• Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bongRIPPINchick

alright im babysittin a friends plant since they had sum issues
and cant keep the plant in their crib
here's wat i kno about it------
*lemon berry...
*dont kno the bulb he is using for it but wanted me to keep it under they same way he had it setup so no stress...
*it stretched really bad in the beginning
*tried to super crop couple of bottm branches..didnt work
*no nutes are being applied til sat
*he wants 6 clones possible dont kno when he wants them
*i see 2 mayb 3 canadites but they are not really thick in the stem and are starting their 3 leaf set
*the branches have not started alt yet..
*i believe he said this plant is like 5-7 weeks
*ive had it for a week and did little fim to the bottom to make her bushy and slow her top growth

with that info my question is can i use the 2 at the bottom that have couple nodes to make a clone or shall i wait?????....what is to small to take as clone...still have to find out if its def a girl.. we are leanin towards yes bc of the smell but yet it came as bagseed

*the stems on the leaves have purple on the top but its minor stress
*im only using superthrive thats it and watering when needed

*my camera started dieing on the pics so hopefully tomoro i can get sum batts for it and get better pics if ya'll need

http://i1218.invalid.com/albums/dd406/bongRIPPINGchick/011.jpg
http://i1218.invalid.com/albums/dd406/bongRIPPINGchick/010.jpg
http://i1218.invalid.com/albums/dd406/bongRIPPINGchick/009.jpg
http://i1218.invalid.com/albums/dd406/bongRIPPINGchick/008.jpg
http://i1218.invalid.com/albums/dd406/bongRIPPINGchick/006.jpg
http://i1218.invalid.com/albums/dd406/bongRIPPINGchick/003.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Others may have different experiences, but for me I need at least three nodes to work with when making cuts. Those little bottom branches that are starting to grow that are only one node, if those girls were mine, I'd wait until those lowers got about three or four nodes-worth of growth, then I'd take those. In large part because I find that taking cuts from the lower growth always root more readily, and in part because that shit's gonna get cut out anyway, may as well make them new cuts.

B

bongRIPPINchick

so go by nodes, not by leaf sets....
i fig just take one from the bottom to determine the sex and let the rest grow....
mayb im thinking this wrong but where the branch meets the main stem thats a node but also as leaves grow in isnt that a node too? every set of leaves its a node right?
i just want info on it to pass to my friend so he doesnt have me cut them to early and then they die

B

bongRIPPINchick

Is your friend sure that its a fem?

no we are not sure..kinda why i wanna kno if i can take a tiny clone

we're leaning toward it being a female only bc of the smell is so strong when
u touch the plant or anything...fig its smell is like its attack method..lol

if i just go in and check on the grow room it doesnt really smell

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
so go by nodes, not by leaf sets....
We may be talking about the exact same thing here. What I'm talking about are the places where the leaves have grown from.
i fig just take one from the bottom to determine the sex and let the rest grow....
mayb im thinking this wrong but where the branch meets the main stem thats a node but also as leaves grow in isnt that a node too? every set of leaves its a node right?
i just want info on it to pass to my friend so he doesnt have me cut them to early and then they die
Points where leaves/branches meet are growing nodes, what the leaf is held out on is called a petiole. They aren't sexed yet? Are these seed starts, then? For some reason I got the impression that these are known cuts, rooted, that your friend wants to perpetuate/make more of.

B

bongRIPPINchick

okay okay i see some light....
no sex has been detemined yet....
he found a seed in his bag and started growing it 5-7 weeks ago
i kno he cant take alot of clones off yet like he wants to..but i just wanted to kno if i can take that tiny branch at the bottom to determine sex..is just startin its 3rd set now bc i fim'd it

M

MTM

The only clone thats ready is the main stem,just cut it off at the third node down.All those lower branches are about 2 weeks from getting big enough for the cuts to root.Those small cuts are harder to root..

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

yes u can, but they take longer/have to work harder to root, if its too close to your medium(rockwool especially) the leaves may start to rot off from being constantly wet/super humid they cant breathe through the stomata. ive taken cuts maybe 2" total length n made em work, but i didnt have alot goin on @ the time so i was able to pamper them.

u could top it, those bottom branches will stretch in a few days n be long enough to take as cuts. the longer/thicker the stem the more stored water the plant has to use to propagate itself(ever tried the plastic cup method? it works, just not nearly as high a %)

B

bongRIPPINchick

okay i'll tell him bout the top getting chopped as a clone canidate thanks MTM

well my medium is the jiffy pellets(pucks)...
i also heard to add extra water to the plant before taking a clone that way it has more stored water in it (not necessarily over the plant til its wilted but enuff to have the leaves drop instead of reachin for the light)

time is not the issue for me..i work on my schedule since i have no shop
i just askin whats the min size for a clone bc the bottom branches have 2 goin on 3 nodes

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Let them get to at least four nodes so you have enough material to work with. Another week or so should be enough. Yes, you can do what you're thinking (cut, flip, sex).

B

bongRIPPINchick

Let them get to at least four nodes so you have enough material to work with. Another week or so should be enough. Yes, you can do what you're thinking (cut, flip, sex).

awesome thank you

Top Bottom