How much do u get

• Thread starter Skunt01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunt01

Skunt01

Goodmorning everyone I'm just curious of what other growers are getting. So my question is he much dried bud do u get off of one plant, I'm averaging about half pound dried per plant under 600w mh bulb. I understand different strains will produce different but just a blanket general question. I've been working on my own nutrient mix and seems to do the trick but just wondering if its worth the time and effort. I flower in 25g pot of soil, one plant one tent one bulb. Pics are of last 2 grows. I'm on batch 5 now only been growing bag seeds I've collected over the year.

How much do u get
How much do u get 2
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Until now all I've had for lighting was a 70w blurple and a 2x2x4 tent but I got around 2.75oz average per grow. I'm pretty sure I've seen at least 3 of these threads already.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

In my previous MH/HPS experience I got around 10oz from 4x4ft. That was when I started and I used MH for veg and HPS for the flower.

Strains make a significant difference to yield. Lights are also important, have you considered using a LED? I got over 1lb from my last 480w grow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My previous grow was hand watered (and butchered) but had 5 plants,
This new grow is 4 plants with autopots, will be interested to see if there is a significant difference.

i get we all like to try new styles and stuff but i got my best results from practicing with the same lights, pots, nutes and potting soil with added perlite for a few years. Went from 2 oz per plant to 5.5 average in my perpetual harvest garden. Practice is key I think.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

i get we all like to try new styles and stuff but i got my best results from practicing with the same lights, pots, nutes and potting soil with added perlite for a few years. Went from 2 oz per plant to 5.5 average in my perpetual harvest garden. Practice is key I think.

Totally get what you mean.

I do want to practice and get best yields but other factors help too.

Scrogging I found significant yield improvements (especially with my LEDs)

Things like autopots, airstones etc are all about redundancy and reliability. Sometimes I go out for the day and come back 4-5 days later after a hard bender and cry that it's going to take a week or two to resuscitate my babies :(

I'm only human, and I definitely make mistakes so I like to put alot of safe guards in place for when these times happen (surprisingly often)

It would be nice to have one set of measurements constantly, but things like improving airflow, room design etc are constant for me.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Totally get what you mean.

I do want to practice and get best yields but other factors help too.

Scrogging I found significant yield improvements (especially with my LEDs)

Things like autopots, airstones etc are all about redundancy and reliability. Sometimes I go out for the day and come back 4-5 days later after a hard bender and cry that it's going to take a week or two to resuscitate my babies :(

I'm only human, and I definitely make mistakes so I like to put alot of safe guards in place for when these times happen (surprisingly often)

It would be nice to have one set of measurements constantly, but things like improving airflow, room design etc are constant for me.

sure, sure. We all need to find a method that works for our individual situations and styles too.

i have actually learned to mix a different gallon of nutes for each different size and strain plant in my staggered system. But i have time to do that as i only work here at home. If i still had a day job i would never have the time to do that.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

sure, sure. We all need to find a method that works for our individual situations and styles too.

i have actually learned to mix a different gallon of nutes for each different size and strain plant in my staggered system. But i have time to do that as i only work here at home. If i still had a day job i would never have the time to do that.

I don't have a day job, just like to party a bit too much.

I definitely learned to have all of one strain per autopot reservoir but I've never actually had an issue with my nutes so long as I give what they ask for.

I do have some things in my eyesight such as the torus hydro inline auto-PHer and also need to get some EC measuring equipment so I can start learning/understanding ppm

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

In my previous MH/HPS experience I got around 10oz from 4x4ft. That was when I started and I used MH for veg and HPS for the flower.

Strains make a significant difference to yield. Lights are also important, have you considered using a LED? I got over 1lb from my last 480w grow.
@whitexcloud Hey man just curious, was that TRUE WATTAGE (480w) or was that the equivalent wattage? I'm running 2 x Spider Farmer SF1000s in a 2 x 4 grow and trying to get an estimate of what my yield could be with an average yielding strain assuming all my environment variables are correct.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I used to get half an ounce per plant on average under a single 600w HPS. I also used to get about 10-12oz per plant under a 600w HPS.

One method was with 50 plants SOG on a 4x4' tray and 5 days veg, the other was a single plant and 6-7 weeks veg.

Easy to see how much more productive SOG systems are if you can keep up with the clones and intensive planting routine.

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Goodmorning everyone I'm just curious of what other growers are getting. So my question is he much dried bud do u get off of one plant, I'm averaging about half pound dried per plant under 600w mh bulb. I understand different strains will produce different but just a blanket general question. I've been working on my own nutrient mix and seems to do the trick but just wondering if its worth the time and effort. I flower in 25g pot of soil, one plant one tent one bulb. Pics are of last 2 grows. I'm on batch 5 now only been growing bag seeds I've collected over the year.
I average 3.2 oz per plant in 3 gal pots normally get them to be a good size since i have the space but if i toped them more i could keep them smaller so ill have about 10 plants under on 1000w hps and ill get 1.75-2 lbs off that when i vegged 3 of my mimosa plants longer then the others by about 3 weeks i pulled off 4oz per plant

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

I used to get half an ounce per plant on average under a single 600w HPS. I also used to get about 10-12oz per plant under a 600w HPS.

One method was with 50 plants SOG on a 4x4' tray and 5 days veg, the other was a single plant and 6-7 weeks veg.
@Dirtbag I'm going to be using a 4x8 tray which I was gonna do SOG with 20 plants to start. Is 20 plants too low for a 4x8? Should I increase the amount of plants? I was planning on doing them all from seed because I don't have clones and wanted them all to be the same strain. I'm doing flood and drain with 2 Spider Farmer SF1000s, and a 40gal rez.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

@whitexcloud Hey man just curious, was that TRUE WATTAGE (480w) or was that the equivalent wattage? I'm running 2 x Spider Farmer SF1000s in a 2 x 4 grow and trying to get an estimate of what my yield could be with an average yielding strain assuming all my environment variables are correct.

True wattage, they are 240w LM301H + IR + UV from kingbrite, the QB288's.
I have my current grow HERE and my previous grow HERE

Those spider farmers are not quite as good, but I think they do still equate to a similar performance.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Those spider farmers are not quite as good, but I think they do still equate to a similar performance.

Spider farmers are 40 watts less per board.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

I think I have 220 true watts between both of my lights in that 2x4 tent, do you think that is enough for a profitable yield?

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

I think I have 220 true watts between both of my lights in that 2x4 tent, do you think that is enough for a profitable yield?

Okay, quite a lot less than I thought. (thought they were around 200w each)

You should probably get around 8 ounces from two of them assuming around 1gpw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom