How much is too much heat in a grow tent.

• Thread starter RealizedReal000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

That chart is bullshit. Try flowering dense buds at 65-85% RH and let me know how much mold and disease you get? FAKE NEWS
If you say so, I got a grow going right now that has had humidity going up into the 70% which is over the set control mark on my inkbird because of outside environment. Dense buds. No disease, no mold....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you say so, I got a grow going right now that has had humidity going up into the 70% which is over the set control mark on my inkbird because of outside environment. Dense buds. No disease, no mold....
Yep with good airflow and no humidity spikes you can run em much higher than most think.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Yep with good airflow and no humidity spikes you can run em much higher than most think.
Well I’ll be fair I shouldn’t say no disease, I did get root rot but idk if it could have been from that or the myco+ clogging the air stone.

Pippins

Pippins

Temp recommendations crack me up sometimes. Some of the best bud I ever grew was subjected to 100+ degree heat for 40 straight days outdoors in California during flower. Think of the places where all the good landraces come from...Malawi, Thailand, India, etc..You know...sweltering places. If your plant isn't showing signs of heat stress, your bud will be fine. My favorite is when people say you're going to "bake out all the terpenes."

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Temp recommendations crack me up sometimes. Some of the best bud I ever grew was subjected to 100+ degree heat for 40 straight days outdoors in California during flower. Think of the places where all the good landraces come from...Malawi, Thailand, India, etc..You know...sweltering places. If your plant isn't showing signs of heat stress, your bud will be fine. My favorite is when people say you're going to "bake out all the terpenes."
nature has its way, try it indoors.,

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

So im in early veg. My tent is in my bedroom. 5x5x7. Its getting hot in mine too. And i need to turn my lights up but it gets too hot. My bedroom is 70°. My tent is gets up to 82° with lights on and down to 70° close to lights coming back on again. I bought a general ir thermometer. It tells me my leafs temos are 7-10 degrees difference. Anyways. What is perfect leaf temp rh and tent temps for early veg?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So im in early veg. My tent is in my bedroom. 5x5x7. Its getting hot in mine too. And i need to turn my lights up but it gets too hot. My bedroom is 70°. My tent is gets up to 82° with lights on and down to 70° close to lights coming back on again. I bought a general ir thermometer. It tells me my leafs temos are 7-10 degrees difference. Anyways. What is perfect leaf temp rh and tent temps for early veg?
Leaf temp of around 75-77f

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Leaf temp of around 75-77f

I am already using this. But since i bought that stupid ir thermometer my shit is all out of whack. The ir says it has a +/-3.5 accuracy. Can i just assume my plants leaf temp to be on the lower side if my rh and tent temps are good?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am already using this. But since i bought that stupid ir thermometer my shit is all out of whack. The ir says it has a +/-3.5 accuracy. Can i just assume my plants leaf temp to be on the lower side if my rh and tent temps are good?
I'm not understanding... you asked what the ideal leaf temp, RH and air temp is... so I posted the answer.

I have no idea what your trying to ask. Your air temps are not nearly as important as your leaf temps.

Your asking what the perfect conditions are but hen asking if you can assume. If your close that's good enough... sure ideal is better but not something thats going to make or break it as long as it's withing reason. Leaf temps are more important than both humidity or air temps.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

I'm not understanding... you asked what the ideal leaf temp, RH and air temp is... so I posted the answer.

I have no idea what your trying to ask. Your air temps are not nearly as important as your leaf temps.

Your asking what the perfect conditions are but hen asking if you can assume. If your close that's good enough... sure ideal is better but not something thats going to make or break it as long as it's withing reason. Leaf temps are more important than both humidity or air temps.
Ok. Thats fine. So the ir thermometer? The brand name is General. The accuracy it says can be +/- 3.5°. Thats alot when we are only talking a few degrees for leaf temps. Right? So is it really that good of a thermometer? Thats where the assuming came in. Lol. My bad. I know what i am thinking. Just hard to get it all down in text as i go. My bad.

workngrow

workngrow

Ok. Thats fine. So the ir thermometer? The brand name is General. The accuracy it says can be +/- 3.5°. Thats alot when we are only talking a few degrees for leaf temps. Right? So is it really that good of a thermometer? Thats where the assuming came in. Lol. My bad. I know what i am thinking. Just hard to get it all down in text as i go. My bad.
I just put a digital thermometer/hygrometer right at the 'leaf' height and let it sit there. Grove sells some for cheap and it connects via bluetooth to your phone so you can check it.

I've seen other guys tents actually hang one of these right in the center of the tent presumably to get an idea of what the general state of temp and humidity is at whatever height you hang the sensor...

This is stuff I pick up by paying attention to the videos and pics of grow rooms and tents to see what people are doing and choose whats best for my situation.

workngrow

workngrow

I just put a digital thermometer/hygrometer right at the 'leaf' height and let it sit there. Grove sells some for cheap and it connects via bluetooth to your phone so you can check it.

I have that. Ac infinity controller 67.

That should be all you need, maybe just overthinking it a bit. Let the sensor sit at canopy height and just run with that. If the plants dont look jacked up then you are good.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

That should be all you need, maybe just overthinking it a bit. Let the sensor sit at canopy height and just run with that. If the plants dont look jacked up then you are good.
You probably hit the nail on the head. Overthinking it. Ok. I got this. Thanks guys.

workngrow

workngrow

You probably hit the nail on the head. Overthinking it. Ok. I got this. Thanks guys.
If you are running LED lights you can try and remove the driver from the light and mount it outside the tent. I took my pair of 480w LED meanwell drivers and just mounted them to a piece of plywood leaning against the wall outside my tent. This way they can stay running cool with the cooler air outside your tent and your ambient temp inside the tent should lower by a few degrees.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you are running LED lights you can try and remove the driver from the light and mount it outside the tent. I took my pair of 480w LED meanwell drivers and just mounted them to a piece of plywood leaning against the wall outside my tent. This way they can stay running cool with the cooler air outside your tent and your ambient temp inside the tent should lower by a few degrees.
Yeah did the same thing... good advice.

workngrow

workngrow

Just get an extension cord and remove those 4 screws from your mounting bracket, remove it from the frame and voila.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Did the same thing. My led lights must run pretty hot i think. I don't know hy either. Thought they were supposed to stay cooler? What type of lights are easiest to cool?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

View attachment 1122548

Just get an extension cord and remove those 4 screws from your mounting bracket, remove it from the frame and voila.
Yhe wires coming off of the light itself are so short that all i could do is mount it on the wall directly outside one of the 6 inch duct ports. It works. Its $1000 i hat to splice the cord to make it longer and it mess it up over time

workngrow

workngrow

Did the same thing. My led lights must run pretty hot i think. I don't know hy either. Thought they were supposed to stay cooler? What type of lights are easiest to cool?
LEDs generate allegedly the least heat from research but with the wattage you are working with heat is inevitable. Maybe consider more air changes or turning your ventilation fan up a bit and running some smaller fans inside the tent to circulate air. Since the air outside the tent is cool and the air inside the tent is not, you set the system up to pull that cool air into the tent. This could be as simple as using one of the lower ventilation openings on the tent and putting a fan next to it to pull air in the bottom and use the vent system to exhaust hot air out of the top.

Top Bottom