How many watts for a 2x4 growspace

• Thread starter Newbie27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
_VLAD_

_VLAD_

It's not a scam.

I've purchased through Vicky @ kingbrite 3 times. They deliver the goods ... and when I ordered, they sent them very quickly.

Ive been waiting to get my light before I responded but it will be here tommorow. I paid through paypal outside of alibaba and its only going to take 5 days for me to get it. I saved almost 100 bucks. I believe theres a 1 year warranty but not sure

Autumn

Autumn

To the OP:

Perhaps you might be overthinking things?

Suggest you simply cowboy up and buy a decent light, appropriate for a 2' x 4' space, and be done with it. It will cost you about $275 on Amazon, and take a couple of days to arrive.
- Yes, you could save a few dollars on a similar 230W QB direct from China (Kingbrite, et al), if time and trouble don't matter
- No, you won't find a decent cheap light
- Yes, you will need to learn to monitor and control tent temperature no matter what you do, lighting wise

Here's the Amazon review I posted for you a week ago:

I've done your homework for you...

If you need a cost effective, state-of-the-art, high quality grow light (for a ~ 2' x 4' area), stop soul searching and purchase the Maxsisun MF2000. In my opinion, it's pretty much the best combination of price, performance, and quality available anywhere.

I have numerous HID, flourescent, and LED grow lights. The MF2000 will effectively replace a 400 - 600 watt HID, and will optimally cover a ~2' x 4' footprint. At 230 (actual) watts, it will consume about half the electricity (and, produce roughly half the heat) while doing so. As a moderately driven LED array, it should do this full time for about five years (which is a long time, measured in replacement HID HPS and MH bulbs)

So, forget the cheap purple LED's, T5 fluorescents, COB's, etc. If you're interested in professional results, either use old school HID lighting (slightly cheaper, upfront), or go straight to one of the very latest LED quantum board lamps (such as the MF2000). Trust me.

UPDATE: I've now put the MF2000 into service. Here are a few tips:

- About the Remote Controller:
Reassuringly, the MF2000 will work just fine with a conventional (24hr on/off) timer. And, the light intensity (eg, 50%) initially selected via remote will continue under subsequent on/off timer control (eg, 18hr/6hr). So, set intensity once and forget it

- About Initiating the MF2000:
Simply press and hold the remote control "ID" button while you click the red lamp switch to "On"; lamp will blink for 2 seconds; now release the "ID" button and you're done - all the remote functions will now work
(the MF2000 instructions are a bit fuzzy here, but its actually dead simple)

- About Hanging the Lamp:
The MF2000 comes with a (four wire) hanging harness and a couple of rope ratchets. All good, except this combination uses up a lot (~20") of vertical space (which is at a premium in a 5' high tent). Solution: Use just two of the hanging wires (one per side), forming a loop between hanger points. Clip the included rope ratchet carabiner around the loop and hang as usual. (Maxsisun also makes an excellent 2'x4'x60" grow tent - ideal for the MF2000; see my review)

- About Different Light for Vegging vs Flowering:
Short answer - the MF2000 will work just fine for both. And - importantly - your ability to smoothly vary intensity from 10% - 100% means you can use the MF2000 right from seedling to final bud finishing. Combined with varying height above canopy via rope ratchets, adjustable intensity makes the MF2000 a simple and sophisticated grow lighting solution.
(Technically, the MF2000 produces an extended light spectrum which pretty much encompasses all stages of plant life cycle needs, just like normal sunlight. So, no need for "red/blue" switches or MH/HPS HID bulb changes).

(Thanks for reading. Hope all of this info helps you. Buying grow lights can be confusing...)

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
To the OP:

Perhaps you might be overthinking things?

Suggest you simply cowboy up and buy a decent light, appropriate for a 2' x 4' space, and be done with it. It will cost you about $275 on Amazon, and take a couple of days to arrive.
- Yes, you could save a few dollars on a similar 230W QB direct from China (Kingbrite, et al), if time and trouble don't matter
- No, you won't find a decent cheap light
- Yes, you will need to learn to monitor and control tent temperature no matter what you do, lighting wise

Here's the Amazon review I posted for you a week ago:

I've done your homework for you...

If you need a cost effective, state-of-the-art, high quality grow light (for a ~ 2' x 4' area), stop soul searching and purchase the Maxsisun MF2000. In my opinion, it's pretty much the best combination of price, performance, and quality available anywhere.

I have numerous HID, flourescent, and LED grow lights. The MF2000 will effectively replace a 400 - 600 watt HID, and will optimally cover a ~2' x 4' footprint. At 230 (actual) watts, it will consume about half the electricity (and, produce roughly half the heat) while doing so. As a moderately driven LED array, it should do this full time for about five years (which is a long time, measured in replacement HID HPS and MH bulbs)

So, forget the cheap purple LED's, T5 fluorescents, COB's, etc. If you're interested in professional results, either use old school HID lighting (slightly cheaper, upfront), or go straight to one of the very latest LED quantum board lamps (such as the MF2000). Trust me.

