How much water did your plants consume during their flower period?

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

I had a 60 day flower period. 8 weeks. Fed the plants roughly 10-12 times with 1 to 1.5 gal each feeding.

so my plants drank about 15 gallons each during their entire flower period. Doesn’t seem like much for 2 months veg and 5 gallon fabric pots.

if I add up this schedule it sure isn’t much. My plants didn’t eat and drink much. Maybe that’s why they were pathetic twigs yielding only 2 oz each?

I see hydro guys plants will fill my entire tent and drink 5 gallons a day alone... maybe that’s the trick?
I had no roots, drank no water/nutrients and got no yield

How much do your plants drink during their flower period?

How much water did your plants consume during their flower period
How much water did your plants consume during their flower period 2
How much water did your plants consume during their flower period 3
How much water did your plants consume during their flower period 4
How much water did your plants consume during their flower period 5
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I watered a gallon every 1-2 days during mid flower but by the end it wasn't drinking too much, maybe 1 gallon every 3-4 days.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well at peak flower under 600w HPS lamps in #3 nursery pots they average 1.25 gallons 2-3 times per week. Maybe 1.25 gallons 1-2 times per week the first 2 weeks. And a 10 week flower time average.

so max water for max yield (7.75 oz is the record so far).

4.5 gal first 2 weeks and 3.75 gal for 8 weeks is 30 gals.

So most water used was 34.5 gallons of water in flower with 6 week veg first.

whew!

CF89

CF89

So you guys are both at 30 gallons or so during flower.

I’m thinking I waited too long between waterings as I was waiting for the pots to be feather light. The plants never showed signs of being thirsty.

I feel like I starved mine and barely fed them watering to runoff and waiting till bone dry to re water.

CF89

CF89

My plant only drank like 40ml of flora micro, 30ml of floragro, etc. Should a small bottle last me two grows? Just doesn’t seem like they’re eating much and producing much.

it all points towards going hydro ASAP!!!

beluga

beluga

My aero girls often drink 2-3 gallons a day, between 9 plants. Assuming they'll flower for only 8 weeks and drink 2 gallons a day... about 112 gallons/9 = 12 gallons/plant. But that's kind of irrelevant.
I've noticed this 2-3 gallon/day habit from previous grows, too, with 8-12 plants in one reservoir.
Serious estimation here.. I've never actually taken good notes on that and it definitely varies with the stage of growth. Early flower can see them drinking almost 5 gallons in a day... from my rough estimation.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’m thinking I waited too long between waterings as I was waiting for the pots to be feather light. The plants never showed signs of being thirsty.

I feel like I starved mine and barely fed them watering to runoff and waiting till bone dry to re water.

i do that every time. Water to at least 20% runoff to help clear out the calcium from my well water and then wait till dry and light. Almost too dry.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My plant only drank like 40ml of flora micro, 30ml of floragro, etc. Should a small bottle last me two grows? Just doesn’t seem like they’re eating much and producing much.

it all points towards going hydro ASAP!!!

im at 5-10 ml foliage pro per week so far. With pure blend pro grow it was 10-15ml each watering in flower.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

As I mentioned in another thread, it looks pretty clear that the soil in your fabric pots was rarely, if ever, uniformly moist. You have no roots that went into the fabric pot, or even came near it.

Roots grow toward water. They will never explore dry soil. So your plants grew in less than 5 gallons of soil. How much less? You'd have to break open that ball of soil to find out.

When growing in soil, the size of the plant is determined by genetics, growing conditions and the amount of soil/size of the pot. When you utilize all the soil, your plants and yields will be bigger.

You can wait until the soil is fairly dry to water again, but you need to water more thoroughly and get the entire amount wet.

growsince79

growsince79

I had a 60 day flower period. 8 weeks. Fed the plants roughly 10-12 times with 1 to 1.5 gal each feeding.

so my plants drank about 15 gallons each during their entire flower period. Doesn’t seem like much for 2 months veg and 5 gallon fabric pots.

if I add up this schedule it sure isn’t much. My plants didn’t eat and drink much. Maybe that’s why they were pathetic twigs yielding only 2 oz each?

I see hydro guys plants will fill my entire tent and drink 5 gallons a day alone... maybe that’s the trick?
I had no roots, drank no water/nutrients and got no yield

How much do your plants drink during their flower period?
Did you water slowly and get 15% runoff every time? My 3 gal pots get 5 quarts every 3 days.

linde

linde

yes cannabis isn't a succulent. it loves water. don't be afraid to let them drink.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
44 gallons of nutrients every other day,
Thats 176 gallons a week.
12 plants in 25 gallon pots.
That equals out to 14.66666666666667 gallons of nutrients per serving per day of feeding.

CF89

CF89

I got my entire pot wet. Watered super slow and it saturated the entire top then soaked down slowly. I did dig into the side of the pot and did find super thin roots about an inch or so in. But nothing too crazy.

I did water till runoff. Maybe not quite 15% but I got them to drip a cup or so each time. Every 6 or so days.

I was told they prefer to be underwatered than over. Root rot. Let the pots completely dry (took 5-7 days) All that stuff.

growsince79

growsince79

I got my entire pot wet. Watered super slow and it saturated the entire top then soaked down slowly. I did dig into the side of the pot and did find super thin roots about an inch or so in. But nothing too crazy.

I did water till runoff. Maybe not quite 15% but I got them to drip a cup or so each time. Every 6 or so days.

I was told they prefer to be underwatered than over. Root rot. Let the pots completely dry (took 5-7 days) All that stuff.
Thats strange, it should hold more. Maybe you used too much perlite.

CF89

CF89

3:1.

3.6 scoops promix. 1.3 scoop perlite. Mix it up. There’s my 5 gal mix.

Took 1.25 gallons to get the bottom to drip. I usually fed em 1 gallon.

937D1E2F 68ED 4BDE BE69 7FF6074CFDBC
E86162DA 074D 4CCE 970F DE934DDECF16
Porky1982

Porky1982

I use dirt in 22 litre pots not sure what the conversation to your weird imperial system is for that but I think it’s about 5gal.
My plants drink about 2 to 3 litres a day.
How much a plant drinks is dependent on the size of the plant and the environmental conditions eg hot days the plant will drink more.

linde

linde

yup a bunch of misinformation. well now you know to water the piss out of them. I've never had root rot one single time in over 30 years of growing......honest to god! In fact Ive never even heard of it until 2 months ago when i joined the Farm.

CF89

CF89

I use dirt in 22 litre pots not sure what the conversation to your weird imperial system is for that but I think it’s about 5gal.
My plants drink about 2 to 3 litres a day.
How much a plant drinks is dependent on the size of the plant and the environmental conditions eg hot days the plant will drink more.

18.9L is 5 gallon. Every good Canadian knows that. It’s the big oil pails haha.

My temps were normal. Nothing too crazy. 25C or 75-80f. Followed the vpd chart pretty decently.
2-3L a day is a lot. Way more than me. I’m averaging .75L a day. Very interesting.

all this discussion taught me something that’s for sure, and hopefully someone else in the future... more water is better!!

Porky1982

Porky1982

18.9L is 5 gallon. Every good Canadian knows that. It’s the big oil pails haha.

My temps were normal. Nothing too crazy. 25C or 75-80f. Followed the vpd chart pretty decently.
2-3L a day is a lot. Way more than me. I’m averaging .75L a day. Very interesting.

all this discussion taught me something that’s for sure, and hopefully someone else in the future... more water is better!!
How big were your plants??

Latest posts

Top Bottom