How often should i top dress worm castings?

• Thread starter bguwop420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bguwop420

bguwop420

Once a week? Every 2 weeks? Only have applied castings once about a week ago

mike88

mike88

I think worm castings last between 4-6 weeks , I've just started growing organically and I added worm castings into my soil mix before planting and done a top dress around 4 weeks after planting.

bguwop420

bguwop420

I think worm castings last between 4-6 weeks , I've just started growing organically and I added worm castings into my soil mix before planting and done a top dress around 4 weeks after planting.
Ok bet

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Earthworm castings and other amendments are part of my soil mixture. I keep some of the mixture for top dressing when I add nutrients. I top dress about every two weeks.

bguwop420

bguwop420

Earthworm castings and other amendments are part of my soil mixture. I keep some of the mixture for top dressing when I add nutrients. I top dress about every two weeks.
Ok thanks for the reply..I think 2 weeks for top dressing is the average answer

bguwop420

bguwop420

I think so. What might be different is what's in the top dressing. I don't use the same mixture every two weeks.
Yea I used Dr Earth 444 and Oregon Worm Works Earthworm Castings..what do you top dress with ?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Yea I used Dr Earth 444 and Oregon Worm Works Earthworm Castings..what do you top dress with ?
Every four weeks, I top dress with Gaia Green All Purpose 4-4-4 for veg and Power Bloom 2-8-4 for flowering. This works well, but I'm thinking of trying something else that's easier to get where I live. I also add Azomite, gypsum and Epsom salt every two weeks. I mix it all in a jar with some soil and top dress with the mixture. Mixing it with soil keeps the dust out of the air.

Top Bottom