How Soon Can I Flush!!

• Thread starter UrbanFarmer1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UrbanFarmer1

UrbanFarmer1

Hello, I am growing 3 plants for hobby, I have them all in 1 5gal bucket. It has been 8 weeks and I have just flushed the 5gal with about 7 gallons of water. I was wondering if the bigger amount water used to flush and being that 3 plants are in 1 5gal bucket if I can harvest earlier or not??! I'm using 2 of the 3 to make concentrates with because they are so kiefy, what's the best way to increase the tricombs before harvest as well?

How soon can i flush
Last edited:
Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

I dont
Hello, I am growing 3 plants for hobby, I have them all in 1 5gal bucket. It has been 8 weeks and I have just flushed the 5gal with about 7 gallons of water. I was wondering if the bigger amount water used to flush and being that 3 plants are in 1 5gal bucket if I can harvest earlier or not??! I'm using 2 of the 3 to make concentrates with because they are so kiefy, what's the best way to increase the tricombs before harvest as well?
idk if im understanding you correctly, you have three plants in one 5gl pot ? Anyhow. ... a proper flush would consist of 3x the container size so 15gl would be better to flush that container size. Switch back to a mh to increase UV a and B.

UrbanFarmer1

UrbanFarmer1

I dont
idk if im understanding you correctly, you have three plants in one 5gl pot ? Anyhow. ... a proper flush would consist of 3x the container size so 15gl would be better to flush that container size. Switch back to a mh to increase UV a and B.
Yes I put 3 plants in 1 5gal bucket, I'm hoping that the 3 plants sharing the same soil would help deprive any residual nutes faster, I'm just using the bud to make wax with so I'm more worried about maximizing tricombs before harvest.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Yes I put 3 plants in 1 5gal bucket, I'm hoping that the 3 plants sharing the same soil would help deprive any residual nutes faster, I'm just using the bud to make wax with so I'm more worried about maximizing tricombs before harvest.
I think you could have had more material to extract trichomes from had you put each one in they're own container. IMHO. .. but that's for next run, right. Yeah switch to MH you'll increase resin production.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

"Flushing" is done in the last 7-10 days, usually only 5 in hydro. Lowering the nutrient strength in the root zone causes osmosis to draw excess elements from the plant, out into the nutrient solution. You can actually watch this process happen with a ppm meter over those 5 days. Cool stuff.

You want more trichomes? You really have to start with the right conditions at the beginning of flower. Trichome density is a genetic expression of the plant, triggered by environment. (look up trichome bearing plants) It's a bit late in the game to *spur* additional trichome production, you're working on filling the trichomes already produced. :)

Resin production is highest when the plant can focus all resources toward that goal. Excessive elements slow that process, improper growing conditions also slow that process. Some conditions can destroy terpenes before harvest as well.

You know you're doing something right when your trichomes are still plump after drying...
cropped-trichomes-on-pink.jpg

Douglas

Latest posts

Top Bottom