How To Compare Grow Lights

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

yea agreed. they look like works of art. My next lite will be the spyderxPlus

I was looking at these, a 658w something or the other. The question is in real world terms what actual output are we looking at? We're all aware of the cheapo '600w' units, that contain 10w twin chips but probably only run 3 or 4 watts max on each. At the price they want for one of yours, I would expect to get 200 grams at least. Or do you just use as supplemental?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I was looking at these, a 658w something or the other. The question is in real world terms what actual output are we looking at? We're all aware of the cheapo '600w' units, that contain 10w twin chips but probably only run 3 or 4 watts max on each. At the price they want for one of yours, I would expect to get 200 grams at least. Or do you just use as supplemental?
To be clear they are not mine. I do however have a buddy that does scrog in a 8 x 8 tent and he is using the SpyderX+ plus and he just harvested just under 2 elbows with one light. He used it for veg and flower. He is killin it with Fluence lighting. I want one real bad but just cant justify pulling the trigger until my old legacy HID lights and ballasts need replacing. When that time comes I will def have a Spyder X Plus in my veg and flower room.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
To be clear they are not mine. I do however have a buddy that does scrog in a 8 x 8 tent and he is using the SpyderX+ plus and he just harvested just under 2 elbows with one light. He used it for veg and flower. He is killin it with Fluence lighting. I want one real bad but just cant justify pulling the trigger until my old legacy HID lights and ballasts need replacing. When that time comes I will def have a Spyder X Plus in my veg and flower room.
How many watts is the spryderx+ compared to yield? 700 watts to 900 grams? Hell ya

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
3_SPYDRxPlus_Side.turned.png

SPYDRx PLUS

SPYDRx PLUS is a full-cycle top-lighting solution for commercial horticulture cultivation, with the power to scale from vegetative growth to bloom. For optimal results, we recommend SPYDRx PLUS deployed in environments with CO2 supplementation between 800-1400 ppm in reproductive growth stage due to high PPFD levels.

Product Data
PPF: 1410 µmol/s

PPFD: (μmol/m2/s): 909 avg | 1022 max | 664 min

SPYDRx PLUS
Power consumption (watts): 660 typical

Electrical efficiency (μmol/J): 2.1

PS I digress and have to correct mysel from previous post he is rocking 2 spyders in a 8 by 8

Dan789

Dan789

I've never used anything but fluorescent and LEDS for a grow. The money for the electricity never made sense and I've got a thousand watt 140,000 "lumen" HPS fixture and bulb I bought and it's never been plugged in.
LED's started making the scene and even without any real information and certainly without any of the solid info jumpincactus has provided myself and others have gone LED.
I agree Fluence is king, but not everyone, especially many new to the growing scene can afford those "Mercedes Maybach's" of lights.
That said and not to dispute one iotta of what s been posted, Everyday another sub ultimate spectrum/par/umol LED light is used to grow some great MJ.
The common everyday advice I would offer is to do your homework and get recommendations from someone who isn't selling you something. This site is great for that.
Hopefully some day I'll be swinging one of those fluence bad boys, but until that day, I'm going with essentially what I've got. No apologies, no excuses and no looking back wishing for something I should've done. Peace to all

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I've never used anything but fluorescent and LEDS for a grow. The money for the electricity never made sense and I've got a thousand watt 140,000 "lumen" HPS fixture and bulb I bought and it's never been plugged in.
LED's started making the scene and even without any real information and certainly without any of the solid info jumpincactus has provided myself and others have gone LED.
I agree Fluence is king, but not everyone, especially many new to the growing scene can afford those "Mercedes Maybach's" of lights.
That said and not to dispute one iotta of what s been posted, Everyday another sub ultimate spectrum/par/umol LED light is used to grow some great MJ.
The common everyday advice I would offer is to do your homework and get recommendations from someone who isn't selling you something. This site is great for that.
Hopefully some day I'll be swinging one of those fluence bad boys, but until that day, I'm going with essentially what I've got. No apologies, no excuses and no looking back wishing for something I should've done. Peace to all
I like a fella that makes decisions and has no regrets or makes any apologies. Nice!!!

In growing, we all know, it is what works for YOU the farmer. I don't own a Fluence Spyder due to cost impact as well. Little too rich for my taste, but they are worth it if you can swing the cost.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
What LED lights do you recommend. I'm thinking of buying the spyder or blackdog led
Hands down bro. Spend the dinero on the SpydrXplus. I have been looking at my buddies results and next lighting move I make will be Fluence. No not a sales rep just someone on the outside looking in and liking what I am seeing. Trying to talk homey into joining up here and doing some journals with his gear. Only word that comes to mind is he is "Slaying" it. So thats my .2 cents on led lighting....... Hope it helps.

C

Charles Kim

Hands down bro. Spend the dinero on the SpydrXplus. I have been looking at my buddies results and next lighting move I make will be Fluence. No not a sales rep just someone on the outside looking in and liking what I am seeing. Trying to talk homey into joining up here and doing some journals with his gear. Only word that comes to mind is he is "Slaying" it. So thats my .2 cents on led lighting....... Hope it helps.

Thanks for your advise!!! I 'm definitely going with spyder+!!!

Dewd

Dewd

Thanks for your advise!!! I 'm definitely going with spyder+!!!
I'm doing a non-scientific comparison atm. Kind XL1000, lumigrow 650, spydr 1200 and 1000w HPS. 4 weeks in and the spydr seems to be winning with the HPS running a close 2nd.

Top Bottom