how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DazedNconfussed

Do clubs even buy good dry ice hash these days? whats the goin rate in Sac area...or wherever...just curious...made a bunch up but will keep it for family if I aint gonna get shit for it...

Also, what about decent bubble hash?

Both hash's are made from OG kush...from popcorn bud only...

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Do clubs even buy good dry ice hash these days? whats the goin rate in Sac area...or wherever...just curious...made a bunch up but will keep it for family if I aint gonna get shit for it...

Also, what about decent bubble hash?

Both hash's are made from OG kush...from popcorn bud only...

Post some pics up dazed>>>u can tell cosmetically if its marketable

gtd

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`ve only seen kief and that was in the back room of a despensery. I asked what price they pay for it and they told me $10 a gram.That was early last summer in Sacramento.I only got $2500 for my outdoor in Sacramento last summer so ended up selling alot of it out of state for $3,000-3,500 and did a trade for property with most of it.I did sell two lbs. of Talk of Kabul (outdoor) for $4,500 each in SoCal.That was the best price I got of any of my out door last season.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Been getting 32 for my Blue Dream. I just had to hold out for a bit.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I have buddies that grow the shit out of Blue Dream and get 3k an LB for it all day long at a club...

S

Samson4

How knowledgeable are dispensaries on cannabis strain history? I guess what I'm asking is, if you showed up with a high quality pure highland Thai or Mexican, would they even look twice?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Sadly, most of the owners in SoCal want to pay closer to 2k, and know very little about strains or growing methods.

Hey Mark, PM me the info on your club who liked your Talk of Kabul so much. I could use more clubs who have an appreciation for nice nugs.

-TF

D

DazedNconfussed

How knowledgeable are dispensaries on cannabis strain history? I guess what I'm asking is, if you showed up with a high quality pure highland Thai or Mexican, would they even look twice?

Bro, from my experiance most clubs dont know shit about strains or appricate anything rare. They care manily about bag appeal and smell. I can sell my casey jones 10 times easier then my OG...and the difference in pay is only a few hundred, but casey yeilded 3 times better.

If your growing for money pick an easy to grow good yielding anything, with a dense bud structure....cause you aint gonna get paid any better....thats just from my experiance...There may be a few who care, but I havent found them.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yeh like I went to a bunch of clubs and being the stoner I am I can remember which one it was. Most couldn`t even get them to look at anything.They kept telling me they weren`t buying and come back agian. The market was stuffed last year. I do remember the one that did look was the one that offered me an OK price. At first they said the same thing then one guy told them to start looking at some of it anyway.When they looked at it they got excited and wanted the buyer to come see it. I gess you have to have something different or special to get notised.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

A big, fat purple donkey dick will help get you noticed. I've recently heard that a diarrhea x burnt rubber nose is a good thing 2. Personally I think that having a smell like that in the grow room is a good reason to stick to sativas, but I'm not that impressed by purps or donkey dicks either. However, supply, demand and capriciousness rule the market. And I haven't even copped a buzz today... yet.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Tell you what... just get ready. Feds are shutting down the north and the market will be saturated with meds no one can get rid of. Time for all the green rush people to do the next fad.

M

mrdizzle

Tell you what... just get ready. Feds are shutting down the north and the market will be saturated with meds no one can get rid of. Time for all the green rush people to do the next fad.

what do you mean by this

D

DazedNconfussed

Are you refering to this:

Feds Targeting California Pot Dispensaries; Told To Shut Down In 45 Days

Is this real...45 days and no more medical marijuana in Cali

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Now that I've copped a buzz, onto serious, less frivolous pursuits.

Anyone else hooked up w/ a vertical collective, ie grower->distribution->dispensary? I'm about to sign the papers and can't wait. I'm willing to take the 10%-15% hit and be done w/ holding wares in hand and feeling like I have to act like someone that I'm not. I know this option isn't available to a large % of growers, but it might be someday and it is probably the direction that small growers are going to have to take if they're to survive once the big boys (ie Monsanto Smoke Shop Franchises) are unleashed.

PS The vertical approach has been battle tested and is a good (maybe the only?) method of keeping the feds off your back because it's one of the only ways available to get all of the "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are you refering to this:

Feds Targeting California Pot Dispensaries; Told To Shut Down In 45 Days

Is this real...45 days and no more medical marijuana in Cali
Also this ruling from a state appeals cour. The outlook isn't very good right now.

