How much do you think this plant will yield?

• Thread starter Cdub97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cdub97

Cdub97

That plant looks like a pretty even hybrid. I guess 10 weeks total to quality flowers.

really?! Ok that means I need to really think longer. Had no idea an indica could keep going like that. Ok!

It’s Cookies strain (exotic genetix)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

really?! Ok that means I need to really think longer. Had no idea an indica could keep going like that. Ok!

It’s Cookies strain (exotic genetix)

Doesnt look like a fat leaf indica. But you could be right. Im only guessing from my own experience.

I dont actually time them anymore. When they are ready they look it. Then i check trichomes.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Doesnt look like a fat leaf indica. But you could be right. Im only guessing from my own experience.

I dont actually time them anymore. When they are ready they look it. Then i check trichomes.
I agree that is doesn't look indica dominant, I used to only grow 2 strains that were very indica based and don't look like the plant in photos could be wrong though only going from what ive seen

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree that is doesn't look indica dominant, I used to only grow 2 strains that were very indica based and don't look like the plant in photos could be wrong though only going from what ive seen

Agreed but a hybrid looking sativa some can still be fast flowering. We are all just guessing.

Cdub97

Cdub97

I know exactly the strain.

aww snap it is a hybrid!

I trimmed a LOT of fan leaves because it was just too bushy....then I lost a bunch to a nitrogen toxicity and then a lot of yellowing after I mostly cleared that up...still dealing with that overfeeding excess salts issue to some extent - so it’s been flushed with about 30-40 gallons of water 2 days ago. So there’s not many big fat fan leaves left...but it used to have them. 😥Irritated I did that and I know it’ll hurt yield but hopefully I can partially recover.

ANY TIPS ON USING THESE LITTLE SCOPES? The 30x lens is fairly easy to use but not powerful enough to see trichome detail clearly. 45x and 60x are better but it’s so hard to get a clear look. I can’t hold the scope steadily enough. Should I chop a tiny piece off with scissors and put the scope on some sort of stationary position and adjust the sample under it perhaps???

A88E4B5E B18F 456D 99D0 425FD2F28450
Last edited:
Seraphine

Seraphine

I know exactly the strain.

aww snap it is a hybrid!

I trimmed a LOT of fan leaves because it was just too bushy....then I lost a bunch to a nitrogen toxicity and then a lot of yellowing after I mostly cleared that up...still dealing with that overfeeding excess salts issue to some extent - so it’s been flushed with about 30-40 gallons of water 2 days ago. So there’s not many big fat fan leaves left...but it used to have them. 😥Irritated I did that and I know it’ll hurt yield but hopefully I can partially recover.

ANY TIPS ON USING THESE LITTLE SCOPES? The 30x lens is fairly easy to use but not powerful enough to see trichome detail clearly. 45x and 60x are better but it’s so hard to get a clear look. I can’t hold the scope steadily enough. Should I chop a tiny piece off with scissors and put the scope on some sort of stationary position and adjust the sample under it perhaps???
Practice. I like to sit down with the plant in front of me. I hold the bud with one hand and the scope with the other. I also have a digital microscope that I should use for that...

Seraphine

Seraphine

1 mason jar full of trimmed bud
That’s actually a big plant, it’s hard to tell from the picture but according to the OP, it’s in a 15gallong fabric pot. I’d say at least 4 -quart size canning jars.

Seraphine

Seraphine

That one plant would last my husband a month (he’s medical and smokes an ounce per week )!

