How old is dispensery weed?

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

GG4 will stay good for years. Most strains will when grown right. Dispensary weed is full of nutes, air freshener and fungs tho.

I have empty jars that smell the same way they did 5 years ago. All you have to do is grow your pot right. No chems, no sprays no cartoon bottles

method has nothing to do with it even though you keep repeatIng yourself.

I recently found and posted in my thread 2 jars of 5 year old weed. It was in some luggage back from when i moved here. Been in my open basement since then. It has turned much more amber. Much of the thc has degraded to cbn. It still gets you high though and still tastes smooth and has not lost all its terpenes.

And it still bounces back if you squeeze a bud.

But it was grown in pro mix with botanicare kind nutes.

Where do you get your info?

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Here in Arkansas the stuff is to fresh sometimes it's not even fully cured when you get it .... And prices are 35-55$ a 1/8 depending on brand ...

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
How much was that month old?

The stuff in the bags?... $80 per half oz... Whole ozs are/were $175, but I wanted both kinds, and am limited to purchasing 1 oz... Unless, there's an employee on staff verified to serve medical patients... There never is... System here still very broken.

growsince79

growsince79

The stuff in the bags?... $80 per half oz... Whole ozs are/were $175, but I wanted both kinds, and am limited to purchasing 1 oz... Unless, there's an employee on staff verified to serve medical patients... There never is... System here still very broken.
What do they get for top shelf?

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
What do they get for top shelf?
As in the brand or quality?
The brand "Top Shelf" sells for $150(ish) at that store.
The most expensive ozs, there, are $210... That said, the stuff I brought home is (generally) the best in the store... I have smoked pretty much all of them.
Prices are higher in the cities.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
My Buddy sent me these pics... He's in the city, and this brand is $300+ oz.

Screenshot 20201212 1427132
Screenshot 20201212 1426382

They have a harvest and best by date... First time I've seen that.

Screenshot 20201212 1426552
Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Ye all of ours has harvest dates not best by though ... Check out some of the dispensaries in Arkansas on weed maps you'll see what I mean 🤣

ws2910

ws2910

I have seen differences in prices like this in CO for the same strain (1 was 18% and 2 was 24%). A coupled I spoke with said a lot of their buds is only in store for a few days. I doubt there are many places keeping bud for months on shelf. If they are, something else is wrong.

growsince79

growsince79

I have seen differences in prices like this in CO for the same strain (1 was 18% and 2 was 24%). A coupled I spoke with said a lot of their buds is only in store for a few days. I doubt there are many places keeping bud for months on shelf. If they are, something else is wrong.
Yeah like 10,000 licensed growers for 2,000 dispensaries serving 300,000 patients(who are also allowed to grow). Oklahoma has so much weed its rotting on the shelves. I expect to see a lot of stores closing in the next couple years.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I can't tell you whether many places have old refer or not. I can only tell you my experience from a single visit.

If there's a date on the package, look at it.

ws2910

ws2910

I forgot, one other reason I have seen price difference on the same the strain in a shop is indoor vs outdoor grown. I had the mistake and tried outdoor once and learned they forgot to say Outdoor meant pollinated and full of seed. What can you do when the shop is 10 hours (1 way) away? Grind and save some seed.

ws2910

ws2910

Yeah like 10,000 licensed growers for 2,000 dispensaries serving 300,000 patients(who are also allowed to grow). Oklahoma has so much weed its rotting on the shelves. I expect to see a lot of stores closing in the next couple years.
OK should open up recreational and watch the flood of TX cars :)

growsince79

growsince79

OK should open up recreational and watch the flood of TX cars :)
90% of the population has family in Texas. Hard to believe its all staying in state when you have 1 grocery store towns with 10 weed stores. But idk, I haven't been in a store since the flu. Not missing it at all.

Top Bottom