How to choose a seed company?

• Thread starter Sod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sod

I normally buy clones. However, I have moved and I'm in a very rural area. To buy clones now involves a three hour trip one way, and that's if the seller agrees to meet me part of the way otherwise I'd be looking at least of a 4 hour trip, again one way. So the last time I was less than impressed with the clones the guy had. But, no choice so I had to choose from what he had. That will be the last time for him. That brings me to seeds from now on. Countless companies to choose from. The pictures of the cola's are all nice. The number of strains is mind boggling. So how do you pick a seed company? Are there a few that are a part of this forum's community that you all use and are happy with? Ease of payments is also something to consider. So what's the secret guys/gals? The full color pictures sure do look good.
Thank y'all for suggestions,
SOD

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I’m sure there are dozens of reputable seed companies that many growers use. There’s probably a sticky somewhere that experts can refer you to. Many seed banks are in the UK, Netherlands, and the US, and Canada. I personally have used Attitude Seeds for 10+ years so I know they’re a survivor. Good prices, mix and match, lots of freebie seeds. I’ve mailed cash for every purchase and have NEVER gotten stiffed. Oh, and 99% germination rate. This year for kix, I bought some breeder pack seeds in Maine that cost twice what I paid from attitude. I planted 5 using my previous very successful germination methods and had 0% germinate. ☹️ Whether you can grow buds that match the pics in the adds is up to you and totally depends on your growing conditions and skills. It’s nice when it happens but usually varies. Keep researching and good luck.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There are plenty of trustworthy seed sellers. As for breeders, it's sort of like deciding which movie to watch — if you know of a "critic" with the same tastes as you have you can trust that person's advice on movies. If you know of someone with the same tastes in weed as you, listen to what they say about strains they've tried.

HighRootz

HighRootz

I've bought beans from Dina-Fem, Soma, and Dutch Passion before. As of last year, I bought from a fellow farmer on here, @Poekie. I know @Trustfall had some tester beans available, not sure if they're still available. Right now at the moment, I'm talking with @Matix35 to secure some Sin City beans. There's also a bean selection in the forum to order from

Top Bottom