How much do u get

• Thread starter Skunt01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Okay, quite a lot less than I thought. (thought they were around 200w each)

You should probably get around 8 ounces from two of them assuming around 1gpw.
Thats regardless of how many plants I'm growing? I'm going to be doing SOG with 20 plants, flood and drain, 4x8 tray, 4 x SF1000s (440 true watts) 100% indica strain.

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Okay, sorry, at 440w i would assume 440g at 1gpw or just slightly over 15oz.

I think using SoG you could do more. Its a bit of a shot in the dark without knowing everything ( and even if i knew the finer details I'd still be guessing)

1gpw for LED is considered average. Experienced growers are known to be able to pull 1.5 or more with the right setups.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Dirtbag I'm going to be using a 4x8 tray which I was gonna do SOG with 20 plants to start. Is 20 plants too low for a 4x8? Should I increase the amount of plants? I was planning on doing them all from seed because I don't have clones and wanted them all to be the same strain. I'm doing flood and drain with 2 Spider Farmer SF1000s, and a 40gal rez.

I wouldnt advise a SOG from seed. Youll get too much variation in height and other characteristics and the plants will require too long of a veg. From seed, youll want to veg at least 5 or 6 weeks before flip ideally. For a true SOG, you need to use identical clones with minimal veg time. I would even take twice as many as i needed and use the ones that were the most similar and sell off the rest to get uniformity.

What you should do is take a cutting from each, select the favourite after this crop, then grow it into a mom and clone it for a SOG.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

I wouldnt advise a SOG from seed. Youll get too much variation in height and the plants require too long of a veg. From seed, youll want to veg at least 5 or 6 weeks before flip ideally.

What you should do is take a cutting from each, select the favourite after this crop, then grow it into a mom and clone it for a SOG.
So, do you think I can just grow them regularly in that 4x8 space? I mean doing 20 regular plants in that space this time around and thenkeep one mother from this run for the next?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So, do you think I can just grow them regularly in that 4x8 space? I mean doing 20 regular plants in that space this time around and thenkeep one mother from this run for the next?
For sure, its honestly a lot of plants to be running from seed in that space when you consider how big they will get before theyre mature enough to flip. From seed, I like 4 plants per 4x4... From clone the sky is the limit because theyre already mature and you can flip small plants immediately. 10 plants in a 4x4 from seed will get a bit crowded, but if you prune them properly it should be doable?

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

For sure, its honestly a lot of plants to be running from seed in that space when you consider how big they will get before theyre mature enough to flip. From seed, I like 4 plants per 4x4... From clone the sky is the limit because theyre already mature and you can flip small plants immediately. 10 plants in a 4x4 from seed will get a bit crowded, but if you prune them properly it should be doable?
I've seen people do seed to 12/12, why can't I do that and get the same effect as SoG?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've seen people do seed to 12/12, why can't I do that and get the same effect as SoG?

You can do that with an equatorial strain, but they wont start to flower for weeks after they sprout anyways. Flowering a plant before it reaches maturity is just a bad growing practice imho. Its no better than chopping a plant down early. Its rushing the process. You wont get plants that express their full potential, and since youll have several phenotypes they could all start flowering at different times.

I mean, do what you want, but if you want to do a SOG, the right way to do it is with clones. Trying to do a SOG by going 12/12 from seed sprouts is just.. I dont know, amateur. Its just a bad way to do it.

growsince79

growsince79

I wouldnt advise a SOG from seed. Youll get too much variation in height and other characteristics and the plants will require too long of a veg. From seed, youll want to veg at least 5 or 6 weeks before flip ideally. For a true SOG, you need to use identical clones with minimal veg time. I would even take twice as many as i needed and use the ones that were the most similar and sell off the rest to get uniformity.

+1

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I found it easier to do a one plant scrog than 4 plants because I didn't need to worry about some towering over others. I was also somehow able to flip the 1 plant sooner at the same size but I think that was just because I was more experienced. It would only make sense that the 4 plant would grow faster. I got pretty much the exact same yield from both.

Skunt01

Skunt01

In my previous MH/HPS experience I got around 10oz from 4x4ft. That was when I started and I used MH for veg and HPS for the flower.

Strains make a significant difference to yield. Lights are also important, have you considered using a LED? I got over 1lb from my last 480w grow.
I do veg with a cheap led light off Amazon but once in flowering I switch over to MH for 2 weeks to let the plant settle then over to HPS to flower. What led do u use

Skunt01

Skunt01

i get we all like to try new styles and stuff but i got my best results from practicing with the same lights, pots, nutes and potting soil with added perlite for a few years. Went from 2 oz per plant to 5.5 average in my perpetual harvest garden. Practice is key I think.
I finally got my temp and everything figure out with this set up and now on batch 5 so still getting everything figured out but seems to be going in the direction I'm looking for

growsince79

growsince79

I found it easier to do a one plant scrog than 4 plants because I didn't need to worry about some towering over others. I was also somehow able to flip the 1 plant sooner at the same size but I think that was just because I was more experienced. It would only make sense that the 4 plant would grow faster. I got pretty much the exact same yield from both.
Thats funny, I always just use the trellis to keep them all the same height.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Thats funny, I always just use the trellis to keep them all the same height.
I did too but when they started to flower, they stretched at different speeds. I did the best I could and I put a second net but 2 out of the 4 just grew so much more. Maybe I'll try again next run to see if I'll do better.

growsince79

growsince79

I did too but when they started to flower, they stretched at different speeds. I did the best I could and I put a second net but 2 out of the 4 just grew so much more. Maybe I'll try again next run to see if I'll do better.
Thats why I do a short veg, and just keep bending the tall ones so they grow towards the walls. Never did see what the point of vegging two months, then cutting all the leaves off is. You might get a bigger crop doing that, but relative yield is decreased.

Harvard

Harvard

I used to do a sea of green with 40 plants until I got in trouble. Now I stay in my legal numbers and bud 9 at a time in 5 gallon pots. My best strain averaged 12 ounces last time and there was more to be desired. 2 month veg

K

KK26

4x4 here with 600HPS, generally 600gram, touch more maybe 10% plant dependent.

5 plants in that space will give me no more than 4 plants in the same space.

4 plants in 20ltr pots is idea for 600+grams in my experience.

Sorry I don't have my grows to show as I'm new here but they are on RIU under the same user name as I use here.

Been growing decades and I have it very consistent with minimal effort.

Soil /coco, Ecothrive Charge and Buddhas Tree Organicus all in one feed and the proven trusty HPS. Nothing else.

I'm happy.

amekins

amekins

i get we all like to try new styles and stuff but i got my best results from practicing with the same lights, pots, nutes and potting soil with added perlite for a few years. Went from 2 oz per plant to 5.5 average in my perpetual harvest garden. Practice is key I think.
This is where I’d like to be headed. If the next coco/Seablast grow is manageable for me, that will be my indoor game plan.

Top Bottom