How old is dispensery weed?

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Just wondering how long they wait to throw away weed. Here in smokelahoma, the stores are selling $75oz and $350oz of the same strain. Want gg4? You can either pay $3.50/g or 17.50/g. I assume the cheap is 2 years old but idk. I sampled some of my one year weed last 4-20 and it was noticeably weaker then when it was new. I tried it again on 10-20 and its nowhere near what it was 18months ago. I'll try again on 4-20 when it will be 2 years old and probably worthless.
Just wondering if anyone knew. And also wondering who buys $75 oz?

linde

linde

probably at their discretion. a guy I talked to in Michigan said they go 90 days if it don't sell they make hash and edibles out of it.

growsince79

growsince79

probably at their discretion. a guy I talked to in Michigan said they go 90 days if it don't sell they make hash and edibles out of it.
Thats what I would think too. Just dont understand this $75 oz thing. wtf would smoke it?

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Washington state here.
Most is 4-8 weeks from harvest.
Price is usually more based off of the brand and/or bag appeal.
Inventory is taken in on consignment... But turns over quickly.
flu has caused a spike in demand, and prices have gone up as much as 20%.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

75$ per, let's say a crappy rosin yield pressed would be 12% and top shelf at $350 had a super yield of 24%.

Not taking into the lost Terps, the 75$ weed is half the price.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's not just the amount of time on the shelf. If the dispensary got weed from different sources, they may be from different phenos.

I don't know how things are in OK, but when things started in MI, dispensaries got their weed from medical and hobby growers. Some had great phenos, others didn't. Some were just doing runs of fems, rather than clones, increasing variability.

That said, when I visited Colorado last year for work, I got two eighths at a local dispensary. One was excellent, the other was shit. The date on the shitty one was 6 months old. In MI, weed never sat on the shelf that long, so it was unexpected. If I return to a dispensary again, I'll check dates.

growsince79

growsince79

75$ per, let's say a crappy rosin yield pressed would be 12% and top shelf at $350 had a super yield of 24%.

Not taking into the lost Terps, the 75$ weed is half the price.
Lost terps? What about lost potency? If it wasn't for flu, Id go waste $3.50 press it and see.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Lost terps? What about lost potency? If it wasn't for flu, Id go waste $3.50 press it and see.
If it's been half ass stored properly in 90 days probably not much but 2 year old bud?

It would be an interesting trial.

growsince79

growsince79

It's not just the amount of time on the shelf. If the dispensary got weed from different sources, they may be from different phenos.

I don't know how things are in OK, but when things started in MI, dispensaries got their weed from medical and hobby growers. Some had great phenos, others didn't. Some were just doing runs of fems, rather than clones, increasing variability.

That said, when I visited Colorado last year for work, I got two eighths at a local dispensary. One was excellent, the other was shit. The date on the shitty one was 6 months old. In MI, weed never sat on the shelf that long, so it was unexpected. If I return to a dispensary again, I'll check dates.
Its only medical here but there's more than ten thousand commercial growers for over 300,000 cardholders. The nearest town has 25,000 population and 10 weed stores. I heard OKC has 500+.

growsince79

growsince79

I havent been to CO in years. Last time everything I tried was excellent but expensive, and nothing had a harvest date on it.

JJS009

JJS009

I havent been to CO in years. Last time everything I tried was excellent but expensive, and nothing had a harvest date on it.

my buddy a few months ago brought back 2oz of “top shelf” 30% thc shit from CO. We fired up the frosty bong, smoked the whole damn thing,wasn’t impressed....

The next day grabbed a jar of my blue cheese from this summer outdoor grow, 2 rips off that frosty bong and he was out in left field talking to the folks in the cheep seats. I’ll keep smoking my shit, the dispos can keep their shit

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

GG4 will stay good for years. Most strains will when grown right. Dispensary weed is full of nutes, air freshener and fungs tho.

I have empty jars that smell the same way they did 5 years ago. All you have to do is grow your pot right. No chems, no sprays no cartoon bottles

growsince79

growsince79

GG4 will stay good for years. Most strains will when grown right. Dispensary weed is full of nutes, air freshener and fungs tho.

I have empty jars that smell the same way they did 5 years ago. All you have to do is grow your pot right. No chems, no sprays no cartoon bottles
I strongly disagree. My jars stored in the dark @ 65f are worthless (at least to me) after 2 years. Most are unacceptable to me in one year. Might last longer frozen. Do you have a secret that keeps thc from degrading without freezing?

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Going on vacation to Colorado in a few weeks, I’m hoping to enjoy the smoke out there!!

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

Heres in commiefornia i dont think they wait that long.. however you do often see the same strain sell for either $5 a gram or $15 a gram but thats because they sell popcorn and shake as $5 but actual nuggs at $15 lol

growsince79

growsince79

I have kids and grandkids that live in Bakerfield where they dont allow stores. The pay 50-75 a zip for great home BM stuff.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Well...
IMG 20201212 133044880

There's usually harvest dates.
IMG 20201212 133218399

They had some "OG" for $50 oz... Nope.

Top Bottom