I’ve become very good at judging quantity since I’m the farmer. My husband’s meds and his sanity depend on my ability to estimate accurately. @ cdub97 you’ll have to let us know what you end up yielding!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'm lousy at estimating yield, but I would guess 3 or 4 Oz once dried. FWIW, your plants look a little overfed. When you mentioned bout an earlier grow that produced buds that wouldn't burn, that isn't usually from overfeeding/salts but it might help you to lower your nutrients for a week or so before you harvest. The buds will get thicker and tastier at the very end of flowering... I think you still have a little while to go as they don't look too big around yet. Besides the Trichome method of determining "doneness", I look for the bud tips to start getting pointy and developing single lobed leaves... as well as the yellowing of the fan leaves (which can give you an idea of your soil nutrient level as well).
Things are looking good, I'd keep them going as long as possible for maximum yield and flavor. Just my opinion.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

That’s actually a big plant, it’s hard to tell from the picture but according to the OP, it’s in a 15gallong fabric pot. I’d say at least 4 -quart size canning jars.
Did you really look at the pics? That plant is just a little wider than the scalloped reflector behind it, and no taller than the pot it is in, and I am talking about the amount of bud above the lollipoping. Maybe the OP meant a 15 liter pot which would be like 4 or 5 gallon. Once that is dried and trimmed 1 jar maybe 1 and 1/2 jars. No shame in that its still cannabis you grew yourself.

Don't get it twisted it looks like good medicine

Cdub97

Cdub97

Did you really look at the pics? That plant is just a little wider than the scalloped reflector behind it, and no taller than the pot it is in, and I am talking about the amount of bud above the lollipoping. Maybe the OP meant a 15 liter pot which would be like 4 or 5 gallon. Once that is dried and trimmed 1 jar maybe 1 and 1/2 jars. No shame in that its still cannabis you grew yourself.

Don't get it twisted it looks like good medicine

nope. 15 gallon. I’ve lst’d the crap out of it.

15 gallon on the left and a 5 gallon on the right I just started...it barely fits under there

It’s pretty big. That hood is two 400’s end to end and it’s way wider...on both sides. I could barely fit in a second 5-gallon pot on one end of this 2x 400w hps rig I’m using.

I started this plant from seed outside the first week of July. It’s been indoors vegging a little longer and then flowering for 6 weeks and one day now.

97F51966 BD2A 40C5 ABAB AD24A6E63FA6
00D6649B D5A2 478D B713 3F260802328C
A9E6FBC5 D545 44F2 A85A CC39F13AF459
49377EE5 7FDD 47FD 9AE2 3DC390B329BC
085347E5 88C2 43EC 8888 46680A5EFB67
EBB09F7E ABD5 4234 A0B7 A6CF9AFED271
Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
1/2-3/4 of a LB after dryer and hand trimmed.

Cdub97

Cdub97

It’s hard to take pictures that really show how much effort and time was spent training this thing.

The plant is super short but maximum effort was applied in flattening every branch. It was never topped but the actual top curls around 360 degrees before coming back up to the top canopy.

FF7AF93F 0F9D 4999 B0FE DDE12B2FCBE5
F45EAD85 E02B 4652 B46D 7EE04871E62C
582EE7A5 7AB6 4B60 9295 B0599C5DA1FB
BigCube

BigCube

What kind of light did you flower under? I guess about .7 GPW

Cdub97

Cdub97

What kind of light did you flower under? I guess about .7 GPW

400w hps and 400w metal halide in combination (and I kept turning the plant) for about 3 weeks. Last three weeks I’ve been running 2x 400w hps. The last week to 10 days or or so I might run the metal halide and hps combo again for extra uv.

Deke

Deke

I’m guessing 6-8 also.

I have a scope....you’re right. It’s hard to use!

I just figured indica dominants won’t take much longer than 8-9 right?

Some will finish in the 60 -65 seed to harvest time frame many breeders promise, but from what I've seen they don't get as big as your plants. Usually much smaller. I had 2 Critical 2.0 plants that I just cut. They were done at 65, and maybe a few days earlier. But they were like 15" tall with a couple nice branches after some LST. Now I'm just going to plan on 10 weeks, 70 days from seed for my autos. Then just play it by ear.
And as far as using the loupe at the higher magnification I have issues as well. I used a broom stick like a gun bipod/monopod to stabilize my hand. I also use a small flashlight , it definitely helps illuminate the trichomes.

Top Bottom