HOW-TO CannaOil

• Thread starter Kuntjoose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kuntjoose

Kuntjoose

Things ull need

• 2 cups of oil (whatever kind the occasion calls for)
• Approx 1 oz finely processed of grass
• 1 small-med. Sauce pan (or double boiler whichever is handy)
• 1 med METAL or GLASS mixing bowl
• 1 Whisk or spoon
• Cheesecloth (avail @grocery and superstores)
• 1 funnel (optional)
• Storage receptacle of your choice I use a canning jar

Directions
Place pan on stove fill half full with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and place mixing bowl on top of pan. Pour in your oil and mix in your grass. Now just stir and attend to your concoction for the next 45 min to an hr. just is sure the heat is low and the water doesn’t run dry. Remove from heat let cool till u can work with it and not burn urself. Prep your Container and funnel with cheesecloth and strain mixture thru. Toss out used cloth and spent grass. Store in air tight container in cool dark place. Any kind of oil can be used. You can also add herbs and citrus peels to flavor the oil.

Hope you enjoy:)

M

mattl1130

Finally!!

Thank you! I've been wanting to know how to make this forever!!!:nerd

K

KingCrimson

if I was using bubble hash or BHO about how much should I use for the 2 cups of oil?
I'm pretty sure I have a fairly high tolerance and am looking for a real kick in the ass.

If I had some truly potent oil I could just easily mix with any food, that would be invaluable!

S

s00thsayer

old post but in case anyone else is looking for the answer......hash is basically pure thc. if bud is generally 15 to 20 percent thc then you'd need 4.25 grams to 5.7 grams of hash to equate to an ounce of bud

mikeb437

mikeb437

couldnt you just simmer the oil/weed mix in a pan rather than using the double boiler?

N

nucleotide

The double boiler gives it more even heat and allows the heat to be more buffered and consistent, you'll find yourself scorching less. You don't want to get it too hot ;)

C

Coco4Coco

Crock Pots work good also for making Canna Oil...
I use 1/2 oil and 1/2 water .... for 8 to 10 hrs...
then strain with cheese cloth and put in fridge over night...
you will see the oil and water has separated ...
then strain off water from the oil....
THC remains in the oil... all the green Chlorophyll taste stays in the water

I also have a friend that uses Organic Coconut Oil to make their Canna Oil
And those were some of the most delicious brownies I have eaten.

C

claudacio

What does anyone think about twice cooking oil if needed? I just started making brownies with canna oil and it seems like my first batch was the best out of the 4 or 5 I've made since. I had a bunch of trim that I wanted to get into a like a 1/2 cup of oil to use for 1 tray of brownies and all the oil kinda got soaked up by the weed so I took some out and added some more oil but they didnt come out as strong as I hoped, nor did my last batch and I used 12 grams of some decent shit in 1 batch of brownies and those didnt come out as strong either. I dun did something wrong, the first batch was "I gotta go to the hospital because I think I'm dead worthy".

I like the idea of using a double boiler type setup, that is new to me, I've been simmering straight up in a sauce pan and have gotten it a little brown once or twice. Does over cooking or overheating reduce potency?

I usually mix the weed into the oil kinda cool before it gets hot and I bring it almost to a simmer where it starts to bubble on the outer edge of the pan and then I'll turn it down to medium or so and try not to scorch it but I've screwed it up a couple times like I said but I'm digging the edibles for sure, definitely need to perfect the method of making them.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Sounds Good Claudacio.

Thanks for bumping this. I wanted to share what I have discovered

We make canna oil with(dryice) hash in this same fashion.
(we use less oil)

No straining!

and the hash is wayyyyy stronger once it has bonded to that oil..:confused0054:

We cap it up in jellcaps :mmm

BloodshotGrin

BloodshotGrin

Sounds Good Claudacio.

Thanks for bumping this. I wanted to share what I have discovered

We make canna oil with(dryice) hash in this same fashion.
(we use less oil)

No straining!

and the hash is wayyyyy stronger once it has bonded to that oil..:confused0054:

We cap it up in jellcaps :mmm

What is the process for bonding the oil and hash? Thanks

Top Bottom