• Tagged users None
rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Every 120-125 days of 12/12 for me, but I only have to buy 2 1k bulbs

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

I find when they catch on fire is a mighty fine time to change them! LOL Yea the night my 16 yr old son is at the house as we walk into the kitchen to check out the smell (like I really had to check), smoke coming out of a vent I have hooked to the light air I use to air cool bulbs an heat the house. Well I had to open the door before I burnt down the house! Luckily the flames were contained within the glass tubes I was using at the time but yea I thinking of maybe more regular maintenance ever since but best intentions. Yet my son just staring with his hands out saying "hate for mom to learn of this", LOL thats my son!

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

though thats interesting and i have no doubt hat its true...i still get between 1.5 and 2 # per light...on 6 year old bulbs i dont see myself doing so well on cfl bulbs....

to be honest when i first started indoor just over 12 years ago, i would change my bulbs every 2 harvests, but as weed prices drop, i cant afford to buy new bulbs with prices hovering around 1100-1300 for top notch AAA stuff...so i just grind it out, and have not noticed a HUGE loss in yield

Wow that isn't dollars is it? I'm assuming a whole unit? I get $1k a Q or $4k a pound but only sell Q's. I know some people bitch but really, find it cheaper if you can, well they can't. Okay some in Colorado an Cali beating the price but now count shipping an security, my price is at your front door on demand. Yea I would have to roll up shop at those prices. Yet I don't hear bitching at all, if I do I'll just find someone else for that spot on my list!

Of course this is all made up an doesn't really happen!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I find when they catch on fire is a mighty fine time to change them! LOL Yea the night my 16 yr old son is at the house as we walk into the kitchen to check out the smell (like I really had to check), smoke coming out of a vent I have hooked to the light air I use to air cool bulbs an heat the house. Well I had to open the door before I burnt down the house! Luckily the flames were contained within the glass tubes I was using at the time but yea I thinking of maybe more regular maintenance ever since but best intentions. Yet my son just staring with his hands out saying "hate for mom to learn of this", LOL thats my son!
How old was that bulb? That sounds scary

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Have a chart and change every 6 months. Thankfully they don't all come due at the same time would hurt.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

How old was that bulb? That sounds scary

Could of been very scary but it wasn't, I remember my son with his hand out, LOL. No one knew the room was there, it was a work of art! It seems to me every time you get up an running really good an everything just right something happens an you find yourself in a new place or a place you haven't used in a while. Yet I find it rather exhilarating the starting of a brand new place an grow!

How old was the light? Really don't know, we were in the middle of expansion an needed a light on the cheap, got the ballast an hood with bulb for a hundred from another person that participated in these adventures, use it for about 6 months I would say, not really sure? Yea I'm capable of some real back woods shit dude. Cardboard we get from the grocery store that comes on pallets of what have you an making a wall out of it! At least till you fall an fall right thru it!

Top Bottom