How my grow went if anyone cares.

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

I have limited space so I can't have a mother.
Should I just get 5 or 10 of one kind and keep growing it?
If you know you like the smoke, absolutely.
Also, mothers can be kept in very small spaces with very little resources... just for your consideration. Even a box a fraction of the size of what you flower in stacked on top of said flowering box...

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
If you know you like the smoke, absolutely.
Also, mothers can be kept in very small spaces with very little resources... just for your consideration. Even a box a fraction of the size of what you flower in stacked on top of said flowering box...
I'd rather just buy seeds.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
that's the whole catch though....everybody wants to just grow seeds because it's easier. the problem is you will always end up with something different.....most of the time for the worse. find a good mother that you really like and clone it so every plant is what you are looking for. seeds are always a crap shoot.
But if it's always the same then you just adapt to that and don't learn. Plus with a mother you have to pay for all of the stuff to keep it alive.

linde

linde

But if it's always the same then you just adapt to that and don't learn. Plus with a mother you have to pay for all of the stuff to keep it alive.
true true. But personally with myself I simply don't need the practice. I've learned and seen every possible scenario 5 times over in my 32 year grow career. To me it's second nature and I do what I know works the best. There is no guessing with me. Nothing wrong at all with growing seeds if that's your cup of tea. Experimenting is always a good way to learn.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
That is a lot of weed from 1 plant....got a lot of love and care from the grower and it shows
Thanks, my goal was 4 oz but I don't think I quite made it but we'll see soon.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I managed to get the temp down to 18c/64f and rh to 60-62 and the wet trims are rehydrating so I'm happy again.
Dryingday3

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Just making sure, I should cut them down when the stems snap but don't break right?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Are you asking how long before trimming? I let them hang until I can break the buds off the main stem. The big stems should snap but not break in half.
My buds are relatively small and I feel like they're pretty dry but the stems aren't snapping.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I found a trick that's working for me for drying conditions.
I lined the bottom with wet papertowels and a cup with water in it in the middle with papertowel hanging out the sides to help keep all of the papertowels moist. I turned off my inline fan and I check the rh every hour or so to see if the rh has gone above 62 and if it has, I turn on the fan until the rh goes back down to 62 (sort of like burping jars). The buds are dry enough that I'm not really worried about mold if I follow this process.
While I'm asleep, I obviously can't check it regularly so should I turn off the fan and take out some papertowels and hope no mold grows or should I just add as much water and papertowel as possible and trun on the fan?

thedubside

thedubside

I found a trick that's working for me for drying conditions.
I lined the bottom with wet papertowels and a cup with water in it in the middle with papertowel hanging out the sides to help keep all of the papertowels moist. I turned off my inline fan and I check the rh every hour or so to see if the rh has gone above 62 and if it has, I turn on the fan until the rh goes back down to 62 (sort of like burping jars). The buds are dry enough that I'm not really worried about mold if I follow this process.
While I'm asleep, I obviously can't check it regularly so should I turn off the fan and take out some papertowels and hope no mold grows or should I just add as much water and papertowel as possible and trun on the fan?
i'd prob turn fan off and take out the paper towels, humidity should go up a little at night anyway

grandorange

grandorange

maybe just reduce them then, leave some, even if its at around 50% shouldnt make a big differnce for one night
My 4x4 gg tent was between 45% - 55% took 8 days (cut and hung whole plant) then branches snapped but didn't break off, trimmed and all were mid to high 60% rh after 24 hrs in jars, the rh slowly dropped to 58% - 63% then I dropped 61% humidifier packets and now they remain in that range as I check them day, aroma and looks still improving, a beautiful thing to watch.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
My 4x4 gg tent was between 45% - 55% took 8 days (cut and hung whole plant) then branches snapped but didn't break off, trimmed and all were mid to high 60% rh after 24 hrs in jars, the rh slowly dropped to 58% - 63% then I dropped 61% humidifier packets and now they remain in that range as I check them day, aroma and looks still improving, a beautiful thing to watch.
Dry trim?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
My wet trims are just about ready at around 6 days which definitely isn't ideal but the dry trims are probably going to be done in around 4 or 5 days which will be good.

Top Bottom