how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluenote

Yup, exactly the same story here, most of my meds will and have been for my and my girl to have constant meds, and a good variety. But sometimes I think it would be nice to just get some quick cash to pay off some stuff. Eh, future is lookin good so im not to worried anymore.

Heyyyy hey hey, you can hate on the GSC and Cherry Pie fads all you want homie but Sonoma Coma has been around for days. I grew up IN SONOMA, not the county, but the town. The little town that Sonoma or "Noma" Coma as we call it, was named after. That shit is pure fire when grown correctly, idk why so many peeps put her OD, she's a golden sandy SLUT inside, i've seen it first hand 2.5 years ago. My buddy has the most legit cut of it and lost it that same year....Too bad!

I know the Coma has been around for a while , which is exactly why I'm bitching , the craze will take it and screw it up for sure , just as it has certain other stuff.

I guess I'm just a sourpuss today , so while I'm capping on dispensaries the nutrient companies , politicians I may as well flip the big bird to a lot of the damn seed companies too , who knew that what we were tossing out the window on 101 or hwy 9 in the '70s would be ten dollars a seed and UP nowadays......

I could name a couple really egregious offenders in that regard.Check the price on seeds from Dawgysnutz or whatever the name is. They frigging well need to take care of themselves and pay the electric bill for that price.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I just can't get by how fucked up (and presumptuous) it is for a dispensary to sell mmj on consignment. Imagine yourself going into a dispensary and telling management that you're just starting up, don't have the cash flow to cover rent, electric, equipment, supplies, beans, etc, etc, and the only way they could do business w/ you and get product in their store was to float you some money or product for 4 months. Now imagine that the only way the dispensary could get product was to give a 4 month loan to every grower that came into their shop because, that's just the way it was- if you don't consign us start up money, you don't operate in our area. You can always try your luck somewhere else- we're not twisting your arm, but no 4 month float, no product in this store because all of your providers need start up money. A bit convoluted but, that is essentially putting the shoe on the other foot.

What industries work on a consignment model?
Not the pharmaceutical industry. The last I heard, the 'M' in MMJ stands for medical. I'd love to see the look on a pharmaceutical reps face when a pharmacist at the corner drugstore told him they only do consignment.

I might take that case of Marlboros, but first I've got to test it...had some negative response on that last case you dropped off. Bring a couple of samples and why you're at it, why not bring me samples of all of your products. You seem like a nice fellow, I'm sure we'll do business. We'll get back to you and let you know if you can consign w/ us.

PS I haven't figured out how to be critical of an offensive practice that I see as a threat to my/our lifeboats w/o coming across like I'm bitching, complaining, or being a source of dissent and diviseveness within the Movement.

The HC

The HC

I really want to go into commercial growing once I get ahold of some money, but man do I hate politics.

N

noone88

Most retail goods industries work on net term, which is consignment.

ie. Walgreens buys $1,000,000 worth of generic meds on net-30.
They get the inventory immediately and have 30 days to pay the full balance.

This is common business practice, from the hydroponics industry to clothing.

MMJ, as a business, is still pretty much in the grey area. And this is because of the growers mentality and also the dispensaries point of view.

I've said this before, try to develop a good relationship with a dispensary. The ones I work with, I view them as partners. And as with any industry, there will always be bad apples.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

The way you've presented this is misleading. Huge Corps like Walgreens have well established TRADE CREDIT within the industry, and everyone is insured for loss. This is why vendors are willing to do this with them. There is no way to establish trade credit or get loss insurance within the pseudo legal mmj industry. So you're comparing apples to oranges.

Just say NO to MMJ consignment. The end.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I really want to go into commercial growing once I get ahold of some money, but man do I hate politics.
You'll learn soon enough, but that doesn't mean that you won't hate politics.

Listen, learn and take a seat for awhile.

M

Mauihaole

yep bull shit. In 05 socal the parmacy offered no more than $800 a Qp the next day my meds were on the menu at $75 an 1/8 with a $150 1/4 cap. Theives common theives. I never sold to them again. I hear from a buddie hes only payin $15 an 1/8 supposedly kush strains but I am not their so Its just hear say dont quite beleive it myself. Just imajine this. The feds getting their hands in control of taxing and distributing herb god help all out pockets.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

The way you've presented this is misleading. Huge Corps like Walgreens have well established TRADE CREDIT within the industry, and everyone is insured for loss. This is why vendors are willing to do this with them. There is no way to establish trade credit or get loss insurance within the pseudo legal mmj industry. So you're comparing apples to oranges.

