how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kobe24

just go to Budtrader and see how cheap weed is everywhere....its crazy....you have to provide the entire package to get 4K+ and thats a 10...not many of those around...Strains that knock you out....taste insane....smell insane...and look next level....if your bomb is lacking one of those qualities and has all the others...not a 10...and be prepared to get short changed by the clubs....

I had a min to post during halftime...time to back to the game :harvest:

T

turtle_bud

Let me say one more time. I have no intention of dropping the prices. It's good for me to look through threads like these. I've come to this site for info about cali dispensary's. Because this will be my first indoor crop here and it will be the first time i try to deal with them. They seem to be out to low ball people and I wont let em take advantage of me.

I agree with what a lot of you have said. Maybe I did come across a bit harsh but that wasn't the intention. I am a bit negative towards the community maybe because in my eye's I see a lot of people first hand that are in it for the wrong reasons. I've seen many growers get screwed over by friends and the bad side of the black market.

Marijuana prices have dropped over the years and they will continue to drop until they are at a point where it is only worth it to grow and distribute if you are large scale or just growing for personal use. In the past prices were ridiculously high because of prohibition. Now the laws are a bit more lax and there are a lot of large scale grows popping up. Although harsh it is a reality. I just hope it never drops below 3000 for indoor. But I really think thats a ways away. Hence the reason I said quit complaining. In this thread there seems to be a lot of complaining when this industry is one of THE BEST industries in the US at the current moment.

With some exceptions, ie newbs, b/ser's, I think you're talking to the choir around here as far as passion and profession are concerned. You seemed to come across as pissed off about something in your OP and indiscriminately pointing your finger at a bunch of Calif whiners. Well, that's one way to make an entrance.

I'm a small grower and I don't feel uninformed nor do I have any allusions of grandeur. It's tough, hard work and unforgiving of fuckups. Small oversights cost $$ but now I see I'm preaching to the choir, as well. I'm hooking up w/ a large collective of small-medium sized growers. (and a couple of bigs) My point is, numbers and unity have clout. There will be Budweiser but there will always be room for good MicroBuds too once it advances to that point. What cuts the wheat from the chafe is and will continue to be applied smarts and hard work, not the size of the operation.

You say you don't want to undercut anyone that doesn't deserve it but what criterion are you using to decide who does and who doesn't?

M

mrdizzle

Let me say one more time. I have no intention of dropping the prices. It's good for me to look through threads like these. I've come to this site for info about cali dispensary's. Because this will be my first indoor crop here and it will be the first time i try to deal with them. They seem to be out to low ball people and I wont let em take advantage of me..

get back to us after your first trip, I dieing to know how it works out for you, should be epic, I see 4200lbs in your future

J

JonDoe

Dude is rite about..

You'd be suprised. My outdoor is about as good as the mid grade indoor in Washington. Thats what they pay for mid grade.

Thats %100 corect I have friends that grow & sell outdoor lb's in cali 4 $1800.
Or they take it to washington state 4 $3xxx a lb. I've seen this with the 2009,2010& thier gearing up 4 this year as we speak. Just know that going in & you will be ok.
Their is a good articale in new Kush mag about the the bizz in cali. its free @ 7-11's ,safeways,foods co.

Blaze

Blaze

I just hope it never drops below 3000 for indoor.

It already has in the emerald triangle area. The over production is making some people desperate.

Edit: Where in Cali are you at that you can run over 12k worth of power and only pay $1200 a month? Seriously, I want to know. Running that much in my area of Cali will cost over $3,000 a month. To be paying that low a price you would have to be getting it at like 18-20 cents kw/hr.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Here's what's going on in my county w/ one local "farmers direct" co-op delivery service. I don't know quite what to think.
Indoor/gr
Ethno menu ID

OD/gr
Ethno menu OD

Their prices aren't typical at all, but that's what they're charging.

MountainWalker

MountainWalker

It already has in the emerald triangle area. The over production is making some people desperate.

