How to avoid the popcorn nugs?

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Oh yeah, I'm using a 600w HPS with an aluminum wing hood, I'm growing GHS Big Bang and I got 5 Blueberry seeds germinating right now, 1 Lowes 5 gallon bucket, my AC is on for at least 12 hours a day, I got 1 osscilating fan in the back of my closet, 1 big 20" fan in front of the closet bringing in cool air and 1 small 7" fan blowing underneath my light bulb to blow the hot air away from the canopy. It's kinda ghetto but I rigged it together last year with limited space and I can't modify things how I want because of my landlord, so when I move into a bigger house I'm upgrading everything, I really wanna get a 4'x4' tent with another 600w light.

D-Bud

D-Bud

Sometimes as newer growers we want size.. and to some this might mean tall plants. You just need some fine tweeking on a few things your doing bro and you'd be amazed at the changes.. The strains your running are excellent meds/smoke, but not your highest yielding and can take a learning curve to get dialed in..personally I'd like to see you growing some White Widow or Hashplant cross.. You've got a lot of nice equipment, but fear it's not being used to get the best outcome possible.

T-5's are awesome for vegging and should be right down within inches of your canopy..(running these lights vertical would really increase stretching by the way), training plants to keep your canopy even makes so all the budsites are in what I all. Line of sight or, receiving direct light.. always better to bend something out of the way then to cut it too unless topping..

Here's my suggestions: Top the plant when the 3rd node grows enough to have 1/8" side branches coming in on the sides of your main top.. cut just the tip leaving these 2 small side branches, these will become 2 main colas.. do same thing to them and you get 4 main colas.. after these have recovered and your close to flipping your plants, FIM cut them and watch the branches below fill out and actually catch up with the height of the 4 main branches..

This is how you create a BUSH of a plant and FIM cutting is something I swear by along with SUPERCROPPING if you have the room. From what I see you've got a great start, now time to read, experiment and find something that works for you ..never look back. Best of luck man.

T

tedsprogz

I took that pic yesterday and its in the 1st week of flower plus I vegged for 5 weeks so its about 6 weeks total from seed. I only topped it once but its an indica dominant strain that naturally grows wider then taller. With something like OG Kush thats known for long internodal spacing I would of topped it a few more times.

OG Kush has very short internode length...one of my favorite strains. Ive grown Venus OG that was sativa dom. but that want a kush. If yours is indeed OGK the nodes will be tight if your environment is dialed in.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

OG Kush has very short internode length...one of my favorite strains. Ive grown Venus OG that was sativa dom. but that want a kush. If yours is indeed OGK the nodes will be tight if your environment is dialed in.

I'm not growing OG Kush and I never have, I heard from alot of people that OG Kush stretches with long internodes thats why I used it as a comparison to what I am currently growing. My strain now is about 80% indica and the internodes are very tight. Also, it naturaly grows wider then taller, so I top it once, a couple branches tied down here and there and I'm good.

Green Giant

Green Giant

I am growing OGK right now, just finished my first harvest of 3 ladies, ended up with just over 9oz of dried goodness!! I have 3 more due out in a few weeks, and 5 more just moved into flower.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

over a half lb dried, thats a good harvest bro. Good luck on your current grow.

I made a grow diary last night so I'm not gonna use this thread anymore, thanks Green Giant, if you or anyone else wants to check out my diary its under 'Grow Diary' and its called 'Blueberry - My 1st Grow Diary'. Thanks again for letting me post updates on your thread.

Green Giant

Green Giant

over a half lb dried, thats a good harvest bro. Good luck on your current grow.

I made a grow diary last night so I'm not gonna use this thread anymore, thanks Green Giant, if you or anyone else wants to check out my diary its under 'Grow Diary' and its called 'Blueberry - My 1st Grow Diary'. Thanks again for letting me post updates on your thread.

You think thats good? I say that because the guy I got the clone from says he pulls over a lb a plant, I haven't seen it in person, but thats what he says........ I will be checking out your grow as soon as this posts...;) Thanks for all your input.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yeah thats good depending on the type of light and the way you grow it. You were also growing in soil, that means your not gonna get as much as someone growing the exact same strain in hydro. Thanks for checking out my grow...peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom