How To Create Feminized Seeds! By Dgl

• Thread starter DGL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DGL

Hey guys DGL here before we begin i would like to start off by saying i will not be explaining how to create female seeds by causing stress or heat fluctuation to produce male flowers, the stress / heat fluctuation method creates seeds with hermaphrodite TRAITS! within the genetic material and we don't want that know do we? lol so lets begin.

First off grasping a better understanding of how or why female plants produce pollen WITHOUT STRESS! aka Self Pollination.

It became evident that almost all unpollinated female plants would inevitably pro-duce some male pollen. This is a survival mechanism: when a female plant is not pollinated by a male plant, it generates male pollen to fertilize itself. After self pollination, the female plant bears seeds. By systematically collecting pollen produced by these hermaphroditic female plants and fertilizing flowers on other females, I was able to produce feminized seeds.

the Process of Self Pollination to create female seeds is very LIMITING from a production stand point let me explain below:

The process of self Pollination means that we were only able to produce and harvest a small amount of female pollen, which seriously limited production. It took a lot of effort to produce a few thousand seeds.

The Question know is how do we get abundant “female” pollen to produce feminized seeds without waiting on self Pollination:

the answer was found at the Agricultural University at Wageningen. Researchers there had done similar work with other plant species, such as cucumbers. They had discovered that plant hormones and less complex agents can drastically change the physiology and morphology of the cucumber. It then took Henk Van Dalen(creator of dutch passion seeds) about two years to check which hormones and other agents could enhance pollen production in female cannabis plants without disrupting their normal growth pattern.

Henk Van Dalen Found that gibberellic acid(GA3), silver nitrate, and silver thiosulfate are the Chemicles that Promote Female Flowering:

They each inhibit the plant’s production of ethylene, a hormone that promotes female flowering. Without ethylene, female flower
production is reduced or stopped.

First why and how does gibberellic acid Promote Female Flowering?

Gibberellins are hormones that plants produce to regulate many phases of their growth. Several of the gibberellins, such
as GA3, 4, 5 and 7, induce male flowers when they are sprayed on female plants before they begin flowering. GA3, which is the gibberellin most commonly available commercially, is the most effective.

How to Use GA3 Properly?

Gibberellin must be used carefully. Lower doses result in fewer male flowers. Higher amounts have an inhibitory effect. Lightly spray the tops of the plant for five consecutive days and then force the plants to flower by increasing the uninterrupted dark period to 12 hours a day. The sprayed area will stretch a bit, but within two weeks, the first signs of male flowers will appear. They will be ripe and ready to release pollen in another two weeks.

For Best Results Use This Recipe to Create GA3:

use a solution of 0.01% (0.1 gram GA3 in a liter of distilled water).

Why Is Silver Thiosulfate More Effective then Silver nitrate?

Silver Thiosulfate induces more male flowers then silver nitrate plain and simple.

How To Use Silver Thiosulfate Properly?

Spray the plant until the liquid drips off the leaves. Then immediately change the light regimen from vegetative to flowering. The leaves will droop and stop growing for a few days, yellow a bit and then regain turgidity. Male flower growth will become apparent in a couple of weeks. The flowers will ripen a few weeks later.

For Best Results Use This Recipe to Create Silver Thiosulfate:

Mix 0.1g silver nitrate in 100 ml (3.5oz.) distilled water. Stir rapidly until dissolved (Solution A). Mix 0.5g sodium thiosulfate in 100 ml distilled
water. Stir rapidly until dissolved (Solution B). Pour Solution A into Solution B. Dilute Solution A/B 1:9 with distilled water. That is, add the 200
ml of solution to a 2-liter container and fill to the top with distilled water. The solution is now ready to spray.

Know the question is how does this create Female Pollen and Not Hermaphrodite Pollen?

If a branch of one female is turned “male,” By Spraying the Plant with Gibberellic Acid(GA3), Silver Nitrate or Silver Thiosulfate there will be pollen to fertilize the other plant, and to create seed when no male is around. Feminized seeds are produced by inducing a normal female, not a hermaphrodite, to grow male flowers with viable pollen. The pollen Created by These Normal Female's contains only female, or X, chromosomes because the plant has no Y, or male, chromosomes. The progeny will inherit an X from the male flower’s pollen and an X from the egg donor female flower. The resulting seeds can only inherit two X chromosome.

P.S. The actions of these chemicals are localized, what does this mean?

This Means If only one branch of a plant is sprayed with GA3, Silver Nitrate And/or Silver Thiosulfate, that branch will be the only one affected. The rest of the plant will continue growing female flowers, not males

Lastly You may ask can i still produce hermaphroditic plants while using female seeds? yes with stress! explanation:

Even when using feminized seeds, there is still a small chance that you will have a few plants that are hermaphrodites (truly both male and female) or males. You should monitor all your plants through the entire growth stage to check for these oddities. Maintaining stable growing conditions is the best way to prevent male or hermaphroditic plants. Environmental stresses such as light, disruption, or over-pruning will encourage female plants to produce pollen. If you do find a male or a hermaphrodite, remove it but if your in week 6+ of flower and one of your plants starts growing a male flower in my opinion leave it and finish up the harvest! but if this happens in week 5, 4, 3, 2 or 1 KILL THAT PLANT! A.S.A.P

Credits:

Ed Rosenthal - i honestly got most of this information a couple of years back from Oaksterdam university Coarse Book i just put it into my own words.

