How many watts of light

• Thread starter KYSEAN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KYSEAN

KYSEAN

I was curious as to the amount of LED light watts and distance from a single plant for indoor growing during the beginning of veg growth.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Very little qt the beginning of veg. Getting all the way up to 400 par. If you have a lot of light and it's the growth is slow. Raise the lights or turn them down.

T

Titleist

Watts don't really tell the whole story as to what's hitting your plants. LED efficiency, driver efficiency, LED's used etc all convert power to PPFD. If you're going to go by watts at the wall you should really get a PAR app to help you find out what's actually hitting your plants rather than using watts at the wall. That is unless you've been using the light forever and have that down pat.

My suggestion would be to get a free PAR app for. your phone and measure the light after calibrating the app and your phone. If you don't have any other means use the par map that came with the light to calibrate. All of that tells you how many watts at the wall translate into PAR hitting the plant. Telling you how many watts is pretty inaccurate, as for PAR try and keep it under the 600 mark or so depending on strain tolerance for light.

KYSEAN

KYSEAN

Watts don't really tell the whole story as to what's hitting your plants. LED efficiency, driver efficiency, LED's used etc all convert power to PPFD. If you're going to go by watts at the wall you should really get a PAR app to help you find out what's actually hitting your plants rather than using watts at the wall. That is unless you've been using the light forever and have that down pat.

My suggestion would be to get a free PAR app for. your phone and measure the light after calibrating the app and your phone. If you don't have any other means use the par map that came with the light to calibrate. All of that tells you how many watts at the wall translate into PAR hitting the plant. Telling you how many watts is pretty inaccurate, as for PAR try and keep it under the 600 mark or so depending on strain tolerance for light.
Thank you for your help

2Bad

2Bad

I'd say about 100 watts after 2 weeks of veg would be perfect. At a distance of 28-32inches. Gives me good growth rate. Just keep raising the lights once they get to below 29 inches.

KYSEAN

KYSEAN

I'd say about 100 watts after 2 weeks of veg would be perfect. At a distance of 28-32inches. Gives me good growth rate. Just keep raising the lights once they get to below 29 inches.
Thank you

simonkay

simonkay

Hi 2bad, i got 2x240w LEDs @24" 50-75% power. I noticed my growth is slow, do you think my light is too close or intense.
Tia 🙏

Top Bottom