• Thread starter forknowledge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jitty bo

jitty bo

ive been using the same bulbs for 2 years and still getting the same weight

jlr42024

jlr42024

Nice I checked and there 66 on greners but anyhow they have another brand plantmax 1000 for $29 and I'm not sure how well they work but if your looking for something cheap. Did hortilux change the box again because the one shown on amazon isn't what I've seen recently?

Last edited:
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

After 12 months 4 months 24 8 months 12-12, the yeilds drop consistently. Buy 18 months to 24 months your lights will yeild like a fucking cfl.

That's at least what I have noticed. I'm roll with 3-4, But trust me, if you forget. You will rember come harvest time. Best to change them before, fucking sucks buying bulbs when you only got halph what you expected.

though thats interesting and i have no doubt hat its true...i still get between 1.5 and 2 # per light...on 6 year old bulbs i dont see myself doing so well on cfl bulbs....

to be honest when i first started indoor just over 12 years ago, i would change my bulbs every 2 harvests, but as weed prices drop, i cant afford to buy new bulbs with prices hovering around 1100-1300 for top notch AAA stuff...so i just grind it out, and have not noticed a HUGE loss in yield

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

though thats interesting and i have no doubt hat its true...i still get between 1.5 and 2 # per light...on 6 year old bulbs i dont see myself doing so well on cfl bulbs....

2gs per on a 6 year old bulb? That's better than me on fresh ones :)

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

2gs per on a 6 year old bulb? That's better than me on fresh ones :)

hortilux is the only bulb i use, i have noticed lower yields from the generic 40$ bulbs than my 6 yr old hortilux lol

also strain def plays a huge role in yeild, lets not forget...i run my deezyD, which dont require a lot of light, where if i was running a og kush i would need more light and still get less than my deezyD

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

1300 :,( that's fucked up MAN! I couldn't afford bulbs at that ticket! Nutes plus, electric. I would have to quadruple my grow! If not double quadruple, Just to make ends meet.

At that ticket, if you fuck up, your outa the game. That shit is scary!

How do you get 2# pet light. I'm not questioning your ability. I need 2# per light! Like last year.

I will test out what your saying, on one light and see.

When I noticed it, I was useing hotalux.

But with that said! I wasn't a seasoned grower like I am now.

Fuck who am I kidding I still suck. Just not as bad.

with this method here

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/joe-fresh-goes-full-circle.65246/

added info to what isnt in that thread would be:

about 10 plants per light
lights 18" away from tallest plant
3 weeks veg

the day you flip to 12/12:
FIM all plants, clean out the bottom popcorn stuf without giving a full on lollypop, but making sure anything not getting sufficient light gets eliminated
then give a 36hr darkness, start counting flowering days when you turn lights back on
continue to give veg ferts for the first 2 weeks of flower(the transition period)
after that switch to flowering ferts(i use 15-15-30)

thats pretty much is, keep it simple, i tried to improve this, but just kept getting mediocre results, ive gone back to this and have not regretted it

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
I use the cheapest bulb out and my last grow was the 4th grow on them and still hit 3lb + on my plants.

way2green

way2green

I must be crazy as hell changing my hortilux 1000's every 6 months. Sounds like you guys are stretching out your usage and stilll having success. I also change out my digilux bulbs whichiI use in my digital 1000 watt hps every 6 months. Although I did just have a digilux blowout early this month. No worries cuz the grow store warrantied it. I try to run 7 maybe 8 plants per light. If i don't get 2# plus I will change bulbs and strains!!!!

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
I don't hit 2+ on how many per light I grow or strain it more of how I grow. These guys hitting 2 per light in dirt are killing it but then again I've grown very very little in dirt. Good luck w2g

way2green

way2green

Thx doc,
I only use soil that I put a lot of time into getting it just the way I want it. My lights are set up over 4×4 tables. I can't get many plants under each light but I can access each plant easily and rotate them. I have to get more weight on less plants because I fear Mandatory Minimum jail sentences. I just will not have many plants at a time.

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Thx doc,
I only use soil that I put a lot of time into getting it just the way I want it. My lights are set up over 4×4 tables. I can't get many plants under each light but I can access each plant easily and rotate them. I have to get more weight on less plants because I fear Mandatory Minimum jail sentences. I just will not have many plants at a time.

Are you opposed to hydro?

way2green

way2green

I am not Som opposed to hydro. I actually think it would be great to have everything on timers. Watering and feeding etc....
Hell, I would be at the beach vacationing with my family right now instead of being home playing cultivator.
The truth is that I just like the taste and smell and high and of course the yield of growing organic.

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Check my thread in tree section a a different system might be a way for you to drop plant limits while upping your yield. Just a suggestion.

urban1026835

urban1026835

I buy cheap ass bulbs so I tend to replace them about every 2 grows just because.

I am not Som opposed to hydro. I actually think it would be great to have everything on timers. Watering and feeding etc....
Hell, I would be at the beach vacationing with my family right now instead of being home playing cultivator.
The truth is that I just like the taste and smell and high and of course the yield of growing organic.
why cant you just use a res/pump/& timer and stay organic to automate.

Top Bottom