Cities can't give permits to pot clubs, court says

Bob Egelko, Chronicle Staff Writer
Thursday, October 6, 2011

Federal law prohibits California cities from issuing permits to collectives authorizing them to supply marijuana to medical patients, a state appeals court has ruled, raising questions about the scope of local regulation of pot dispensaries.

In overturning a Long Beach ordinance, the court said the city went a step beyond California's action in 1996, when state voters eliminated criminal penalties for patients who used marijuana with a doctor's approval.

Deciding not to prosecute someone for drug use doesn't conflict with the federal ban on marijuana possession and distribution, the court said. It also said a city's restrictions on marijuana dispensaries, such as limiting their locations and operating hours, wouldn't violate either federal or state law.

But by issuing permits that let a certain number of pot collectives operate within city limits, the court said, Long Beach has put a stamp of approval on an activity that federal law forbids and is interfering with nationwide drug enforcement.

"The city's ordinance ... goes beyond decriminalization into authorization," the Second District Court of Appeal in Los Angeles said in a 3-0 ruling Tuesday.

Long Beach could appeal to the state Supreme Court or could try to revise its ordinance, either by following the appellate panel's guidelines on regulations or by banning dispensaries altogether. The city attorney's office did not respond to a request for comment Wednesday.

Medical marijuana advocates said the ruling, if it stands, will set new criteria for the diverse rules on pot suppliers adopted by many cities and counties since California voters approved the law in 1996.

"It makes it more difficult for cities (to regulate), but I don't think it eliminates their authority," said attorney Michael Risher of the American Civil Liberties Union in San Francisco. He said cities could apply health, safety and zoning laws to marijuana collectives.

Although the ruling appears to prohibit local governments from limiting the number of suppliers by issuing permits, a city could largely reach that goal by requiring dispensaries to locate in certain zones and at certain distances from each other, said attorney Ruthann Ziegler, who has represented cities in other marijuana cases.

The Long Beach ordinance limits dispensary locations and operating hours, sets safety standards including laboratory testing of the drugs, and requires dispensaries to pay a nonrefundable application fee of more than $14,000 and an annual renewal fee of at least $10,000 if they win a lottery for a permit.

But Matthew Pappas, lawyer for two patients who challenged the ordinance after their collectives did not qualify for permits, said Long Beach is actually trying to ban medical marijuana collectives. He said one client's dispensary was the target of a raid in May by more than 25 officers who used a battering ram to break down the door.

"Patients don't have any problems with reasonable restrictions," Pappas said. But he contended a local ban on dispensaries would violate federal disability law, a position he argued in another Southern California case now pending before a federal appeals court.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

At least they haven't gone back to the old days when smoking the stuff was illegal and you'd get popped into county for having a j in your cigarette pack.

If enough dispensaries get shut down, I'd say the feds are sending a message to growers to go back to underground networks. Maybe that's exactly what they want in their grander scheme of things. People aren't going to stop smoking and they're gonna get it from someone, somehow.

Blaze

Blaze

People aren't going to stop smoking and they're gonna get it from someone, somehow.

Exactly. Every single prohibition law in every society that has ever tried it in all of human history has failed. This will be no different. The feds will posture and beat their chest, bust a few clubs, scare a few more into shutting down, but they will never stop the MMJ industry.

Hermitian

Hermitian

Many of the news services are being overly dramatic and not mentioning which 12 dispensaries are being targeted and why.

The other related news story about firearms at dispensaries is also being misreported in a very dramatic way.

Life is much less stressful without network news. Heck, you could probably stop self-medicating with Cannabis.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Exactly. Every single prohibition law in every society that has ever tried it in all of human history has failed. This will be no different. The feds will posture and beat their chest, bust a few clubs, scare a few more into shutting down, but they will never stop the MMJ industry.
I disagree, I think it's not only possible, it's likely given the current climate. Between the feds and the state, the future of MMJ ain't lookin' too bright. Add to that the tax audits of clubs, and where does that leave us? With cannabis becoming exactly like tobacco and distilled spirits--completely illegal to make on your own, but you can possess, and pay through the nose for the privilege. This is setting up the framework for pharmaceutical production, which sets up the framework for a tighter taxation scheme. If the government decides that the ONLY appropriate use for cannabis is medical, then we'll be breaking the law if we don't use properly prescribed medication.

Top Bottom