but they grow like shit lol some be tall n springly n others just dont produce nodes or veg i was told 240 watts 😳😳😳😳😳 guess how many watts im using 😁😁😁 50

Top Bottom