Just say NO to MMJ consignment. The end.

Agreed, +1.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GreenThumbBill again."

There are about 3 collectives around my area (out of around 8) that have horrible reviews on Weedmaps from vendors. Saying they never make good on their consignments and push their pay dates back 5 days at a time for months.

^ Just hearing that makes me NOT want to vend to any collectives with that chance. I would be heated a month after dropping 2+ elbows at a collective and having NOTHING to show for it...

B

Bluenote

MMJ, as a business, is still pretty much in the grey area. And this is because of the growers mentality and also the dispensaries point of view.

I've said this before, try to develop a good relationship with a dispensary. The ones I work with, I view them as partners. And as with any industry, there will always be bad apples.

The "ones you work with"? Or should that be the " one you work for"?

Want me to drive a truck through all the gawdamnned holes you left in the above? Care to ascertain how many times I've heard the same shuck and jive " we're only businessmen" BULLSHIT from psuedo wannabe salesrep-future-in-sleazy-politics shills connected with a dispensary or dispensarie(S)?

You utlised ChinaMart as an example , here ya go. Answer THIS , is ChinaMart in a business that's grey area legal where they could close up shop the next day and abscond with the product? Would their be any point to ChinaMart absconding with any of the products THEY sell? ( quite a blackmarket in toilet-paper and gimcracks 'eh).

I'm a little more blunt than most folks here , I'll just call logical fallacies such as you have presented exactly what they are , which is *bullshit*.

You want to be treated like " businessmen" then act like " businessmen" , and if you just gotta do your "thug life" act on folks then don't be real surprised when you run across someone who treats you like a thug........but see here's the KEY REALITY as regards this not so small issue of behavior , the VAST majority of the punks playing " drug kingpin" in the dispensaries can't hang with *real* hard folks , that mouth and that front gets their freaking chin checked and they end up on their asses.

There's your dose of REALITY , now bring another flawed analogy at me. The bottom line remains THIS , you get what you give and if you wish to be treated in a professional and courteous manner then treat others in such a manner , if you insist on doing otherwise then don't snivel when lots of folks refuse to deal with you and when a small percentage just flat out get pissed off at being treated in such a manner.

Like I said , bring me another logical fallacy , we haven't even gotten to your " growers mentality " crap yet , faux-intellectual crap that it is. Blanket generalisations won't get you far in this little tussle.

And quite frankly manipulated rhetoric and semantical gyration of an obviously pro-dispensary/growers are stupid jackasses nature will only foster further rancor and widen the gulf between the grower and the dispensaries.

And it will foster the rise of " growers unions/collecitves" , which will force the dispensaries to deal *fairly* with growers , keep that word in mind , roll it off the tongue , tyoe it a few times F A I R L Y.........

The dispensaries greed for short-term profit is driving a long-term scenario with longterm results , if y'all ultimately don't like those results........well ya can only piss people off for so long before they get ...........pissed off.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Way ahead of you brah. I'd be happy to give the dispensaries terms- the same terms that hydroponic retailers gave me. (w/o interest, of course)
Lest you think I hate consignment and refuse to work under those terms-
I have a part time gig as an artist and have dealt w/ galleries all over the world for 15 yrs. 50/50 is the agreed upon split. I knew what the rules were when I entered the art world and accepted the terms. Occasionally, a gallery will come along that thinks they're special and wants 60/40 terms. My agent ignores them.

Retailers also know the terms going in. Some MMJ entrepreneurs have their heads up their asses.

I totally agree w/ your last part and support that viewpoint.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I "front"to my friends..
I take 1 week Vouchers from the big guys.
Everyone else is cash donations up front

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

If you want to be an activist and don't have the time, boycott dispensaries that are operating on a consignment basis.