Chimera For being a bad-ass Breeder and releasing information he has acquired to the public for no REASON!!, making the information he acquires through rigorous years of experimentation "publicly known Information".

Henk Van Dalen For supplying most of the information on this thread!.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
This is definitely NOT recommended for breeders. You are tampering with allele frequencies and will always have herm tendency and you must have a good grow atmosphere. Good for folks that have a plant they want to keep around and dont have seeds available.
This method can make millions of gallons of spray so you dont have to buy it over and over.
2016 03 05 103632

T

ToTHC

I'm new here but I've heard different information regarding stressed hermies. How I understand herming from a genetic perspective is that if a plant herms from genetic degradation or genetic mutation, and not from stress, than that trait is very likely to be passed on, as it is genetic. However, if the herm is caused by stress, as suggested by the OP, that trait is not passed onto the children and the seeds will be feminized. (If you continue doing this for generations I would guess that the genetics would degrade with each generation like a clone of a clone and eventually you would end up with hermed genetics, but im not 100% sure on that) If you have a female plant that is stable genetically and stress it until it herms you will have all feminized seeds that, from my own experience, wont have increased likelyhood of herming, other than the normal increased likelyhood that is created by self breeding degradation of the genetics. This is just my personal experience, feminized seeds were extracted from a stressed plant, and so far after running 20 of them all have been females and have not hermed. Fingers crossed that it continues this way.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Stressing a plant to herm does not create feminized seeds. It creates more hermie prone seeds. Collidial silver, sts does. I had a fem seed herm.and douch a gg4. Found 30 viable seeds. Popped and flowered every single seed. By week 2.5 every fn one of them hermied on me. Every one!

T

ToTHC

Stressing a plant to herm does not create feminized seeds. It creates more hermie prone seeds. Collidial silver, sts does. I had a fem seed herm.and douch a gg4. Found 30 viable seeds. Popped and flowered every single seed. By week 2.5 every fn one of them hermied on me. Every one!

I've had a different experience so far as none of my subsequent seeds have hermed. But i also had far, far more than 30 viable seeds so I don't know if that would play a roll. I've discussed this with a geneticist who confirmed to me that the hermies being passed on is a result of genetics and you cant pass on a trait forced through stress. Stress is an environmental factor and cannot be engrained into the genetics of the plants the same way if your father had his arm cutoff you wouldn't be born with 1 arm. Correlation doesnt equal causation, a lot of times a plant herms that was predispositioned to herming as a genetic mutation and people assume it was from stress; then when they use the seeds those seeds herm and they form the theory you have here which is that a plant stressed to herm produces herms. I haven't had this happen so far but again as I said originally ive hear people claim both sides of the arguement. Im interested to see if in the future any of these seeds herm or if they all remain feminized.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Lol
You can stress a plant in flower, it WILL produce nanners which are full of POLLEN. Thus will open up and spread onto any other flowering plants. Thus pollinating said plants. They will then stop bud production growth, and go into seed making mode.

Please read the following below in 2.5 weeks from flip or about 6 weeks from flip.
"I told ya so".

T

ToTHC

Lol
You can stress a plant in flower, it WILL produce nanners which are full of POLLEN. Thus will open up and spread onto any other flowering plants. Thus pollinating said plants. They will then stop bud production growth, and go into seed making mode.

Please read the following below in 2.5 weeks from flip or about 6 weeks from flip.
"I told ya so".

This is 100% true if you just wait for a plant to herm and then use the seeds. When forcing it I've had different results. I'll let you know soon enough how it ends up.

T

ToTHC

Regardless based on the above it seems its best to just use Colladial silver everytime in order to get the best results.

grohio

grohio

With that being said, all the research i have done states that you should carefully choose strains to self pollinate based upon there ability to take stress and not hermie.

T

ToTHC

I dont think feminizing a strain is a good idea. Unless you absolutely have to in order to preserve genetics.
We are ruining our gene pool with feminized seeds.
I've seen that most of the seed banks people love on here like Mr. Nice or Archive only sell non-feminized seeds because as you said about the gene pool feminized seed definitely have degraded genetics and more so with each generation just like a clone. Then again everything has its purpose, I just wouldn't go out more than a generation from the original plant because after that its essentially a clone of a clone and genetic mutations are going to be far more likely.

T

ToTHC

Lol at the above statement

Gg4 has been around for about 4yrs. It's a CLONE ONLY strain. It's been cloned more times than anything. Still as potent and kick ass as ever.
Just imagine if it wasn't a clone strain! haha

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have planted dozens of "stress" seeds. They have all been female and all flowered with no sign of stamen. I stressed plants plenty my first year. And I kept all the seeds I found.

I have one flowering right now. I have only confidence in her.

The reason they would "hermie" is because he stress that caused them is still present.

It doesn't matter how the plant developed nanners. The genetic code is not different because of method of seed production.

T

ToTHC

I have planted dozens of "stress" seeds. They have all been female and all flowered with no sign of stamen. I stressed plants plenty my first year. And I kept all the seeds I found.

I have one flowering right now. I have only confidence in her.

The reason they would "hermie" is because he stress that caused them is still present.

It doesn't matter how the plant developed nanners. The genetic code is not different because of method of seed production.
I've had this same experience, all have been female and flowered for me so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom