How much veg time. And it's effect on yeild.

• Thread starter Nutts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nutts

Nutts

Hey guys and gals I very often see the question about can I flip to twelve twelve from seed and how long should I vegetate etc etc how long of a veg does it take with how much light to bring a qp per plant when its done and dry.
So I figured this may help someone along the line and I'd love your input. All organic
These plants are all in promix. All star47 and all under my two six hundred hps lamps.
The first plant I will show is a star47 that was put straight to flower. Still has its original round cotodendryns I figure ill get about an oz to a oz and a half when she's all set and done
How much veg time and its effect on yeild

Nutts

Nutts

This third plant is also a star47. My favorite strain. She had a thirty day vegetation period otherwise. Same everything thirty days. Actually from day twenty five to thirty veg is when the preflowers show in my room. I think personally thirty days minimum veg for a plant to really show its best. Just my opinion though.

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

It all depends on your grow space. Some ppl don't have the height to veg for 30 days. With my 1k and tray I have 2.5 ft from bottom of tray to top of light. I have to train, and super crop like crazy but I prefer to have little stem anyway. Yeild canbe effected but that's where numbers come into play.

I prefer over a month of veg but don't have the space.

soserthc1

soserthc1

very cool examples .... i personally like to veg 30-45 days but you also need to consider container size as once the plant becomes root bound your not gonna get much more out of it..... but 30-45 days seems good for 5z to 16z in a 5 gal container ....strain depended under a 600hps ......

Nutts

Nutts

It all depends on your grow space. Some ppl don't have the height to veg for 30 days. With my 1k and tray I have 2.5 ft from bottom of tray to top of light. I have to train, and super crop like crazy but I prefer to have little stem anyway. Yeild canbe effected but that's where numbers come into play.

I prefer over a month of veg but don't have the space.

I personally am impatient I guess. I'd love to veg for two months. Lol. One thin I noticed a far as my growing goes is I start having defficiency problems with the older plants. The smaller ones no problems. They stay super green and healthy till I start the regular water during flushing period
Have you noticed its harder to maintain an older plant?

Nutts

Nutts

And I'm sorry guys I totaly did not take space into my thinking my dimentions are five by four and a half. And I can raise the lights six feet if I need to. I never let em pass three foot as at as plant height because I feel like ill never be able to keep it all lit up

Nutts

Nutts

cool to see the dif on that strain with the dif veg times.i like a longer veg myself,and i hardly ever flower anything untill its had a good 2 months veg.
I see your avatar is a bent stock. Do you do a shitload of supercropping to keep em low ? A two month veg is insane. They must be beasts. I'm gonna go see of you've got a thread

sixstring

sixstring

i only have a few spots in my room with low clearance so i usually dont have to bend em much but im not affraid to pinch n roll if they get too close to the lights :)i run my veg bigger then it needs to be so i always have a few nice plants to flower,and alot of stuff ends up vegging 3+ months these days.if i really want to see something ill put em in early around 8-10 weeks but im pretty good about waiting.

Nutts

Nutts

i only have a few spots in my room with low clearance so i usually dont have to bend em much but im not affraid to pinch n roll if they get too close to the lights :)i run my veg bigger then it needs to be so i always have a few nice plants to flower,and alot of stuff ends up vegging 3+ months these days.if i really want to see something ill put em in early around 8-10 weeks but im pretty good about waiting.
Nice. Ill be a lot more patient a week from now when I am holding my papers in my hand. Ya know ? Can I ask how much light your using and how large of containers

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
JUST seeing the difference in veg times for comparison is very helpful. I've gone ahead and put some clones into my flower room because I did such a great job at fucking up my timer--they were supposed to go outside. But last week I saw that they were well into flower and I figured why not just flower them out? This thread is leading me to think in a different way. Thanks!

Nutts

Nutts

JUST seeing the difference in veg times for comparison is very helpful. I've gone ahead and put some clones into my flower room because I did such a great job at fucking up my timer--they were supposed to go outside. But last week I saw that they were well into flower and I figured why not just flower them out? This thread is leading me to think in a different way. Thanks!
No problem bro. It's just something I hadn't seen but would have liked to early on when I started a major question new growers are always asking is howich will this yeild. Now maybe someone will have a guideline to go by I'm about to update them now

Nutts

Nutts

So here's an update for day twenty three. Or twenty four can't remember lol whatever. This is the zero veg time plant. Which btw still has her cotodendryns (spelling?) looks like just the main stalk is really filling. Not so much on the lowers.

Nutts

Nutts

The two week veg is really doing a lot more as far as yeild. She had just enough time to even her canopy.

Nutts

Nutts

But the thirty day Vegd plants forgetaboutit they blow the others away its not even funny. This one is producing so much more so much faster its taking way more nutes.

Top Bottom