How to Bring outside compost inside

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

I have a veggie garden outside and have been making compost from all the leaves, grass, weeds, plant scraps and cardboard. I cover it with straw to keep it moist. This is a COLD compost pile...I just pile it all up and flip it over in the fall and then the next spring.

My current pile is 2 years old and the bugs, worms, fungus etc has been digesting it ever since.

This a picture of it three years ago. It's
How to bring outside compost inside
kind of funny but I got more tomatoes growling out of my compost pile that year then I did in my beds.

Id like to use this for my indoor plants because its like steroids when I put it in my raised beds. BUT I am afraid of bringing something inside that will harm my cannabis because it is cold composted.

Is there anyway to kill off the bad but leave the good in it? I've heard of people baking it in their oven at like 200 degrees for an hour or so but the microbes will definitely be killed ,and that is what I'm after.

Anyone have an answer to this dilemma??

Ponky

Ponky

. Yard compost isn't cannabis' friendly. However. Start with a test pot. Plant a clone. And see. If its good it's good. Maybe mix in some black earth.

7munkee

7munkee

Since it is the microbes I'm after, perhaps a tea made from a few cups of the compost? Not sure how long they will live eating nothing but FF Ocean forest in my pots that is basically spent.

Ponky

Ponky

Since it is the microbes I'm after, perhaps a tea made from a few cups of the compost? Not sure how long they will live eating nothing but FF Ocean forest in my pots that is basically spent.
I personally would just top dress and water if you want to see if it works. But it's a risk. Couple inches of rich compost on top and water it in.

7munkee

7munkee

I'll bring in a couple cups and dump it on a baking sheet or something and remove any critters I see.

Top Bottom