UPDATE: I've now put the MF2000 into service. Here are a few tips:

- About the Remote Controller:
Reassuringly, the MF2000 will work just fine with a conventional (24hr on/off) timer. And, the light intensity (eg, 50%) initially selected via remote will continue under subsequent on/off timer control (eg, 18hr/6hr). So, set intensity once and forget it

- About Initiating the MF2000:
Simply press and hold the remote control "ID" button while you click the red lamp switch to "On"; lamp will blink for 2 seconds; now release the "ID" button and you're done - all the remote functions will now work
(the MF2000 instructions are a bit fuzzy here, but its actually dead simple)

- About Hanging the Lamp:
The MF2000 comes with a (four wire) hanging harness and a couple of rope ratchets. All good, except this combination uses up a lot (~20") of vertical space (which is at a premium in a 5' high tent). Solution: Use just two of the hanging wires (one per side), forming a loop between hanger points. Clip the included rope ratchet carabiner around the loop and hang as usual. (Maxsisun also makes an excellent 2'x4'x60" grow tent - ideal for the MF2000; see my review)

- About Different Light for Vegging vs Flowering:
Short answer - the MF2000 will work just fine for both. And - importantly - your ability to smoothly vary intensity from 10% - 100% means you can use the MF2000 right from seedling to final bud finishing. Combined with varying height above canopy via rope ratchets, adjustable intensity makes the MF2000 a simple and sophisticated grow lighting solution.
(Technically, the MF2000 produces an extended light spectrum which pretty much encompasses all stages of plant life cycle needs, just like normal sunlight. So, no need for "red/blue" switches or MH/HPS HID bulb changes).

(Thanks for reading. Hope all of this info helps you. Buying grow lights can be confusing...)
You already posted this. This isn't an advertising website.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

How well does it work?
When I got my kingbrite boards, I ran them through a killowatt device to see exactly what they pull from the wall. You can find it here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/chinese-led-grow-light.111362/page-17#post-2396623

It pulled 243 watts from the wall. So it hits specs just fine.

A few posts back, someone was asking about a warranty. Yes, they offer a warranty. What I don't know is how easy/hard it would be to have it honored. I have zero experience there. I will say this though ... I didn't buy them for their warranty. What I bought is an easily swap-able plug-n-play platform. If a panel goes out, you can replace it easily and quickly without spending a fortune. Meanwell drivers are top quality and typically don't give people a lot of issues.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

When I got my kingbrite boards, I ran them through a killowatt device to see exactly what they pull from the wall. You can find it here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/chinese-led-grow-light.111362/page-17#post-2396623

It pulled 243 watts from the wall. So it hits specs just fine.

A few posts back, someone was asking about a warranty. Yes, they offer a warranty. What I don't know is how easy/hard it would be to have it honored. I have zero experience there. I will say this though ... I didn't buy them for their warranty. What I bought is an easily swap-able plug-n-play platform. If a panel goes out, you can replace it easily and quickly without spending a fortune. Meanwell drivers are top quality and typically don't give people a lot of issues.

actually a member here reported a failed driver pretty quickly but contacted vicky and a replacement was sent out quickly.

But i have also read unhappy reports.

And i still believe the parts may not be authentic from experience with these factories.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

actually a member here reported a failed driver pretty quickly but contacted vicky and a replacement was sent out quickly.

But i have also read unhappy reports.

And i still believe the parts may not be authentic from experience with these factories.
Everyone has their own beliefs. However, I still say that my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. Granted, I'm not growing indoors year round so my equipment does not have the wear and tear someone who always has something going would have.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

How well does it work?

Not sure what data points you want? I just plugged in to make sure it works, I still have fan/tent/pens/air pumps to buy.

Will say ive done some reading on building my own, only problem I ever had was figuring out what driver would work with what diodes. With that being said I dont think it would be all that hard to build something similar for maybe even half, just depends how handy you are.

Regardless it was only $180 so im not digging into it all very far.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Not sure what data points you want? I just plugged in to make sure it works, I still have fan/tent/pens/air pumps to buy.

Will say ive done some reading on building my own, only problem I ever had was figuring out what driver would work with what diodes. With that being said I dont think it would be all that hard to build something similar for maybe even half, just depends how handy you are.

Regardless it was only $180 so im not digging into it all very far.
The good thing about building your own is you can make strip lights in rows to get an even ppfd. Then you can get an average of 1000ppfd instead of 600.

30roll

30roll

REal quick..

I just loop 2 even lengths of Paracord. Mine is Blue! LOL 😁

I twist them the same amount of turns to get the desired distance. That way you can adjust the Light distance and then add or subtract turns on the Paracord for the Fan. I should cut off the extra length on those screws tho. 🤪

Those Drivers run burning hot, but with this Fan they are merely warm to the touch. 'Works good. 👍

IMG 20210203 192601748 BURST000 COVER

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
REal quick..

I just loop 2 even lengths of Paracord. Mine is Blue! LOL 😁

I twist them the same amount of turns to get the desired distance. That way you can adjust the Light distance and then add or subtract turns on the Paracord for the Fan. I should cut off the extra length on those screws tho. 🤪

Those Drivers run burning hot, but with this Fan they are merely warm to the touch. 'Works good. 👍

View attachment 1087911
Is that an xs2000?

Top Bottom