How To Create Feminized Seeds! By Dgl

• Thread starter DGL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grohio

grohio

Just like in the 80s when we started breeding short flowering and non hermaproditic indicas into thr equitorial sativas that were long flowering and hermaphroditic.

T

ToTHC

Grohio, off topic, is all that gear in your signature your favorite sutff im guessing? Im think of trying some stuff from nirvana and barneys.

grohio

grohio

The commercial market is always trying to create a shortcut to the end product. Shorter flower times, feminized seeds,and whatever is next. Now its turning to a homogenous gene pool. I praise the individuals that are growing landrace cultivars and preserving the true genetics.

grohio

grohio

Grohio, off topic, is all that gear in your signature your favorite sutff im guessing? Im think of trying some stuff from nirvana and barneys.
Its all gear that i have grown and still grow. Nirvana bubble is a very nice yielder. Havent found a pink bubblegum pheno yet. But im still searching. :) Im also very happy with my barneys critical kush. Nice heavy yielding og.

T

ToTHC

Its all gear that i have grown and still grow. Nirvana bubble is a very nice yielder. Havent found a pink bubblegum pheno yet. But im still searching. :) Im also very happy with my barneys critical kush. Nice heavy yielding og.

Asweome man, I'm about to grab some kaya gold from nirvana and some ayahuasca purple from barneys so i figured id ask. I really want to get some Mr. Nice gear but I'm worried i wont have enough space to pop that many seeds and then select the best phenos. I'll probably end up breaking down and getting some though :-)

T

ToTHC

By the way. Ohio lemon g is a strain that always hermies on me. Screw you lemon g!

I had the same issue with one of my locals but now i have 4 clones from it, I just put one on 12-12 to see if it herms too. If so I'm tossing the other 3.

grohio

grohio

Grab up some bodhi gear. Its suppse to be on point. Havent grown none yet myself but its what eveyone is talking about. Supose to be legit.

T

ToTHC

Grab up some bodhi gear. Its suppse to be on point. Havent grown none yet myself but its what eveyone is talking about. Supose to be legit.
Ty man, I just looked and their names are fucking awesome, Dank Sinatra, Dream Beaver lol

grohio

grohio

I seen a grow journal of more cowbell. Looked beautiful. Goji og is supose to be on point to.

T

ToTHC

MiMed to just add a bit the only thing id disagree with a bit above is "they would hermie because the stress is still present". I think what happens sometimes these days is people are given genetics that have been self seeded or cloned so many times that the genetics are so degraded every plant herms. Then they come to the assumption that all self seeded hermies will herm, which as we both agree is wrong, they'll be feminized seeds, but what I was getting at is i believe a degradation in genetics can cause herms, not just stress. Then again you might be right and it may just be bad environment over and over.

Right now I have two different strains that are self seeded herms. One of the strains continued to herm the next generation and the other has produced 20+ all feminized plants with no issues growing side by side in the same tent. That is what leads me to the theory that its a result of too many self seed runs or too many clones that cause inherited hermaphrodism. I'll keep updating as I just killed the first herm and moved another of that strain over to flower for testing.

T

ToTHC

haha same story, all the best banks are non fem gear, gonna have to sack up and run a bunch of em.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

MiMed to just add a bit the only thing id disagree with a bit above is "they would hermie because the stress is still present". I think what happens sometimes these days is people are given genetics that have been self seeded or cloned so many times that the genetics are so degraded every plant herms. Then they come to the assumption that all self seeded hermies will herm, which as we both agree is wrong, they'll be feminized seeds, but what I was getting at is i believe a degradation in genetics can cause herms, not just stress. Then again you might be right and it may just be bad environment over and over.

Right now I have two different strains that are self seeded herms. One of the strains continued to herm the next generation and the other has produced 20+ all feminized plants with no issues growing side by side in the same tent. That is what leads me to the theory that its a result of too many self seed runs or too many clones that cause inherited hermaphrodism. I'll keep updating as I just killed the first herm and moved another of that strain over to flower for testing.

I should have added that the genetics have to be well bred. Not much you can do about all the amature breeding going on.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

haha same story, all the best banks are non fem gear, gonna have to sack up and run a bunch of em.

They would like you to believe this. I like your above comment as it is very thoughtful and I want to propose this.

Most of the classic breeders have made regs and fems. They bred the plants properly and feminized with excellent plants. I have had almost no problems with hundreds of fem seeds from competent breeders and expect the same results into the thousands. And all of the times I saw stamen on my female flowers I was able to correct a stress in the room and no more nanners. And I still never had more than a few seeds ever.

Think maybe these newer popular "legal market" breeders are not experienced in making fems and just marketing the idea that regs are better.

Honestly I think the whole nanner hysteria is kind of a noob thing. I used to stress on it and now almost never see a bag seed.

And when I do I plant it with high hopes if I liked the smoke.

I say pick a breeder with some known history. Not just an IG account.

grohio

grohio

Why grow feminized seeds if you can get the same strain in regular seed form? It makes no since to me. Youtube some breeder panels from emerald cup or indo expo. None of the real breeders are down with fem seeds. They do have there place, but why fem if its not for the purpose of preservation.

grohio

grohio

Strains do not hermie from continuous cloning in my opinion. Nor from being self polinated. I have feminized strains that i can stress the hell out of and they still dont herm. I believe hermaphroditicism is in the genetics. Thats why you choose strains that dont hermie under stress to feminize.

grohio

grohio

Id rather grow a hermaphroditic sativa landrace then a polyhybrid mix up any day. Just wish i could get my hands on some.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Why grow feminized seeds if you can get the same strain in regular seed form? It makes no since to me. Youtube some breeder panels from emerald cup or indo expo. None of the real breeders are down with fem seeds. They do have there place, but why fem if its not for the purpose of preservation.

Because I like growing plants from seed better than cuttings and I have a plant count to maintain and can't have males taking up my numbers or my production would fall off.

Top Bottom