• Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Here's my equipment:
2x2x4ft tent
600w Tolys blurple (I think it pulls 60-70w)
Vivosun inline fan and carbon filter
Blizzard 8 inch oscillating fan but it doesn't oscillate because it broke
7 gallon fabric pot
Amazon basics mini space heater
75% of this no name soil from Rona, 12.5% perlite and 12.5% vermiculite.
General hydroponics flora trio
trellis net
Gorilla glue seed from Quebec Cannabis seeds
etc. I don't think there's anything else that matters.

I almost definitely forgot details so feel free to ask any questions.

Ok so I started my gorilla glue on July 12th from seed in a shot glass and it popped in less than 12 hours somehow and then I put in in paper towel until I got a good tap root and then I planted it on the 14th (2 days after it went in the water). I sprayed it with water around everyday.
It came out of the soil the next day but the seed was still stuck on it because I never plant the seed deep enough so I took it off with tweezers.
I guess I'll put pics from general week increments, I don't have pictures from every single day but it'll be close.
July 15th/week 1:
I put the lights immediately to 18/6 and had the light at the highest height.
week1.jpg

July 19th/week 2:
I was trying to keep rh around 80% but I don't have a humidifier so it was hard. Temps were 30c/86f during the day and 27c/81f during the night. I was still just spraying the soil and leaves everyday.
week2.jpg

July 27th/week 3:
I transplanted into a 1 gallon plastic pot even though it was still very small. I started using nutrients and watering normally, 1ml of each per gallon in tap water with a ph of around 7 (I didn't and still don't have any ph down but I'll get it for the next grow) I also lowered the rh to around 65-70.
week3.jpg

August 2nd/week 4:
Again I transplanted into a the 7 gallon but the roots were no where near strong enough to hold the soil together and the bottom half broke but the growth of the plant didn't really seem to be effected for some reason. I slowly raised the nutrient amount each watering. I changed temps to 27c/81f during the day and 23c/73f during the night.
week4.jpg

August 10th/week 5:
So the internodes were almost nonexistent so I wanted to get it to grow taller so I did some lst and I think I cut off a fan leaf or two. I continued to add more nutrients each watering.
week5.jpg

August 16th/week 6:
Looking at the pictures now, the growth really took off around here but at the time it felt so slow. I added more lst and trimmed a few leaves here and there to open everything up slightly because it was so short. I lowered the temps for a final time until flower to 25c/77f during the day and 23c/73f during the night.
week6.jpg

August 24th/week 7:
I don't think I changed anything that week except that I kept raising the nutrients. I think they were up to 3ml of each per gallon at this point and I did some more lst and light defoliation.
week7.jpg

August 30th/week 8:
I added the trellis net and started spreading it out with that. Throughout the next week I lollipopped around 1/3 of the bottom. I also cut off all of the fan leaves that were connected to branches (none that were connected to buds other than the lollipopping.
week8.jpg

For some reason I didn't take any more pics of it until September 10th
On September 9th, I watered with 5 ml of each and turned off the heater and took out all the wet paper towels I was using for humidity and I put the plant into a 48 hour dark period. The temps were 20-21/68/70f and the rh was around 55.
September 10th/week 9:
The dark period was a bad idea and it gave my plant an iron deficiency but that was solved in a few days.
I didn't turn off the blue on my light, for some reason the picture is red, I don't know why.
week9.jpg

Again, I didn't take pictures that week so I guess I'll just talk about it. . I started raising the bloom and lowering the gro until it was 2.5 gro, 5 micro and 7.5 bloom. The iron problem slowly solved itself.
September 23rd/week 11:
Buds were starting to form and the internodes were stretching A LOT.
week11.jpg

September 29th/week 12:
I raised the nutrients to 3ml gro, 6ml micro and 9ml bloom. I did a bit of defoliation here and there on the big fan leaves that were covering everything and the ones at the bottom that weren't getting any light.
week12.jpg

October 6th/week 13:
The next while was just waiting, I didn't change anything.
week13.jpg
2week13.jpg

October 12th/week 14:
This week I added a second trellis net and started to add 3ml of molasses and each watering I added 1ml more until 9ml.
1week14.jpg
2week14.jpg

October 18th/week 15:
For some reason I thought I was 2 weeks from harvest and flushed 10+ gallons through the soil with tap water and started only using tap water with no nutrients when watering.

IMG_4027.jpg

October 24th/just before week 16:
Nothing new except that some time over then next couple weeks I flushed another 10 gallons of tap water.
2week16.jpg
week16.jpg

November 1st/week 17:
Still no signs of the flush which I thought was bad but it was still far from ready so it turned out to be a good thing.
2week17.jpg

I can only attach 20 files so I'll continue below.

Last edited:
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Week17

Nothing new happened for the next few weeks so I'll skip them.
On November 19th, the leaves started changing colour:
Leafchangingcolour
November19

By the 27th, the full top layer was purple and yellow and the buds were really starting to frost up.
November27

I turned off the lights at 8:00pm on the 29th and then harvested 24 hours later.
November30
Maincola

I did half wet trim and now I'm waiting for them to be done drying and I'll dry trim the other half.
In the drying tent, it is 20.5c/69f and 45-50% rh.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nice job! Looks great.
If i can add anything id suggest adjusting your drying parameters if possible. Its a bit warm and dry, id recommend increasing humidity closer to 60% and decreasing the temp closer to 60f.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Nice job! Looks great.
If i can add anything id suggest adjusting your drying parameters if possible. Its a bit warm and dry, id recommend increasing humidity closer to 60% and decreasing the temp closer to 60f.
Any ideas on how I can do that?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Nice write up man, looks like it will be a nice harvest 😎
Nice job! Looks great.
nice looking plant. well done
Nice man!
And you've got all this concern over which light to get... looks like you'll do fine growing under whatever.
Thanks everyone, it means a lot.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The temp dropped to 20 and the humidity dropped to 42.
I'm scared to put something wet in the tent because I feel like it will raise the humidity way too much but I don't have a humidifier, any ideas?
It just snowed here a lot so should I bring some in to help with the temp and rh?
Also the tent smells a lot less, is that normal?

thedubside

thedubside

looks awesome man! ive heard from a few people the smell will fade as the chlorophyl degrades but should come back when curing. how much did it weigh wet? keep us updated regarding the smell and first smoke!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
looks awesome man! ive heard from a few people the smell will fade as the chlorophyl degrades but should come back when curing. how much did it weigh wet? keep us updated regarding the smell and first smoke!
I didn't weight it wet. It sort of seems irrelevant because the stems weigh so much.

grandorange

grandorange

I've sprayed the walls with water and used a pale of water or wet towel at air intake vent before I got my humidifier... it can be a temporary work around??

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I've sprayed the walls with water and used a pale of water or wet towel at air intake vent before I got my humidifier... it can be a temporary work around??
That's what I was thinking but I feel like it would raise the rh too much. I'll play around with it.

Top Bottom