how often do you change out your rez using aquaflake?

• Thread starter CannaColorado
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CannaColorado

Hey,

so i am running aqua flakes for the first time in an 18 bucket DWC. I was wondering, in flower how often do yall change out the nutrients? Every week like the schedule says? that seems kinda expensive hahah, i have like 50 gallons of water so does anyone have any recomendations?

the calculator says the additives are multi zen and roots and drip clean weeks 1-4 and then bud XL is switched out for the multi zen in week 4, so i figured id do a rez change there and do one in week 5 when i add the shooting powder. then lastly in week 6 it goes back to the bud xl so i figure id do one change there.

Thats only three rez changes, what are your thoughts on that?

thanks yall

i am finishing up the room today and then ill post some pictures

X

Xceptional

i'd say if you feel like being risky give it a shot you may save yourself some coin. i start my first H&G aquaflakes run today and i'll be changing the res faithfully without hesitation like Kpezzy....

Boylobster

Boylobster

Hey, just for clarity, you guys mean that you flush your *entire* system and refresh with the week's recommended nutes? You're not just referring to the top-off reservoir? I know some people recommend that practice, but that seems like a hell of a lot of both nutes and RO to send down the drain every week... :thinking

C

CannaColorado

Oh boy oh boy, thats what i am plannin on doin then. Do your PPMs usually run lower with aquaflakes than other nutes? I remember DD sayin something about it. I mixed at 5 ml of a + b and the look a little hungry, do you think 6ml is crazy on clones?

S

steelyeyes

Every 6-7 days. My plants start flipping leaves over on day 6 or 7 and a new tank of nute fixes it right away. For newly potted clones I run and EC of 1.0 and they seem to grow pretty fast that way. The second week and on I try to stay at 1.2 EC until they're ready to go in the flower room. My tank in the flower room is running GH 3 part and it's a whole different mix. I don't really like it but I'm going to use it up before blowing money on more Dutch nutes.

Boylobster

Boylobster

Huh. Are you guys all running straight RO water? Tonight marks day 28 of flower for me, and I haven't changed the solution at all yet. I have no way of knowing what things would look like if I had been flushing weekly, but things seem alright... I'll have an update to my log tonight.

I've been using a top-off rez filled with a balanced nute solution, and both the pH and EC of my system have remained very stable. Thoughts?

K

Kpezzy

Huh. Are you guys all running straight RO water? Tonight marks day 28 of flower for me, and I haven't changed the solution at all yet. I have no way of knowing what things would look like if I had been flushing weekly, but things seem alright... I'll have an update to my log tonight.

I've been using a top-off rez filled with a balanced nute solution, and both the pH and EC of my system have remained very stable. Thoughts?

my plants didnt show shit at day 28 really but they are catching up at day 49

HPIM82761
L

Loudblunts

Oh boy oh boy, thats what i am plannin on doin then. Do your PPMs usually run lower with aquaflakes than other nutes? I remember DD sayin something about it. I mixed at 5 ml of a + b and the look a little hungry, do you think 6ml is crazy on clones?

correct, it is a more concentrated nutrient, therefore you will have lower EC than most.

EC will top out around 1.0-1.2 and around the end when adding booster (shooting powder) it may very well hit 1.6-1.8

its some strong shit, but House & Garden is my bitch, i fucks with her hard!

Boylobster

Boylobster

Uh! I hope mine finish that well. After 4 weeks of relative harmony, the pH of my system has begun to drop like a rock. I'm going to flush and refresh soon; I'll let you guys know if it fixes the problem.

Sorry for jacking your thread Colorado, but I'm running Aqua Flakes as well, so my intrusion's at least a little relevant. :)

C

CannaColorado

Every 6-7 days. My plants start flipping leaves over on day 6 or 7 and a new tank of nute fixes it right away. For newly potted clones I run and EC of 1.0 and they seem to grow pretty fast that way. The second week and on I try to stay at 1.2 EC until they're ready to go in the flower room.

thank you for using the universal language of EC, i swear to god i hate ppms

its some strong shit, but House & Garden is my bitch, i fucks with her hard!
lawl

Sorry for jacking your thread Colorado, but I'm running Aqua Flakes as well, so my intrusion's at least a little relevant. :)

fuck you.....:party0033:

Boylobster

Boylobster

Psh, I'll show *you* some hairy dancing monster... :D :D :D

K

Kush321

The first 3 weeks are pretty much the same. I don't change till week 4. Just when you add, add the proper ammount of nutes and keep ppms and ph proper. And shouldn't have any problems. Then change every week to 10 days after that.

V

vertstyle

Every 3 weeks or so. Auto water top off, nutes and ph adjustment every few days.

C

CannaColorado

Every 3 weeks or so. Auto water top off, nutes and ph adjustment every few days.

could you explain how you go about your nute and ph adjustments?

I have just been topping off with RO water and then every few days adding water that is mixed at whatever my concentrations were for that run until i get back to the ppms i desired.

X

Xceptional

i have only topped off with ro water but i think i'll start mixing batches up soon of the nute at schedule and top off with that. did my first res change last night and it was the cleanest res change i could have asked for! no build up no gunk i swear i love this stuff!

and BTW thanks also for using EC i too hate ppm they are pointless if there are two scales that are so far apart and no one ever references which one they use. thank god blue lab put all three in my face to make me realize how useless ppm is as i look at them from low to high.

are you guys running at full strength? I'm running at 75% with Aqua Flakes A&B
and running Root Eccelerator, Drip Clean and great white at full strength (i'm at day one of week 2 of veg)

deacon1503

deacon1503

i have only topped off with ro water but i think i'll start mixing batches up soon of the nute at schedule and top off with that. did my first res change last night and it was the cleanest res change i could have asked for! no build up no gunk i swear i love this stuff!

and BTW thanks also for using EC i too hate ppm they are pointless if there are two scales that are so far apart and no one ever references which one they use. thank god blue lab put all three in my face to make me realize how useless ppm is as i look at them from low to high.

are you guys running at full strength? I'm running at 75% with Aqua Flakes A&B
and running Root Eccelerator, Drip Clean and great white at full strength (i'm at day one of week 2 of veg)

How about an update on the Aqua Flakes?:anim_30:

gisisi

gisisi

correct, it is a more concentrated nutrient, therefore you will have lower EC than most

I hear this a lot about H&G, but I don't get it.
A is 3.1-0.-3.4
B is 1.5-3.4-6.5

This is simalar to most A+B products. If it was more concentrated, these numbers would be bigger.

Top Bottom