Edit: Where in Cali are you at that you can run over 12k worth of power and only pay $1200 a month? Seriously, I want to know. Running that much in my area of Cali will cost over $3,000 a month. To be paying that low a price you would have to be getting it at like 18-20 cents kw/hr.

I believe it... is that for the OG's as well? If so then that really is crazy.

R

rottenjohn

Here's what's going on in my county w/ one local "farmers direct" co-op delivery service. I don't know quite what to think.
Indoor/gr

Well at 8 bucks a gram *28*16=3584 for outdoor... What's not to like?

Blaze

Blaze

I believe it... is that for the OG's as well? If so then that really is crazy.

No, and that is here in the Humboldt/Mendo which usually has the lowest prices in the whole state (if not the whole country) form what I have seen. Better stuff goes for more but that is still pretty scary that it has gotten that low. There has definitely been a TON of shitty bud produced this year though which doesn't help.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Hey blaze... so what is a fair asking price for socal??? Indoor hydro top shelf.

H

haole

wow this thread is funny.

can't get 2800 these days where I'm at. And we're talking 24.3%thc abusive's og kush, green crack cut, etc. Maybe if i drove to the next city over but here in this county shit is cheap.

I just said fuck it when it comes to stuff like the white and kept it off the market... might be able to get 32, but we're talking 'The White' top quality indoor GORGEOUS nugs.

BTW this is all in montana.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Its freakin insane that you farmers are having to get less than 4 stax for well grown OG in your states. Now i feel blessed i've been getting 48 for my whitefire... with my eyes closed -Keepz

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
SSHHH...Keepz we dont want an over flow of cali peepz moving over her and under cutting us thats all thats going on everyone under cutting everyone wifi or really good grown erb is worth 3 a zip all day. Peace HDK

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Indoor/gr

Well at 8 bucks a gram *28*16=3584 for outdoor... What's not to like?
Dtvuded by 2, (if the coop will go 50-50) = 1792

Indoor- @12 x28 x16 = 5376/2=$2688 13x28x16=5824/2=$2912

Problem is, they give quantity discounts- 15% for a Z.

Ethno 3

A half dozen services have been advertising in the same paper for the past year, these ^^ folks are certainly the cheapest- the others are charging normal prices ($40, $50, sometimes $60/8 is typical.) and are still advertising so something doesn't quite add up.

My gear is sold elsewhere so I'm not in the loop here, but will check around to get the down low. Been meaning to do that for awhile, anyways.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Hey blaze... so what is a fair asking price for socal??? Indoor hydro top shelf.
Mine goes to SoCal- I'm getting $3200-$4000- broken down colas, tight ass trim, 45-60 da cure- higher prices depending upon the dispensaries inventory and what's hot ATM. I recently got $4K for Blueberry, (old DJS cut), because they hadn't seen it for quite awhile and the first batch sold out quick.

B

Bobby Smith

Lol...........I guess that's the price to be paid for no (well, "reduced" depending on things) legal ramifications if you're caught growing :)

To the dude above's point, getting $3K (LEGALLY!!!) for a product that takes a few hundred dollars to produce ain't that bad - a 1000% return on investment (legally) in a few months is unheard of in any other industry save for the weed game.

Shit, I could kief my buds and then sell them for $5K............but then again, if I'm caught I get in a lotta trouble :)

R

Reefer Franklin

Blaze,

PG&E has a statewide CARE (California Alternate Rates for Energy) program which caps a KW hour at 9.5 cents if you earn less than $31, 300 a year for a one or two person household. I am sure that a lot of us do......

A 12,000 watt system running in veg with all the ancillary equipment should only be at worst case $650 per month. If he's paying $1,200 a month he's paying way too much.

It really proves that PG&E are making exorbitant profits from 'regular' consumers in CA.

The Reef

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

But it only covers norcal... we here in SoCal are stuck with SC edison.

Top Bottom