How much to budget for Amsterdam?

• Thread starter Beans4TheLadies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beans4TheLadies

I would love to vacation in Amsterdam.

What is the required starting budget? Coming from the US.

What time of the year is best?

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Hi Beans4TheLadies welcome to the friendly farm enjoy your stay :D no trolls here!

New grower? then read our

Looking for info on a certain strain? Check out our Strain Guide -

Thinking of visiting Amsterdam? check out our Coffee Shop reviews -

T

thc4sim

Welcome to the farm!!

For amsterdam i would budget on about $500 a day could be done on $100 a day but would not recommend it... in april $1800 lasted 3 days.. up in a puff of smoke! lol

The best time to visit is in the summer, but you missed out this year you could always visit when one of the cups is on:yes

F

FastForward

Budget as much as you can - Dam is a money pit! Much of this depends on your level of self control, but as you're going to be a toker in one of the MJ meccas, I think it's safe to assume that you'll have little self control and therefore little money!! :)

As a guide, top end gear costs 12-15 eu/gm and regular stuff around 5-8.

And a blowjob is about 50 eu....my mate told me....*cough*....i'm sure that's not massively high on your to-do list ;)

Accomodation can range from grim to great....depends on the time of year mainly. Cup time in Nov is mental, as is Queens Day in May. There's great places to stay for 100eu a night.....that'd be what I'd budget for accomodation. I've done the 40eu a night and it's just not worth it imho...(grim, lack of sleep etc)...or I'm just getting too old for the hostels....

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
$85,000 usd lasted me 11months :dance dam is one crazy place! :party :smoke

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

$85,000 usd lasted me 11months :dance dam is one crazy place! :party :smoke

isnt that about £42.000 UK sterling? so you spent around £3,800 a month, thats £950 a week. You definately had a good time lol, i only stay in Dam for 1 or 2 nights max and i have to stay in a decent place as wife is with me most of the time so i use hotels.nl and you can get 4star hotels for really cheap rates. I spend around £300 a day easy in Dam and the funny thing is i dont know what the fuck i bought lol

and it wasnt hoes of the redlight coz i take my Contarct deal

no pay as you go lol

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
isnt that about £42.000 UK sterling? so you spent around £3,800 a month, thats £950 a week. You definately had a good time lol, i only stay in Dam for 1 or 2 nights max and i have to stay in a decent place as wife is with me most of the time so i use hotels.nl and you can get 4star hotels for really cheap rates. I spend around £300 a day easy in Dam and the funny thing is i dont know what the fuck i bought lol

and it wasnt hoes of the redlight coz i take my Contarct deal

no pay as you go lol

That $85k usd includes my rent which was around $12k usd for the 11months :no i shared an apartment with a friend the rent was 1600euros a month and it wasnt even in dam central was like 10mins away on tram....amsterdam is so expensive!!

U

ukcheesehead

im going in 3 weeks and going to take around £500 for 2 nights . hotel is paid for and flights 55 euro a night in hotel and the flights cost me 4p each way. but with vat n tax and all the other charges its £44

£ 20 food
£ 100 drink
£ 80 smoke
£300 redlights

meangreenmartian

meangreenmartian

I live in the northeast(US) and have been out there a few times now and you could do a 5 night trip for $2000 no problem. My flight and hotel usually run $1000 unless its summer which will be closer to 13 or 14 hundred. Flights are alot cheaper in the fall/winter but the dam is so much better in the summer. Smokin a j in 65-70 degree weather is the way to go. Just make sure that wherever your stayin is smoker friendly. I recommend lonely planet amsterdam for some spots to check out when you go and of course the farm has your coffeeshop reviews. Your in for a Treat!:smoke

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
No hotel / hostel is smoke friendly any more meangreenmartian, new laws came into effect on 1st july.

F

FastForward

That said you can get away with hanging out of the window at a number of places, or putting the plastic shower cap they give you over the smoke detector :)

Alternatively, try and get somewhere with a balcony....costs more though....

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

im glad i booked my hotel next to coffeeshops, basically all i have to do is walk outside and walk into a cshop

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I havent been for a year or so,

But the last time I went, I was there for 72 hours and spent just over £1000 / $2000 on weed, about $300 on drinks, same on food and hotel was about $400;

The hotel Multituli is a great stay.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Just looked at the NH Krasnapolsky they only want €770 for 5 nights pretty cheap, but theres no way you will get away with :smoke

B

British_Hempire

I'm going for 3 days and my total budget is 300ukp inc petrol to get to the airport and car parking, I never understand why people say its so expensive, it's no dearer than the UK in my experience.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
No, but I am like a kid in a candy store. I buy everything, LOL.

Top Bottom