how much water?

• Thread starter 420VISION
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420VISION

how much water should i give my 2 week old seedlings?

im thinking about a water bottle full per plant twice a week is this ok?

or should i fill it up to the top and let them drench?

L

LUDACRIS.

how much water should i give my 2 week old seedlings?

im thinking about a water bottle full per plant twice a week is this ok?

or should i fill it up to the top and let them drench?

Just keep the soil moist. Its also good to let canna plants to go through a wet and dry cycle in soil for maximum growth and root strength. Let the pots go dry and then lift them to feel the weight of them then water (not so much that it leaks from the bottom pot holes. Just water until you see a slight run of of water coming from the bottom pot holes and thats it). Then lift the pots about 10 mins later and feel how heavy they are and the will be much heavier. By doing this you will be able to judge how dry your plants are through time you will know when the do or do not need watering.

(good luck as it does get easier to judge when to water).

LUDA.
:bongsmi:

O

oboy

Just keep the soil moist. Its also good to let canna plants to go through a wet and dry cycle in soil for maximum growth and root strength. Let the pots go dry and then lift them to feel the weight of them then water (not so much that it leaks from the bottom pot holes. Just water until you see a slight run of of water coming from the bottom pot holes and thats it). Then lift the pots about 10 mins later and feel how heavy they are and the will be much heavier. By doing this you will be able to judge how dry your plants are through time you will know when the do or do not need watering.

(good luck as it does get easier to judge when to water).

LUDA.
:bongsmi:

Pretty much what I do. Once in a blue they go too long without and start to wilt. I just water well and they bounce back pretty quickly. I do try to avoid that so it doesn't happen often. That wilting can't be good.

Don't transplant into large pots too soon. It will make watering harder to judge since the pots remain watered and heavy longer than expected.

Good luck with the grow

L

LUDACRIS.

Pretty much what I do. Once in a blue they go too long without and start to wilt. I just water well and they bounce back pretty quickly. I do try to avoid that so it doesn't happen often. That wilting can't be good.

Don't transplant into large pots too soon. It will make watering harder to judge since the pots remain watered and heavy longer than expected.

Good luck with the grow

The wilting of the main stem to a certain extent is fine and only makes for a stronger/thicker stem and root growth. I just get in to the lift the pot method and when you are confident with that you will know when to water.
:lock:

Top Bottom