I know there are some people reading this that could give two shits about the welfare of other people- fellow growers. There are whores in every business. Nothing wrong w/ whores, I even run w/ a few, but not w/ the kind of whore that takes the easy way out- the kind of whore that talks the talk as long as he's got his shit covered. I see 'em around, but their ticket doesn't get punched at the concert that me and my boys are going to.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I didn't read this but... seemed appropriate

The Little Bird, The Cow and The Cat

Little bird was enjoying a flight in the the last rays of warmth for the day before settling down into his cozy nest for the night. As he dove and swooped across the sky, he noticed a flock of birds flying as though the devil himself was at their tail feathers.
“HEY!” he called. “Where are you going?”
“We’re flying south,” they called over their wings. “Winter’s coming and we have to be in South America before it hits!”
Little bird was puzzled. This was his first winter and he hadn’t heard of such things. “Why would you do that?” he asked.
“It’s going to get colder yet!” they called. “There’ll be no food! Now hurry or you won’t make it!”
Little bird waved them good-bye and considered what they’d said. He’d felt cold before in the dark of night and it wasn’t really that bad. He always just nestled further into his nest and fluffed his feathers around him and was fine. No food? With all of the other birds gone, there’d be plenty of food for him! Flying long distances was hard work and he’d fare much better staying behind! His mind was made up.
He was right, for a while. Little bird was living high on the land with the other birds down south. There was plenty to eat in the dying fields and the bugs were slow from the cold. He lay back in his nest, fat and happy, laughing at the silly birds who had gone south.
The next morning, he wasn’t laughing. He awoke to freezing rain pelting down on his nest, rudely awakening him from his restless sleep. It was c*o*l*d. He shuddered and pulled his feathers closely around him, but he still could not shake off the chill that permeated his little bones. Shit. He had to get south and get there fast. He took flight, trying without success to fly above the rain clouds. The higher he got, the colder it got. He felt ice forming on his wings and he panicked as he began a downward spiral. He hit the ground hard.
It was Little Bird’s darkest hour. Or so he thought. As he lay there on the frozen ground, the icy rain pelting onto him, he stared up at the gray skies and asked for help, from somewhere, anywhere. Unbeknownst to him, Little Bird had landed smack in the middle of a cow pasture. Old Bossy Cow was feeling quite an urge and she was making her way through the sleet and rain and let go with a pie of epic proportions, which landed, ripe and steaming, right onto Little Bird.
“Fine,” he thought. “Just fine. As if injury was not enough, now he had a hot pile of insult all over him. As Little Bird lay, defeated, in the pile of cow shit, he found, to his surprise, that the heat from the cow plop was thawing out his wings. (?!) His tiny bones and muscles soaked up the warmth and soon he was feeling just fine again. It was a miracle…the very one he’d asked the heavens to send. He was so overjoyed, that he began to sing, “Oh Happy Day! Oh Happy Day!”
In the barn, not far away, Old Tabby Cat was curled up in a pile of hay, dreaming of spring when the birds would return and he would have warm food instead of cold, hard Friskies. Suddenly, his ears perked and his head shot up. “What? Could it be??” Curious, he padded out of the barn and cocked his head. “HA!” Evidently, some bird had NOT flow south. What could it have been thinking? He rushed out into the rain to investigate. He came upon Little Bird, singing for all he was worth from the middle of a pile of cow shit. Old Tabby Cat did not let his puzzlement keep him from swinging into action.
“Pssst,” he said, “Little Bird, what are you doing in that pile of cow shit?”
Little Bird laughed. “I was DYING here in the icy rain and that cow over there saved me! It was amazing!”
“Wow. That is absolutely fascinating,” OTC purred. But I can’t help but notice that you are covered in cow shit now. Can I lend a hand? Let me pull you out and help you get cleaned up. Then you can really enjoy your new lease on life!”
Little Bird was jubilant. Not only had he been saved from the jaws of death in a most unexpected way, but he’d been helped again by a most unlikely source. He reached out his wing and OTC hoisted him onto his back, grimacing at the still warm cow plop droppings that were sinking into his fur. Little Bird rode the cat back to the barn, where he was taken to the horse stables. The bodies of many of the large animals had made this part of the barn the warmest and Little Bird happily dove into a puddle of water and began washing his wings. After he was perfectly clean, OTC helped him settle down into the warm hay until he was perfectly dry. Little Bird settled into a comfy sleep, whereupon, Old Tabby Cat promptly ate him.
The Moral of the Story:
*Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy.
*Not everyone who helps you is your friend.
*If you are warm and happy in a pile of shit, keep your mouth closed.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

This one's dedicated to bluenote ;-) ;-) and any other old hippie farts out there. I'm a hippy fart but I don't think I'm old... at least not as old as bluenote. HaHaHa! Oh Happy Day!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jYpX-c3Sa8[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom